Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Beginning to learn Linux from home Post 302593788 by projektt on Saturday 28th of January 2012 05:47:47 PM
Old 01-28-2012
I originally posted this in the scripting section of this website but was moved here for some reason. I wanted to write a script that would check for updates and run it automatically.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Looking for a good book to learn LINUX

I have just transferred from an mainframe DB2 area to an area that uses LINUX. Any suggestions for a good book to buy for learning LINUX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bigdawg
1 Replies

2. Linux

How and where to learn Linux?

I'd like to pass some exames to get certificates for Linux. Can someone advice me how to do it "on distance" and self studie? thanks! d. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: diamond
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

I want to Learn Linux ?

dear friends I am new in linux and i want to learn linux in dos-mode (note in gui mode). Plz if you have any valuable link plz send me . i will really thankful for this anticipation. irfan ahmad (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itlhr@pharmax.c
4 Replies

4. Fedora

Is it better to learn Linux before unix?

I want to learn (unix solaris), but someone advised me to learn (Linux fedora) before trying (unix solaris) and that they are almost the same.. So shall I go with his advise or is it better to start learning unix directly? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: proud
1 Replies

5. Programming

Learn C on Linux

i am a newbie of linux, and not good at C, now i want to learn C again, i have installed the linux system debian, but i don't know which text editor i should use. when i use the default nano, the sad thing is i can't exit the editor using the command ctrl+x. any tips would be appreciated (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: runeveryday
1 Replies

6. Ubuntu

i am new to linux. and i want to learn linux eagerly.

hey guys, i am hoping some hope. I am using linux very late. i am a pc user since last 6 years. but now , i found that its interesting. i want to learn it from the bottom of my heart, i am kind of addicted to it. can you guys tell me how to make it more interesting and more easy? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahuldbest
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the best book to learn linux kernel?

I'm looking for a book to learn Linux Kernel Now I got a basic C and operating system concept Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Runicer
1 Replies

8. Fedora

Which is the better platform to learn UNIX/Linux (Kali Linux Vs. Red Hat or other)?

I just started a new semester and I started my UNIX class yesterday. I've already decided to use python along with my learning process but what I really want to use with it is Kali as my UNIX/Linux platform to learn off of since I already wanted to learn Cyber Sec. anyways. I just wanted to know if... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ApacheOmega
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Best way to learn Linux

I have some familiarity with Linux, but I want to start learning it, in more detail, now. I will install something like VirtualBox from Oracle, with Centos, as distro, I think. I've been already testing something like this, end I ended up picking Centos for this. I have some time that I can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AdultFoundry
2 Replies
rdeliver(1)						      General Commands Manual						       rdeliver(1)

NAME
rdeliver - Ruby mail filter script SYNOPSYS
rdeliver <options> [script] DESCRIPTION
This script serves as an example of how you can use the RFilter::DeliveryAgent class to perform mail delivery. You can also use this script as a fully functioning mail filter. This script is a basic mail local delivery agent (DeliveryAgent) that can be used in place of procmail, maildrop, etc. in a user's .forward or .qmail file. The user supplies a delivery script that is written in Ruby, which avoids the limitations of the crippled mini-languages so often used in other DeliveryAgent programs. USAGE
rdeliver is invoked from the command line using: % rdeliver <options> [script] The script argument is optional. If omitted the script will look for a file called .rdeliver in the home directory. Options are: --load-path directory Prepend the given directory to ruby's load path. --log filename Log to the given filename. If no log is specified, no logging occurs. --home directory Specify the home directory. rdeliver will change to this directory before reading and writing any files. The home directory defaults to the value of the HOME or LOGDIR environment variable. DELIVERY SCRIPT
The delivery script runs in the context of a class called Deliver (in contrast, most ruby scripts run in the context of the Object class). So any methods added with def will be added to the Deliver class. A minimal delivery script would be: def main agent.save('inbox') end This code defines a Deliver#main method that saves the mail into an mbox style mailbox. The only API the Deliver script has is the #agent method. This retrieves the RFilter::DeliveryAgent object associated with the current message. Using the API of the RFilter::DeliveryAgent object, you can access and modify the message body and headers, defer or reject the message delivery, and deliver into various mailbox formats. See also RFilter::DeliveryAgent and Deliver. INSTALLATION
Assuming you have the RubyMail mail classes installed, you typically have to put something like this in your .forward file: |"/usr/bin/rdeliver --log /home/you/.rlog" This will call rdeliver for each new message you get, and log to /home/you/.rlog. CATASTROPHIC ERRORS
The rdeliver script is very careful with errors. If there is any problem, it logs the error to the log file you specify. But if you do not specify a log file, or the error occurs before the log file is opened, a record of the error is placed in a file called CATASTROPH- IC_DELIVERY_FAILURE in the home directory. If that fails, the error information is printed to the standard output in the hopes that it will be part of a bounce message. In all cases, the exit code 75 is returned, which tells the MTA to re-try the delivery again. AUTHOR
rdeliver and RFilter support classes were written by Matt Armstrong <matt@lickey.com>. This document was originally an RD format document of rdeliver script. This manual page was converted from it for Debian GNU/Linux system. September 2003 rdeliver(1)