Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: command not found error
Operating Systems Linux command not found error Post 302593268 by rupeshkp728 on Thursday 26th of January 2012 10:25:35 AM
Old 01-26-2012
thanks dud for the reply.
For Mandriva its urpmi kernel-source

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error ^M not found while using read command

Hi guys, i have a script called readnametest.i had written like this # !/bin/ksh echo "enter your name please" read x; echo " your name is $x" i am getting an error like "readnametest.ksh: ^M: not found." while executing this one.Could any one please explain me on why this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raoscb
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

Command Not Found Error?

Hi, I am beginer to Linux. I have installed Redhat Linux AS 4.0 on my System.Later I created a User Oracle10g for Installing Oracle.Then I logged onto Oracle10g user and crated a Bash Profile and when I run that profile there was an error in that Profile. from then If I type any of Linux Command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: praswer
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command not found error!

Hello everyone, I am using Linux and tcsh shell. I am trying to run a free open source program( which is in the form of a binary file), but every time I run it it gives me an error saying: newhtsg_v1.0:Command not found. I have set permission also for the same. What else can I do to make... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command not found error

I have a program called abc installed in /usr/local/bin. My path is as follows: # echo $PATH /sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/bin However, when entering the abc command, the following error appears: # abc abc: Command not found When... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

command not found error

hello every time i run the following code for val in fileX fileY fileZ do $val=`ls -l $val | awk '{print $5}'` done i got error message command not found , i tried to add ' and " but nothing works its only worked wen remove $val= but i want the name of the file and the value ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogabr
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

BreakPoint Command Not found error

I have Suse linux-2.6.31.5-0.1. When I try to set breakpoint in application or kernel modules it gives me command not found error. For instance when I typed the command b xyz.c:47 it gives me an error: "If 'b' is not a typo you can use command-not-found lookup the package that contains... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

while loop error. (command not found)

can any1 please tell me what is problem with following code: i=1; cat test| while read CMD; do Var$i=$CMD; or Var$i=$(echo $CMD) ; let i++ doneI keep getting error : line 4: Var1=sometext: command not found (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashif.live
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command not found error

$ cat nu who | wc -l $ ls -l nu -rwxr-x--- 1 _ _ 11 Jul 30 12:37 nu //the nu is displayed in green color $ nu bash: nu: command not found I am using a book from 1986 on Unix System V, Release 3, and the Unix system I am connecting to is from my college. Below is the notes from the book:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chip
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command not found error 'then'

Could you let me know if my path is having bourne bash echo $PATH /u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home/oracle/bin $ which bash /bin/bash $ which ls alias ls='ls --color=tty' /bin/ls Below is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csguna6
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error : command not found

Hi , I am an Oracle developer. trying to write a shell script to compile all the forms that are modified in last 1 hour. Script Body cat cmp.sh for f in `find ./*fmb* -mmin -60`; do "`frmcmp_batch.sh userid=ba/ba@testdb batch=yes module=$f module_type=form compile_all=yes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: imrandec85
2 Replies
MKFS.MINIX(8)						Linux System Administrator's Manual					     MKFS.MINIX(8)

NAME
mkfs.minix - make a Linux MINIX filesystem SYNOPSIS
mkfs.minix [-c|-l filename] [-n namelength] [-i inodecount] [-v] device [size-in-blocks] DESCRIPTION
mkfs.minix creates a Linux MINIX file-system on a device (usually a disk partition). The device is usually of the following form: /dev/hda[1-8] (IDE disk 1) /dev/hdb[1-8] (IDE disk 2) /dev/sda[1-8] (SCSI disk 1) /dev/sdb[1-8] (SCSI disk 2) The size-in-blocks parameter is the desired size of the file system, in blocks. It is present only for backwards compatibility. If omit- ted the size will be determined automatically. Only block counts strictly greater than 10 and strictly less than 65536 are allowed. OPTIONS
-c Check the device for bad blocks before creating the file system. If any are found, the count is printed. -n namelength Specify the maximum length of filenames. Currently, the only allowable values are 14 and 30. The default is 30. Note that kernels older than 0.99p7 only accept namelength 14. -i inodecount Specify the number of inodes for the filesystem. -l filename Read the bad blocks list from filename. The file has one bad block number per line. The count of bad blocks read is printed. -v Make a Minix version 2 filesystem. EXIT CODES
The exit code returned by mkfs.minix is one of the following: 0 No errors 8 Operational error 16 Usage or syntax error SEE ALSO
mkfs(8), fsck(8), reboot(8) AVAILABILITY
The mkfs.minix command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. Util-linux 2.6 2 July 1996 MKFS.MINIX(8)