Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Kernel Modules Not geting built Post 302593737 by fpmurphy on Saturday 28th of January 2012 11:34:11 AM
Old 01-28-2012
This should help you: Kernel compilation error

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

How do I load kernel modules so BestCrypt will work

I'm using SuSE 9.2 Pro and trying to use a program call BestCrypt. I get it installed and type bctool and it says "Kernel modules not loaded". If you need to know anymore about it you can find it at http://www.jetico.com/linux/bcrypt-help/index.htm linux:/home/chris/Desktop/Xtheater-0.9.2 #... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: CTroxtell21
6 Replies

2. HP-UX

Information about kernel modules

Hi all, what do kernel modules libaudit, klog and strlog do? Specifically I want to determine if it was possible for us to determine if kernel level auditing is enabled at all? regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: slash_blog
0 Replies

3. Gentoo

Which GCC Built My Kernel?

I'm playing around with the kqemu accelerator for the QEMU virtualization software. I can't remember which version of gcc I used to build my kernel. I have 3.4.6 and 4.1.1 on this (Gentoo) system. I seem to remember there is some command I can run against binaries that will tell me what gcc (and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
5 Replies

4. Programming

Debugging Linux Kernel Modules

I am aware of debugging linux applications using gdb and ddd. Now I have written a simple kernel module having init_module, exit _module and some functions for tasklets and workqueues. I want to debug these kernel modules like I used to debug applications setting breakpoints etc. How can I debug... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Linux: passing parameters to kernel modules

Hi, I need to set qlogic qla2xxx parameters in /etc/modprobe.conf (Oracle Linux Server release 5.7, almost equal to RedHat 5.7) two questions: how can I pass this parameters to the module while it is loaded (fibre channel luns are in use), if possible at all and how can I check the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux kernel modules makefiles doubts

This query is regarding the makefiles of linux kernel modules. I saw at some sites on net it is suggesting to include the following path: KERNEL_SOURCE := /usr/src/linux... while at some places it is askibg to include /lib/modules path: KERNEL_SOURCE := /lib/modules/2.6.27-7-generic/build... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
0 Replies

7. Hardware

Linux Kernel Modules

Hey everyone. I have a question, doing an lsmod gives me a list of all the loaded modules for my system. But how did they know to load? my /etc/modules files is empty, so how did these modules know to load themselves on boot time? If I were to take this hard drive to another computer with a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
6 Replies

8. Linux

Disable loading kernel modules

Hi, I am running CentOS 6.5 and I want to remove auto loading 8021q and garp modules, but there are no configure files in /etc/modprobe.d define bot modules. I even added both module names to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf, both of them are still loaded after the reboot. How can I disable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Missing Modules After Compiling Kernel

I'm a little embarrassed after all these years I've never really successfully compiled my own kernel. I used this guide to make the following files: linux-headers-5.1.9_5.1.9-1_amd64.deb linux-image-5.1.9_5.1.9-1_amd64.deb linux-libc-dev_5.1.9-1_amd64.deb When I first booted into this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
4 Replies
depmod.conf(5)							File Formats Manual						    depmod.conf(5)

NAME
depmod.conf, depmod.ddepmod.d -- Configuration file/directory for depmod DESCRIPTION
The order in which modules are processed by the depmod command can be altered on a global or per-module basis. This is typically useful in cases where built-in kernel modules are complemented by custom built versions of the same and the user wishes to affect the priority of processing in order to override the module version supplied by the kernel. The format of depmod.conf and files under depmod.d is simple: one command per line, with blank lines and lines starting with '#' ignored (useful for adding comments). A '' at the end of a line causes it to continue on the next line, which makes the file a bit neater. COMMANDS
search subdirectory... This allows you to specify the order in which /lib/modules (or other configured module location) subdirectories will be processed by depmod. Directories are listed in order, with the highest priority given to the first listed directory and the lowest priority given to the last directory listed. The special keyword built-in refers to the standard module directories installed by the ker- nel. By default, depmod will give a higher priority to a directory with the name updates using this built-in search string: "updates built-in" but more complex arrangements are possible and are used in several popular distributions. override modulename kernelversion modulesubdirectory This command allows you to override which version of a specific module will be used when more than one module sharing the same name is processed by the depmod command. It is possible to specify one kernel or all kernels using the * wildcard. modulesubdi- rectory is the name of the subdirectory under /lib/modules (or other module location) where the target module is installed. For example, it is possible to override the priority of an updated test module called kmod by specifying the following command: "override kmod * extra". This will ensure that any matching module name installed under the extra subdirectory within /lib/mod- ules (or other module location) will take priority over any likenamed module already provided by the kernel. COPYRIGHT
This manual page Copyright 2006-2010, Jon Masters, Red Hat, Inc. SEE ALSO
depmod(8) depmod.conf(5)