Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: greater than a certain value
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting greater than a certain value Post 302593454 by parthmittal2007 on Friday 27th of January 2012 12:56:25 AM
Old 01-27-2012
hi rdcwayz:
can you please explain the bold section in your logic
Code:
awk '$3 > 70 {system ("> flag.txt")} ' my_output.txt

Thanks

Last edited by Franklin52; 01-28-2012 at 04:22 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags for code and data samples, thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Greater Than

Hello every one! I need a little help. I would like to know if there is someway I can use a "greater than" condition in a shell script. #!/usr/bin/sh _curTime=`date +%H%M` if && then echo "$_curTime" fi I know that "<" and ">" is to input and output to a file I just wanted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lem2003
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

greater than less than in case

Hi , I want to do the following: i=6 case $i in -lt 10) echo Period=10 ;; -gt 10 && -lt 15) echo Period-15 ;; >15 && <20) echo Period=20 ;; >20 && <30) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sars
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK greater than?

Sorry for such a basic question, but I have spent hours trying to work this out! I need an awk command (or similar) that will look at a text file and output to the screen if the 4th column of each line has a value greater than or equal to x. data.txt This is the 1 line This is the 2 line This... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlam
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print lines which are greater than

I have a file which has a list of titles and then 14 lines afterwards. I need to find the 1 through 14 lines which are greater than 15k and print the title and the line which matched. Sample before: ABC.CDE.NORTH.NET 1:18427 2:302 3:15559 4:105 5:5 6:2 7:2 8:2 9:4 10:2 11:17 12:2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: numele
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Greater Than Or Equal To

BASH problem with IS GREATER THAN OR EQUAL TO. I have tried a dozen variations for this IF statement to work with IS GREATER THAN OR EQUAL TO. My code below WORKS. array=( $( /usr/bin/sar -q 1 30 |grep Average |awk '{print $2,$3}' ) ) nthreads="${array}" avproc="${array}" if && ; then ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: diex
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find greater than value

Hi I want to find greater than and min value. dategrep() { varlinenum=$1 varSESSTRANS_CL="$(egrep -n "<\/SESSTRANSFORMATIONINST>" tmpsess9580.txt | cut -d":" -f1)" echo $varSESSTRANS_CL } dategrep 8 Output of the above command is: I want to find out greater than 8 and... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search for numbers greater than x?

I have a file with multiple fields, example below File 1: Field 1|Field 2|Field 3|Field 4|Field 5|Field 6|Field 7|100 Field 1|Field 2|Field 3|Field 4|Field 5|Field 6|Field 7|101 Field 1|Field 2|Field 3|Field 4|Field 5|Field 6|Field 7|102 Field 1|Field 2|Field 3|Field 4|Field 5|Field... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: castrojc
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to get values greater than

data.txt August 09 17:16 2013 August 09 17:17 2013 August 09 17:19 2013 August 09 17:20 2013 August 09 17:21 2013 August 09 17:22 2013 August 09 17:23 2013 August 09 17:24 2013 to print from a point in this file, to the end of the file, i type: awk '/August 09 17:22/,0' data.txt. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and substitute if greater than.

I have large config-files for an application. The lines have different structure, but some of them contains the parameter 'TIMEOUT=x', where x is an numeric value. I want to change the value for that specific paramater if the value is greater than a specific value (got that?). The timeout-parameter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: useless
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Greater than specific number

please let me know how to construct if then else by comparing two numbers if it is greater than 10000. I need to do some specific task executed. can you help me out in shell scripting plz. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)