Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Maintaining file currency
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Maintaining file currency Post 302593511 by methyl on Friday 27th of January 2012 06:07:56 AM
Old 01-27-2012
We need to know a lot more about the environment (Operating Systems, Shell etc.) and the process.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Currency Conversion

How can I use awk command to convert values to currency. For example I have a database like follows John:200 smith:300 kim:405 and want it to out put like this John $200.00 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3junior
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Maintaining HOURLY backups

I have a system where i take hourly back-ups of the system.The script for maintaining full backup for the last 5 days is find /backup/server -type f -mtime +4 -exec rm -f {} \; works fine for keeping the files of some 5 days old. In the case of hourly backups.How do we write to keep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi55055
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format Money/Currency (U.S.)

I have looked everywhere. Does bash have a money/currency format for output? Do I have to use awk or printf? Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ccccc
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

Copy certain file types recursively while maintaining file structure on destination?

Hi guys, I have just been bothered by a fairly small issue for some time now. I am trying to search (using find -name) for some .jpg files recursively. This is a Redhat environment with bash. I get this job done though I need to copy ALL of them and put them in a separate folder BUT I also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rockf1bull
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH file redirection is not maintaining format

Hi, I'm running a script which would ssh to various ssh-trust enabled servers and get a list of packages installed. The output of this command would be redirected to a file ssh -q $i 'rpm -qa --queryformat '%{NAME}\t\t,%{ARCH}\t\t,%{VERSION}-%{RELEASE}\t\t,%{INSTALLTIME:date}\n'|sed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printf statement for currency conversion

hi all, I had my script as a=qw b=rter c=fdfd curency=1000 printf"${curency} $a $b $c" > filename can i have printf statement that can change the currency from 1000 to 1,000 like it should convert the number to currency format ..?(i.e for any number) (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maintaining file structure

Hi guys, I am trying to store some output in a file and then compare it to another file. I am gathering information from 2 commands: cat /opt/jbin/server.log.tmp > A grep "ephemeral" /opt/jbin/log/server.log.2015-05-02-18 > B The contents of both file are the same. This means if I do a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
3 Replies
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Remote(3pm)		 Perl Programmers Reference Guide	    CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Remote(3pm)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Remote - connect to a remote CPANPLUS SYNOPSIS
CPAN Terminal> /connect localhost 1337 --user=foo --pass=bar ... CPAN Terminal@localhost> /disconnect DESCRIPTION
This is a "CPANPLUS::Shell::Default" plugin that allows you to connect to a machine running an instance of "CPANPLUS::Daemon", allowing remote usage of the "CPANPLUS Shell". A sample session, updating all modules on a remote machine, might look like this: CPAN Terminal> /connect --user=my_user --pass=secret localhost 1337 Connection accepted Successfully connected to 'localhost' on port '11337' Note that no output will appear until a command has completed -- this may take a while CPAN Terminal@localhost> o; i * [....] CPAN Terminal@localhost> /disconnect CPAN Terminal> BUG REPORTS
Please report bugs or other issues to <bug-cpanplus@rt.cpan.org<gt>. AUTHOR
This module by Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
The CPAN++ interface (of which this module is a part of) is copyright (c) 2001 - 2007, Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you may redistribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default, CPANPLUS::Shell, cpanp perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Remote(3pm)