Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Making a Tab delimiter file to Comma Post 302594037 by saggiboy10 on Monday 30th of January 2012 09:23:56 AM
Old 01-30-2012
Making a Tab delimiter file to Comma

How can i make a tab delimiter file to a comma delimiter???

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Tab delimited file to Comma delimited file in Unix

Hi, Can anyone let me know on how to convert a Tab delimited file to Comma delimited file in Unix Thanks!! (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: charan81
22 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cutting a tab delimiter file

I have a 30 column tab delimited record file. I need to extract the first 10column. The following command to cut was not working cut -f 1-10 -d "\t" filename. Could any one keep on this . Thanks in Advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinod.thayil
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

append data in a file by using tab delimiter

Hi, I need to append the data in to a file by using tab delimiter. eg: echo "Data1" >> filename.txt echo "\t" >> filename.txt (its not working) echo "Data2" >> filename.txt. the result sould be like this. Data1 Data2 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharmila_P
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace comma(,) with Tab

hi all, i have a file with commas(,). i want to replace all the commas with tab(\t). Plz help...its urgent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas_kesarwani
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing Comma by Tab

Hi All, i have a file test.txt as shown below, 1,test,test111 2,rest,rest222 i want to replace the commas by tab delimiter.., it should be like, 1 test test111 2 rest rest222 i tried the following code, sed 's/,/\\t/g' test.txt >> ouptut.txt (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Serious Sam
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delimiter: Tab or Space?

Hello, Is there a direct command to check if the delimiter in your file is a tab or a space? And how can they be converted from one to another. Thanks, G (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

comma delimiter and space

I have a csv file and there is a problem which I need to resolve. Column1,Column2,Colum3,Column4 ,x,y,z ,d,c,v t,l,m,n ,h,s,k ,k,,y z,j, ,p Now if you see column1 for row 1 and row 4 though they are null there is a space but in case of row2 and row 5 there is no space. I want row... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RubinPat
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exporting data into Comma Delimiter.

Hi, Requirement: Exporting data from Oracle to UNIX into "Comma" delimiter. Help Needed: I was able to connect to Oracle and import the data. But please let me know while importing the data I need to make it into Comma delimiter flat file. For Example: Source Data - 100 ABC TLead... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunvasu2
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert comma delimited file to tab separator

Hi all, How can i convert comma delimited .csv file to tab separate using sed command or script. Thanks, Krupa (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krupasindhu18
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace comma delimiter by newline

The input file is as below AR,age,marks,roll,section,evin,25,80,456,A,atch,23,56,789,B,eena,24 ,78H245,C,Ps,ot,ecessary,hat,ame comes first then age and rest AR AZ,kevin,25,80,456,A,Satch,23,56,789,Satch,23,56,789,B,Meena,24,78,H245,C,AZ ................ ................ I am writting... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
8 Replies
Regexp::Common::delimited(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Regexp::Common::delimited(3pm)

NAME
Regexp::Common::delimited -- provides a regex for delimited strings SYNOPSIS
use Regexp::Common qw /delimited/; while (<>) { /$RE{delimited}{-delim=>'"'}/ and print 'a " delimited string'; /$RE{delimited}{-delim=>'/'}/ and print 'a / delimited string'; } DESCRIPTION
Please consult the manual of Regexp::Common for a general description of the works of this interface. Do not use this module directly, but load it via Regexp::Common. $RE{delimited}{-delim}{-esc} Returns a pattern that matches a single-character-delimited substring, with optional internal escaping of the delimiter. When "-delim=S" is specified, each character in the sequence S is a possible delimiter. There is no default delimiter, so this flag must always be specified. If "-esc=S" is specified, each character in the sequence S is the delimiter for the corresponding character in the "-delim=S" list. The default escape is backslash. For example: $RE{delimited}{-delim=>'"'} # match "a " delimited string" $RE{delimited}{-delim=>'"'}{-esc=>'"'} # match "a "" delimited string" $RE{delimited}{-delim=>'/'} # match /a / delimited string/ $RE{delimited}{-delim=>q{'"}} # match "string" or 'string' Under "-keep" (See Regexp::Common): $1 captures the entire match $2 captures the opening delimiter (provided only one delimiter was specified) $3 captures delimited portion of the string (provided only one delimiter was specified) $4 captures the closing delimiter (provided only one delimiter was specified) $RE{quoted}{-esc} A synonym for $RE{delimited}{q{-delim='"`}{...}} SEE ALSO
Regexp::Common for a general description of how to use this interface. AUTHOR
Damian Conway (damian@conway.org) MAINTAINANCE
This package is maintained by Abigail (regexp-common@abigail.be). BUGS AND IRRITATIONS
Bound to be plenty. For a start, there are many common regexes missing. Send them in to regexp-common@abigail.be. LICENSE and COPYRIGHT This software is Copyright (c) 2001 - 2009, Damian Conway and Abigail. This module is free software, and maybe used under any of the following licenses: 1) The Perl Artistic License. See the file COPYRIGHT.AL. 2) The Perl Artistic License 2.0. See the file COPYRIGHT.AL2. 3) The BSD Licence. See the file COPYRIGHT.BSD. 4) The MIT Licence. See the file COPYRIGHT.MIT. perl v5.14.2 2010-02-23 Regexp::Common::delimited(3pm)