Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers tcsh: how to prevent a foreach from terminating a script when the result is null? Post 302593428 by itkamaraj on Thursday 26th of January 2012 11:20:53 PM
Old 01-27-2012
Code:

for i in *.tif
do
    mv $i /tmp/$i
done

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

terminating script with CTRL+D

Hi, I'm trying to make a script that reads the console input and terminates with CTRL+D. It's absolutely basic but I don't know how to "read" the CTRL+D. I've tried a bunch of things like EOT=^D while //with & without quotations do read input echo $input done while while ] ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanchopansa
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Terminating child script with terminating the parent script

Hi I was working on a shell script with randomly shows a page of text from a randomly selected topic .As soon as the page is displayed it callers a timer script which keeps on running indefinitely until the timer script is killed by the user. This is where I have the problem,if I press... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mervin2006
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script unexpectedly terminating

I now that this isnt the greatest code around. Im a network guy by trade not a programer .. but needed something to compare config files ... Anyway ... intermittently, the program terminates. Ive been looking at the code for a week trying to figure it out and Im stumped. Can anyone provide... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple tcsh question using foreach

I want to search line-by-line for a string in a file, and I want to do this to a series of files in a directory. I'm doing this in tcsh This works fine to do the search: while read i; do grep $i file2; done <file1.txt This also works fine to read a directory: foreach file ('/bin/ls... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moldoverb
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i terminating expect script without terminating SSH connection.

Hi all , i know i ask a lot of question but these are really hard to solve and important question. I send two scripts: expect.sh: #!/usr/local/bin/expect spawn ssh root@172.30.64.163 expect "login:" send "root\n" expect "password:" send "root\n^M" interact and son.sh: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fozay
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

prevent ssh from executing result in shell

Hi, I am writing a script on Solaris 10 and want to execute a remote ssh command. Normally this command should just return the value 0000000000002356 but when using ssh it seems it is passing the result to the shell to execute. ssh root@10.5.112.145 `/usr/bin/nawk -F\, '$1=="USG" && $2=="01"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

for / foreach syntax issues (in bash or tcsh)

So I am new to unix, and actually anything outside drag and drop with the mouse (been learning for about a week so far) . I have been using the foreach command in tcsh because I am working on a group of files. Basically what I need is to insert part of the filename as the first line in the file.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepolypore
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

why the script is not terminating with proper results

Hi everyone, I am new to the linux.I wrote a small script and assigning two values to fname and lname and I want if the fname or lname are not given proper name like Toys or Gun the script should terminate and if they are given proper name it should execute.please help thanks:wall: #!/bin/bash... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: starter2011
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get following result using foreach command?

Dear all, For example, if data contains following numbers:1 2 3 4 5 6 I would like get like below using foreach command,1 2 1 3 1 4 1 5 1 6 2 3 2 4 2 5 2 6 3 4 3 5 3 6 4 5 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ryan Kim
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)