Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Replace sting in a file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace sting in a file Post 302593506 by balajesuri on Friday 27th of January 2012 05:30:53 AM
Old 01-27-2012
Its enough if you escape the square brackets.
Code:
sed 's:<!\[\[CDATA::g' filename.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Verifying sting format in bash

Hello, This one has me stumped, although I suspect it might be easy. I have a file and need to split the entries into two varaibles. The format for a positive is 'AANNNN' where A is alpha and N is numeric. Thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting value from a sting using perl

Hi Experts, I want to extract the value of SESSIONID AND USERID from the this string using perl. XML Request },&quot;USER_PREF&quot;:{&quot;sys_lang&quot;:&quot;en-us&quot;,&quot;timezone&quot;:&quot;480&quot;,&quot;user_lang&quot;:&quot;en-us&quot;}}}</DEVICESIG></POLICYREQ>] The answer should be SessionID=1:3133050 and USERID=01451651 Please advise how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign a sting to a name?

i want to assign a anme for a string, i got the things below, but it doesn't work. MParc1=`` if then $MPrac1=`Prac1` # assign $MPrac1 to Prac1 else $MPrac1=`` #assigne $MPrac1 to nothing fi echo "${MPrac1} >>file Output: (if num is 0) Prac1 can you please... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mingming88
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

if 4th and 5th character of sting -ge 45 then add 1 to 3rd character

I want to know how to, given a string like W87151WR71C, if the 4th and 5th character (in this case 15) are greater than 45, then to add 1 to the 3rd character (in this case 7) and assign the revised string the variable name MODSTRING. Thanks in advance. This is ultimately to grab info from... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
6 Replies

5. Programming

Java sting up path problem

Hi java programmers I'm a newbee to the Java. Could please help me to set the path correctly. I'm getting the following error. ----jGRASP exec: javac -g C:\Documents and Settings\bogugk\Desktop\HelloWorldApp.java ----jGRASP wedge2 error: command "javac" not found. ---- This command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: repinementer
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep sting (*) ?

Hi all, I am trying to grep something from log file. For example. i need to grep sting = "*834*1" My LOG 2010-05-05 09:27:57,649|3|ABCD834|192.168.38.72|2365|444850623031|0|8|-|0|*834*1*1499413*00853662524#|470540.7219101273026475158 2010-05-05... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting a string in another sting

Hi Experts, I need to insert a sting into another string at a specified position. Like the below. Regards, Tin-Tin (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinufarid
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace a string in group of sting

Hi, 1. I want to remove the line which contains "SUBPARTITION", but the condition is if line has ends with ")," replace with , else delete the line I was trying with the sed command i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavemani
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to search for sting in lines and then email.

I'm trying to use awk in a script to search for a string number in a plist file. basically its a plist that records the bandwidth usage, and if the number is greater than 3GB which is equals 3221225472 bytes, it will send me an alert by email. here is the file: =<?xml version="1.0"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivaldiz
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Avoid overwriting backup file when multiple entries need to replace in one file input from another

Hello, I have been working on script in which search and replace the multiple pattern. 1. update_params.sh read the multiple pattern from input file ParamMapping.txt(old_entry|New_entry) and passing this values one by one to change_text.sh 2. change_text.sh read... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
0 Replies
STR_REPLACE(3)								 1							    STR_REPLACE(3)

str_replace - Replace all occurrences of the search string with the replacement string

SYNOPSIS
mixed str_replace (mixed $search, mixed $replace, mixed $subject, [int &$count]) DESCRIPTION
This function returns a string or an array with all occurrences of $search in $subject replaced with the given $replace value. If you don't need fancy replacing rules (like regular expressions), you should always use this function instead of preg_replace(3). PARAMETERS
If $search and $replace are arrays, then str_replace(3) takes a value from each array and uses them to search and replace on $subject. If $replace has fewer values than $search, then an empty string is used for the rest of replacement values. If $search is an array and $replace is a string, then this replacement string is used for every value of $search. The converse would not make sense, though. If $search or $replace are arrays, their elements are processed first to last. o $search - The value being searched for, otherwise known as the needle. An array may be used to designate multiple needles. o $replace - The replacement value that replaces found $search values. An array may be used to designate multiple replacements. o $subject - The string or array being searched and replaced on, otherwise known as the haystack. If $subject is an array, then the search and replace is performed with every entry of $subject, and the return value is an array as well. o $count - If passed, this will be set to the number of replacements performed. RETURN VALUES
This function returns a string or an array with the replaced values. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Basic str_replace(3) examples <?php // Provides: <body text='black'> $bodytag = str_replace("%body%", "black", "<body text='%body%'>"); // Provides: Hll Wrld f PHP $vowels = array("a", "e", "i", "o", "u", "A", "E", "I", "O", "U"); $onlyconsonants = str_replace($vowels, "", "Hello World of PHP"); // Provides: You should eat pizza, beer, and ice cream every day $phrase = "You should eat fruits, vegetables, and fiber every day."; $healthy = array("fruits", "vegetables", "fiber"); $yummy = array("pizza", "beer", "ice cream"); $newphrase = str_replace($healthy, $yummy, $phrase); // Provides: 2 $str = str_replace("ll", "", "good golly miss molly!", $count); echo $count; ?> Example #2 Examples of potential str_replace(3) gotchas <?php // Order of replacement $str = "Line 1 Line 2 Line 3 Line 4 "; $order = array(" ", " ", " "); $replace = '<br />'; // Processes 's first so they aren't converted twice. $newstr = str_replace($order, $replace, $str); // Outputs F because A is replaced with B, then B is replaced with C, and so on... // Finally E is replaced with F, because of left to right replacements. $search = array('A', 'B', 'C', 'D', 'E'); $replace = array('B', 'C', 'D', 'E', 'F'); $subject = 'A'; echo str_replace($search, $replace, $subject); // Outputs: apearpearle pear // For the same reason mentioned above $letters = array('a', 'p'); $fruit = array('apple', 'pear'); $text = 'a p'; $output = str_replace($letters, $fruit, $text); echo $output; ?> NOTES
Note This function is binary-safe. Caution Replacement order gotcha Because str_replace(3) replaces left to right, it might replace a previously inserted value when doing multiple replacements. See also the examples in this document. Note This function is case-sensitive. Use str_ireplace(3) for case-insensitive replace. SEE ALSO
str_ireplace(3), substr_replace(3), preg_replace(3), strtr(3). PHP Documentation Group STR_REPLACE(3)