Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Why does my test fail ??
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Why does my test fail ?? Post 302593629 by Corona688 on Friday 27th of January 2012 03:24:46 PM
Old 01-27-2012
By copy-pasting it into a web browser you've put it through many layers of translation. I doubt the problem would exist if I used the text from your post.

By attach, I mean attach. As a file attachment.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

cdrom test fail

Hi I have a problem in installing solaris 9 in a ULTRA Enterprise 2 machine. The cdrom does not keep the cd in. When I put the installtion cd 1 and close the tray, I can see the led blinks three times and then the tray comes out. I borrowed a set of installtion cd s from one of my friends (they... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: enke1234
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prefixing test case methods with letter 'test'

Hi, I have a Python unit test cases source code file which contains more than a hundred test case methods. In that, some of the test case methods already have prefix 'test' where as some of them do not have. Now, I need to add the string 'test' (case-sensitive) as a prefix to those of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Untar fail

Hi Team, I have a file named as follows: aaa.tar.gz Now I need to verify if the untar fails, then the script has to send a mail. In order to check this condition, I need a tar.gz file which is unable to untar it. Can anyone help me to create a file which I will be able to unzip successfully... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
2 Replies

6. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Fail to register

After inputted all required fields in registration page, the below message is shown and cannot go on. A required field called Custom Date & Time Formats is missing or has an invalid value. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
2 Replies
ICONV(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  ICONV(1)

NAME
iconv -- codeset conversion utility SYNOPSIS
iconv [-cs] -f from_name -t to_name [file ...] iconv -f from_name [-cs] [-t to_name] [file ...] iconv -t to_name [-cs] [-f from_name] [file ...] iconv -l DESCRIPTION
The iconv utility converts the codeset of file (or from standard input if no file is specified) from codeset from_name to codeset to_name and outputs the converted text on standard output. The following options are available: -c Prevent output of any invalid characters. By default, iconv outputs an ``invalid character'' specified by the to_name codeset when it encounts a character which is valid in the from_name codeset but does not have a corresponding character in the to_name codeset. -f Specifies the source codeset name as from_name. -l Lists available codeset names. Note that not all combinations of from_name and to_name are valid. -s Silent. By default, iconv outputs the number of ``invalid characters'' to standard error if they exist. This option prevents this be- haviour. -t Specifies the destination codeset name as to_name. EXIT STATUS
The iconv utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
mkcsmapper(1), mkesdb(1), iconv(3) STANDARDS
iconv conform to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
iconv first appeared in NetBSD 2.0, and made its appearance in FreeBSD 9.0. BSD
October 22, 2009 BSD