Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Change chmod on files in diff directories Post 302593841 by ahamed101 on Sunday 29th of January 2012 11:50:51 AM
Old 01-29-2012
Use -exec available in find

--ahamed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

diff 2 files; output diff's to 3rd file

Hello, I want to compare two files. All records in file 2 that are not in file 1 should be output to file 3. For example: file 1 123 1234 123456 file 2 123 2345 23456 file 3 should have 2345 23456 I have looked at diff, bdiff, cmp, comm, diff3 without any luck! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blt123
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change permission for directories and files

Is there a way to change subdirectories permission plus the files in the subdirectories in a directory i specified without using the find command? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mingfei2006
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

change permission chmod

Hi, when I launch my perl script, I write on the shell: perl x.pl How I can can change the permission to write only: x to launch the program? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minguccio75
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

recursive chmod that only affects directories?

The man page for chmod doesn't list a way to recursively change permissions on directories only, without affecting the files themselves. Let's say that I wanted to change the permissions on the current directory and all subdirectories. I know I can write a bash script that would do this using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: retrovertigo
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Batch Renaming: Change files' extensions in many sub-directories

Hi all - I'm trying to rename a large number of files all at once and need some help figuring out the command line syntax to do it. I've already done quite a bit of research with the rename and mv commands, but so far haven't found a solution that seems to work for me. So: The files exist... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave920
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using diff on files in different directories

Hi, I want to be able to compare two different files in two different directories. I have a development server set up on one domain and a live server set up on another.....I need to be able to compare files on these two servers. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elduderino
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to change permissions only to files, not directories....?

Hi, I am really new to unix, any help is much appreciated. I need to change permissions of all files under several subdirectories to 700 but keep directories readable (755). Why ? Because I need a FTP user to only list his files and can't read them. But to browse to subfolder, the directories... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: narrok
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chmod for files and directories

Hi, OS - Unix, linux (all unix flavors) My requirement. To check directory/file exists and then change the permission of the directories/files. Iam trying to start with directory and here is my code in the file totalchange.sh (insideragain - is a directory, test1.txt - is a file under the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenkanya
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

chmod to parent and sub directories ?

Hi folk, Could you please give me command to give the rwx permissions to the parent and its sub directories ? Is it possible to fire one command or Script for giving permission to both the parent and its sub directories. I meant to say something like in recurcive. I am using AIX 5.2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to change Permissions on files and directories

Hey, It's me again. Have a problem, that's not really a problem. I have the below script, that goes to the directory I want it to go to. lists out the directories available, lets you choose the directory you want, then it changes the permissions on said directory. using chmod -R and chown -R. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkelly1117
2 Replies
KNIFE-EXEC(1)							    Chef Manual 						     KNIFE-EXEC(1)

NAME
knife-exec - Run user scripts using the Chef API DSL SYNOPSIS
knife exec (options) -E, --exec CODE Provide a snippet of code to evaluate on the command line DESCRIPTION
knife exec runs arbitrary ruby scripts in a context similar to that of the shef(1) DSL. See the shef documentation for a description of the commands available. EXAMPLES
Make an API call against an arbitrary endpoint knife exec -E 'api.get("nodes/fluke.localdomain/cookbooks")' => list of cookbooks for the node fluke.localdomain Remove the role obsolete from all nodes knife exec -E 'nodes.transform(:all){|n| n.run_list.delete("role[obsolete]")}' Generate the expanded run list for hosts in the webserver role knife exec -E 'nodes.find(:roles => "webserver") {|n| n.expand!; n[:recipes]}' SEE ALSO
shef(1) AUTHOR
Chef was written by Adam Jacob adam@opscode.com with many contributions from the community. DOCUMENTATION
This manual page was written by Joshua Timberman joshua@opscode.com. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and / or modify this docu- ment under the terms of the Apache 2.0 License. CHEF
Knife is distributed with Chef. http://wiki.opscode.com/display/chef/Home Chef 10.12.0 June 2012 KNIFE-EXEC(1)