Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl open(CMD, "cmd |"); buffering problem.. Post 302593140 by Shawn, Lee on Wednesday 25th of January 2012 08:11:37 PM
Old 01-25-2012
Perl open(CMD, "cmd |"); buffering problem..

Hello,

There's a third-party application's command that shows the application's status like "tail -f verybusy.log". When use the command, the output comes every 1-sec. but when it goes in a script below the output comes every 8-sec...What is the problem and how can I fix it?

Code:
open(CMD, "/appbin/command |");
while(<CMD>){
        print;
}
close(CMD);

Thanks,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl "system" cmd return values..

perl 5.6.1: when i try a "system" command(with if loops for $?), i get this: child exited with value 1 what is meant by this $? values and what does it meant if it returns 1?.. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekar sundaram
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign shell var output of cmd "wc"

how do I feed output of "wc" to a shell script variable "countBcp"? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: devy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on use of "cmd" command in net::Telnet module in PERL

in "cmd" command i want to copy the ouput of the command excuted to a particular file in a directory. How to do this..?? Ex : $telnet->cmd(String => 'allip:acl=a1;',Prompt => '/</'); i want to copy o/p of the command "allip:acl=a1;" in a log file in a particular directory. Plz suggest.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhakaryadav
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing the output of cmd from "eval" to a variable

Hello, I need help with the eval command. I have been building a lengthy cmd using eval, and I need to create $var from the output of the cmd. Here is what I have. Out=/dfezz1/output.txt Node="'LPAR Info:'" Gr3p0=" |grep" Printc=" prtconf" Output1=" 1>>$Out 0>&1" Cat1="cat... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfezz1
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script with "chkconfig --list" cmd

Hi everybody; I try to code a script perl to list all services that are active "ON" with a chkconfig -- list the problem is that code list all services which are active or not. #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; open(FILE,"-|") || exec "chkconfig --list |grep ON";... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bassma
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cmd || echo "something" - doesn't exit uppon error

Hi guys, I have a shell script where I have the following: for i in ad0 ad1 do gpart create -s gpt $i || echo "Cannot create GPT partition on "$i". Exiting ..." gpart add -s 128 -t freebsd-boot $i || echo "Cannot add freebsd-boot partition on "$i". Exiting ..." gpart add -s 4G -t... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: da1
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help about "file" cmd

file /sbin/ifconfig.net-tools /sbin/ifconfig.net-tools: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.16, stripped Does someone know what's the "x86-64" how it get this? what's the 2.6.16, how it get this and in some... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using a single "find" cmd to search for multiple file types and output individual files

Hi All, I am new here but I have a scripting question that I can't seem to figure out with the "find" cmd. What I am trying to do is to only have to run a single find cmd parsing the directories and output the different file types to induvidual files and I have been running into problems.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swaters
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cmd="grep 'Name:' |awk -F' ' '{print $2}'"

Hi Is it possible to get the below code working.? cmd="grep 'Name:' |awk -F' ' '{print $2}'|xargs -i basename {}" echo $cmd ( rman target / <<EOF1 LIST COPY ; exit EOF1 ) | `$cmd` in nutshell I want to be able to preset cmd as depending on script flow it can be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zam
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect: spawn id exp5 not open while executing "expect "$" { send "sudo su -\r" }"

Hi All, i am trying to ssh to a remote machine and execute certain command to remote machine through script. i am able to ssh but after its getting hung at the promt and after pressing ctrl +d i am gettin the out put as expect: spawn id exp5 not open while executing "expect "$" {... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddharth shivh
3 Replies
SUP-CMD(1)						      General Commands Manual							SUP-CMD(1)

NAME
sup-cmd - connect to a running sup-server SYNOPSIS
sup-cmd [global options] command [options] DESCRIPTION
Connect to a running sup-server and execute command. Valid commands are: query count label add OPTIONS
--archive, -a Automatically archive all new messages from these sources. --unusual, -u Do not automatically poll these sources for new messages. --labels, -l label A comma-separated set of labels to apply to all messages from this source --force-new, -f Create a new account for this source, even if one already exists. --force-account, -o account Reuse previously defined account user@hostname --version, -v Print version and exit --help, -h Show help message SEE ALSO
sup-mail(1), sup-server(1) AUTHOR
Sup was written by William Morgan <wmorgan-sup@masanjin.net>. This manual page was written by Per Andersson <avtobiff@gmail.com> for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 9, 2012 SUP-CMD(1)