Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris Attribute Problems
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris Attribute Problems Post 302593843 by jim mcnamara on Sunday 29th of January 2012 12:02:48 PM
Old 01-29-2012
Clearly something in the startup scripts reset it.

1. what file(s) are we talking about?
2. Exactly what OS
3. What additional security software do you have configured?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 Install problems.

Hello Guys. I kinda need some advice about the partitions. You need to have "x86 Boot", "Solaris" and a "swap" partition right ? I did this: I typed 10 percentage for "x86 boot" and 85 percentage for "solaris". The swap partition was at 5000mb. Everything was going smooth, until this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Noel
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problems about installing Solaris 8 on PC

1. OSes coexistence can i install solaris 8 on my pc's 3th primary harddisk partition without damage the user and boot datas of installed operation system? and does i have to install Solaris 8 within several G(such as 8G) size of the harddisk? the following is partition table of my harddisk: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samprax
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

booting problems on solaris

When i try to boot my solaris 2.6 E220R server, i get this error message > INIT: cannot create /var/adm/utmp or /var/adm/utmpx >INIT: failed write of utmpx entry:" " >INIT: failed write of utmpx entry:" " INIT Single User Mode Press Ctrl-d for normal boot process or enter roots password... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: lealyz
10 Replies

4. Solaris

RAID5 problems on solaris

I have one volume raid5 with 3 slice one of them is maintenance state. I replace this slice and resync the volume. when I try to mount the file system another slice goes to last erred. Again resync and the state goes to OK but the slice in mantenance persist. I try to enabled this but persist in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: usdsia
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Sed problems on Solaris 10

Hi, The config file: # Port(s) for accepting client connections RTSPPort=554 bash-3.00# awk -F"=" -v gr="888" '/RTSPPort/{$2=gr;}1' OFS="=" server.ini awk: syntax error near line 1 awk: bailing out near line 1 Can you help me on why this doesn't work. The next one neighter. Dosn't... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: potro
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Problems installing Solaris 10

I just built my new computer with a q6600 quad core, 4 gig ram, Nvidia vidoo card but when I try to install the latest Solaris 10 on it the keyboard is not being detected when the installation starts so I'm unable to go complete the installation. First I tried a USB keyboard and it didn't work,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: isomorphic
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Having problems with finger on Solaris 10

I have a bunch of Solaris systems and for the 8/9 systems, I can type "finger -s 2" to get a list of all users (whether they are logged in or not) and the last time they logged in. I have some new 10 systems and this command does not work. Does anybody know whether this was changed in Solaris 10?... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muller
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 Log In problems

I installed Solaris 10 and I cannot get past the log in screen!!! It is asking for a user name and password!!! but I DID NOT set one up during install!!! I set up a password but it is NOT accepting that!! I am at a loss of what to do!!! what do I need to do to get past the log in scree??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moltres_rider
2 Replies

9. Solaris

solaris booting problems

hi am trying to get some knowledge on Solaris common trouble shooting problems.. can some one help me in getting most common issues.. and how to solve those issues. thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aravindreddy
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris IPS problems

Hi guys, long time no see Today I installed Oracle Solaris 11.11 in virtualbox. My machine needs to be bulletproof for our production databases but :D First problem is that I can't install anything using IPS where publisher is solars, default freeware repo for Oracle Solaris. I need... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
9 Replies
XkbSetAutoResetControls(3)					   XKB FUNCTIONS					XkbSetAutoResetControls(3)

NAME
XkbSetAutoResetControls - Changes the current values of the AutoReset control attributes SYNOPSIS
Bool XkbSetAutoResetControls (Display *dpy, unsigned int changes, unsigned int *auto_ctrls, unsigned int *auto_values); ARGUMENTS
- dpy connection to X server - changes controls for which to change auto-reset values - auto_ctrls controls from changes that should auto reset - auto_values 1 bit => auto-reset on DESCRIPTION
XkbSetAutoResetControls changes the auto-reset status and associated auto-reset values for the controls selected by changes. For any con- trol selected by changes, if the corresponding bit is set in auto_ctrls, the control is configured to auto-reset when the client exits. If the corresponding bit in auto_values is on, the control is turned on when the client exits; if zero, the control is turned off when the client exits. For any control selected by changes, if the corresponding bit is not set in auto_ctrls, the control is configured to not reset when the client exits. For example: To leave the auto-reset controls for StickyKeys the way they are: ok = XkbSetAutoResetControls(dpy, 0, 0, 0); To change the auto-reset controls so that StickyKeys are unaffected when the client exits: ok = XkbSetAutoResetControls(dpy, XkbStickyKeysMask, 0, 0); To change the auto-reset controls so that StickyKeys are turned off when the client exits: ok = XkbSetAutoResetControls(dpy, XkbStickyKeysMask, XkbStickyKeysMask, 0); To change the auto-reset controls so that StickyKeys are turned on when the client exits: ok = XkbSetAutoResetControls(dpy, XkbStickyKeysMask, XkbStickyKeysMask, XkbStickyKeysMask); XkbSetAutoResetControls backfills auto_ctrls and auto_values with the auto-reset controls for this particular client. Note that all of the bits are valid in the returned values, not just the ones selected in the changes mask. X Version 11 libX11 1.5.0 XkbSetAutoResetControls(3)