Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix System Programmer Vs. Unix System Administrator Post 302593357 by orange47 on Thursday 26th of January 2012 03:08:13 PM
Old 01-26-2012
hm, I'd go with 'Unix System Programming'. because Programmer, in theory, can do all that Administrator can and more.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between UNIX operating system and Unix Open Server

Hi, I recently joined this forum and new to UNIX. Is there any difference between UNIX operating system and UNIX open server? Please explain. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Manjit
1 Replies

2. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Good tips to Unix System Administrator

A list with sites that have a good tips to Unix System Administrator : www.samag.com www-1.ibm.com/servers/aix/products/aixos/whitepapers/aixmapping.html www.science.uva.nl/pub/solaris/solaris2/index.html www.spec.org Witt (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: witt
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting a Windows system to a UNIX system

Hello I am looking for advise on how to convert a windows based computer system into a UNIX based operating system.. I would like to be able to learn UNIX better than I know it and work didn't allow me to work with UNIX much. Is there a book where I could learn how to accomplish that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: baksg1995
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix/Linux System Administrator - Study Advice

Hello all, I really hope that this is the right Forum to post this kind of a question... I have been working in the IT support industry for nearly 3 years now. I started of providing end-user support. So enough to say that I provided my fair share of "have you tried turning it off and on"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kalignas
1 Replies

5. Programming

Linux/Solaris System Administrator to become a Linux/Solaris System Programmer?

Hi all What is the qualification required by Linux/Solaris System Administrator to become a Linux/Solaris System Programmer as to gain complete knowledge on computers. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tlogine
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error UNIX: UNIX SCO release 5.05 system does not boot

UNIX sco release 5.05 system does not boot:cannot open device hd(40)/boot stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd(40)/bootWhat to do? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joaoalpande
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Migrating jobs from COBOL Mainframe system to UNIX system

In a nutshell requirement is to migrate the system from mainframe environment to UNIX environment (MF cobol would be used I guess). I have not much of idea in this field. I need to do some investigation on following points - - Ease of conversion - Known Data compatibility issue - Issue in... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tjsureboy4me
9 Replies
Alt-Ergo(1)						      General Commands Manual						       Alt-Ergo(1)

NAME
Alt-Ergo - An automatic theorem prover dedicated to program verification SYNOPSIS
alt-ergo [ options ] files DESCRIPTION
Alt-Ergo is an automatic theorem prover. It takes as inputs an arbitrary polymorphic and multi-sorted first-order formula written is the Why's syntax. OPTIONS
-h Help. Will give you the full list of command line options. A theory of functional arrays with integer indexes . This theory provides a built-in type ('a,'b) farray and a built-in syntax for manipulating arrays. For instance, given an abstract datatype tau and a functional array t of type (int, tau) farray declared as follows: type tau logic t : (int, tau) farray The expressions: t[i] denotes the value stored in t at index i t[i1<-v1,...,in<-vn] denotes an array which stores the same values as t for every index except possibly i1,...,in, where it stores value v1,...,vn. This expression is equivalent to ((t[i1<-v1])[i2<-v2])...[in<-vn]. Examples. t[0<-v][1<-w] t[0<-v, 1<-w] t[0<-v, 1<-w][1] A theory of enumeration types. For instance an enumeration type t with constructors A, B, C is defined as follows : type t = A | B | C Which means that all values of type t are equal to either A, B or C. And that all these constructors are distinct. A theory of polymorphic records. For instance a polymorphic record type 'a t with two labels a and b of type 'a and int respectively is defined as follows: type 'a t = { a : 'a; b : int } The expressions { a = 4; b = 5 } and { r with b = 3} denote records, while the dot notation r.a is used to access to labels. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
ERGOLIB Alternative path for the Alt-Ergo library AUTHORS
Sylvain Conchon <conchon@lri.fr> and Evelyne Contejean <contejea@lri.fr> SEE ALSO
Alt-Ergo web site: http://alt-ergo.lri.fr October, 2006 Alt-Ergo(1)