Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Converting CSV to ascii format Post 302593336 by Johanni on Thursday 26th of January 2012 01:42:45 PM
Old 01-26-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
I think you meant bytes, not bits Smilie

Code:
awk -F, '{printf("%8s%16s%16s%16s\n",$1,$2,$3,$4) }' file

tnx,

should I use it like this?

Code:
awk -F, '{printf("%8s%16s%16s%16s\n",$1,$2,$3,$4) }' input > output

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

converting hex to ascii

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone knows how to change hex code back into ascii. when i process a form: " / " turn to " %2F " " @ " turns to " %40 " " ' " turns to " %27 " " ( " turns to " %28 " " ) " turns to " %29 " this is my code so far: order.txt thanks, primal p.s.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: primal
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

converting Opentype to ASCII (for groff)

I'm trying to convert different versions of helvetica neue from Opentype to ascii so that groff can use them in conjunction with VI (I believe everything is printed to postscript after). Ultimately i need to be able to use these specific helvetica fonts in VI, but in order to do this i must convert... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abby
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Converting ASCII to Binary mode

Dear All, Business Users are transfering ( FTP ) a CSV file into the IBM AIX box with transfer mode as ASCII. But I want to convert the CSV file from ASCII mode into binary mode, as my script expects file in binary mode. Is it possible to do through Unix commands? Thanks in Advance, RK (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srajeshmca
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting text to csv format

I am trying to check each line and based on first two digits, the comma needs to be place. I checked in the earlier post where the text is converted to csv with a tab delimited. Here is the test file that needs to be changed to csv 11 051701 22 051701 330123405170105170112345... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gthokala
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting config file to csv format

Hello, For 2 days now i've been searching for a solution to this. I am now beginning to doubt this is even possible. It's even harder when you don't know how to search for it. (which keywords generate enough relevancy etc..) I need to parse a config file to generate a CSV file in return. It... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zer0dvide
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To convert multi format file to a readable ascii format

Hi I have a file which has ascii , binary, binary decimal coded,decimal & hexadecimal data with lot of special characters (like öƒ.ƒ.„İİ¡Š·œƒ.„İİ¡Š· ) in it. I want to standardize the file into ASCII format & later use that as source . Can any one suggest a way a logic to convert such... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cutting two colums and converting them to ascii (.txt) format

Hello Gurus, I have a file in which two columns contains binary data i want to cut those two binary columns convert them to ascii and process the file. i tried using cut command..i am able to cut but how can i convert them from binary to ascii and paste them in their original position. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mora
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting hex to ascii/decimal

I am writing a bash script to do some parsing on a log and I am running into a problem when it comes to converting only certain sections of the file from hex to ascii or hex to decimal. Data Example: The hex values after Hardware and SW Version I need to convert from Hex to ASCII and the... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiftkey
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format problem while converting text file to csv

Hi , I need a help in following scenario.I tried searching in google but couldn't able to find the exact answer. Sorry if i am re-posting already answered query. While i am trying to convert into log file into csv i couldn't able to get the format which i am looking for. I converted file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varmas424
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting csv to html format

Below is the code I have - How can I convert the data in the csv into 3 tables in html. instead of 1 table. Attached is the format I am getting. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: archana25
1 Replies
dump(4) 						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							   dump(4)

NAME
dumprestor, dumpdates - Incremental dump format SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <ufs/inode.h> DESCRIPTION
Tapes used by dump and restore contain: The format of the header record and of the first record of each description as given in the include file <dumprestor.h> is: #define NTREC 10 #define TS_TAPE 1 #define TS_INODE 2 #define TS_BITS 3 #define TS_ADDR 4 #define TS_END 5 #define TS_CLRI 6 #define NFS_MAGIC (int) 60012 #define CHECKSUM (int) 84446 #define TP_BSIZE 1024 #define TP_NINDIR (TP_BSIZE/2) #define LBLSIZE 16 #define NAMELEN 64 struct s_spcl { long c_type; time_t c_date; time_t c_ddate; long c_volume; daddr_t c_tapea; ino_t c_inumber; long c_magic; long c_checksum; struct dinode c_dinode; long c_count; char c_addr[TP_NINDIR]; char c_label[LBLSIZE]; long c_level; char c_filesys[NAMELEN]; char c_dev[NAMELEN]; char c_host[NAMELEN]; long c_flags; } s_spcl; struct idates { char id_name[NAME_MAX + 3]; char id_incno; time_t id_ddate; }; #define DUMPOUTFMT "%-16s %c %s" /* for printf */ /* name, incno, ctime(date) */ #define DUMPINFMT "%16s %c %[^00 /* inverse for scanf */ NTREC is the number of TP_BSIZE-byte records in a physical tape block. The TS_ entries are used in the c_type field to indicate what sort of header this is. The types and their meanings are as follows: Tape volume label. A file or directory follows. The c_dinode field is a copy of the disk inode and contains bits telling what sort of file this is. A bit map follows. This bit map has a one (1) bit for each inode that was dumped. A subrecord of a file description. See c_addr described in the next list. End of tape record. A bit map follows. This bit map contains a zero bit for all inodes that were empty on the file system when dumped. All header records have this number in c_magic. Header records checksum to this value. The fields of the header structure are as follows: The type of the header. The date of the dump. The date of the previous dump to the file system. The current volume number of the dump. The current number of this (1024-byte) record. The number of the inode being dumped if this is of type TS_INODE. This contains the value MAGIC above, truncated as needed. This contains whatever value is needed to make the record sum to CHECKSUM. This is a copy of the inode as it appears on the file system. For further information, see fs(4). The count of characters in c_addr. An array of characters describing the blocks of the dumped file. A character is zero if the block associated with that character was not present on the file system; otherwise the character is nonzero. If the block was not present on the file system, no block was dumped; the block will be restored as a hole in the file. If there is not sufficient space in this record to describe all of the blocks in a file, TS_ADDR records will be scattered through the file, each one picking up where the last left off. The label of the dump. The level number of the dump. The name of the file system. The name of the device. The name of the host. Additional information such as whether the dump uses the format tape header described here. Each volume except the last ends with a tapemark (read as an end of file). The last volume ends with a TS_END record and then the tape- mark. The structure idates describes an entry in the file /etc/dumpdates where dump history is kept. The fields of the structure are: The dumped filesystem is `/dev/?/id_nam' where ? indicates a device class subdirectory such as /dev/disk. The level number of the dump tape. For further information, see dump(8). The date of the incremental dump in system format. FILES
/etc/dumpdates RELATED INFORMATION
fs(4), dump(8), restore(8) delim off dump(4)