Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Why does my test fail ??
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Why does my test fail ?? Post 302593627 by Corona688 on Friday 27th of January 2012 03:14:51 PM
Old 01-27-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by patx
Yeah good point, i used read LINE < info.txt but i had problems with trailing line return to be included into the variable
Had problems with it being included, or without it being included?

If it was being included, you had a strange value of IFS being set. If it wasn't set and you didn't need one, I'm not sure why you'd need one.

Could you attach the text file itself, or at least the first 2 lines of it?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

cdrom test fail

Hi I have a problem in installing solaris 9 in a ULTRA Enterprise 2 machine. The cdrom does not keep the cd in. When I put the installtion cd 1 and close the tray, I can see the led blinks three times and then the tray comes out. I borrowed a set of installtion cd s from one of my friends (they... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: enke1234
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prefixing test case methods with letter 'test'

Hi, I have a Python unit test cases source code file which contains more than a hundred test case methods. In that, some of the test case methods already have prefix 'test' where as some of them do not have. Now, I need to add the string 'test' (case-sensitive) as a prefix to those of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Untar fail

Hi Team, I have a file named as follows: aaa.tar.gz Now I need to verify if the untar fails, then the script has to send a mail. In order to check this condition, I need a tar.gz file which is unable to untar it. Can anyone help me to create a file which I will be able to unzip successfully... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
2 Replies

6. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Fail to register

After inputted all required fields in registration page, the below message is shown and cannot go on. A required field called Custom Date & Time Formats is missing or has an invalid value. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
2 Replies
ICONV(1)							 Debian GNU/Linux							  ICONV(1)

NAME
iconv - Convert encoding of given files from one encoding to another SYNOPSIS
iconv -f encoding [-t encoding] [inputfile]... DESCRIPTION
The iconv program converts the encoding of characters in inputfile, or from the standard input if no filename is specified, from one coded character set to another. The result is written to standard output unless otherwise specified by the --output option. --from-code, -f encoding Convert characters from encoding. --to-code, -t encoding Convert characters to encoding. If not specified the encoding corresponding to the current locale is used. --list, -l List known coded character sets. -c Omit invalid characters from output. --output, -o file Specify output file (instead of stdout). --silent, -s Suppress warnings, but not errors. --verbose Print progress information. --help, -? Give help list. --usage Give a short usage message. --version, -V Print program version. ENCODINGS
The values permitted for --from-code and --to-code can be listed by the iconv --list command, and all combinations of the listed values are supported. Furthermore the following two suffixes are supported: //TRANSLIT When the string "//TRANSLIT" is appended to --to-code, transliteration is activated. This means that when a character cannot be represented in the target character set, it can be approximated through one or several similarly looking characters. //IGNORE When the string "//IGNORE" is appended to --to-code, characters that cannot be represented in the target character set will be silently discarded. AUTHOR
iconv was written by Ulrich Drepper as part of the GNU C Library. This man page was written by Joel Klecker <espy@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system. 3rd Berkeley Distribution lenny ICONV(1)