Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Block of code replacement in Java source code through Unix script Post 302593077 by hareeshram on Wednesday 25th of January 2012 02:46:05 PM
Old 01-25-2012
Block of code replacement in Java source code through Unix script

Hi,

I want to remove the following code from Source files (or replace the code with empty.) from all the source files in given directory.
Code:
finally {
			if (null != hibernateSession && hibernateSession.isOpen()) {
				//hibernateSession.close();
			}
		}

It would be great if the script has the following capability.

It should identify
a) finally block and its {
b) after that it should ignore { } combinations until it gets its closing }
for ex: in the above, inside finally , there is an if and it has { and } which are to be ignored.
3) and once it identified whole block, it has to be removed.

Many thanks for your help.

Last edited by Franklin52; 01-26-2012 at 03:42 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags for code and data samples, thank you

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

the source code of unix

tha ithela na moy peite an mporo apo kapoy na vro ton pigaio kvdika toy unix se glossa c .efxaristo. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: matsoyka
1 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Source Code Of Unix

Do you have the source code of UNIX? If yes, can you please send it to me on my email email address deleted For your this help I shall be obliged to you. With Regards rajesh ***phone removed*** (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajesh_ranjan26
1 Replies

3. Linux

how to get source code of Unix commands?

Can anyone tell me how/where to get the source code for the unix commands like "ls ,finger,cp....etc" commands . I have tried very hard but failed so far. Thanks JAGDISH MACHHI (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagdish.machhi@
4 Replies

4. Programming

Exception Signal 11 while running JAVA code in UNIX

Hi, when i compile my java code in UNIX using javac, the class file is getting created. But when i try to run the code using java - classpath command, i get the following error. ---------------------------------------- /u/up11/sample/request:>java -classpath /u/up11/sample/request... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish2712
0 Replies

5. Programming

I have C++ exe file( no source code) and need to run many large dataset under unix, b

I have C++ exe file( no source code) and need to run many large dataset under unix, but how to know the memeroy usage for one dataset?http://www.codeproject.com/script/Forums/Images/New.gif I think "top" is not good and if using the profiler, it seems no free download, any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Danielwang1986
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Source code for Unix commands

hi Folks!! Just got a question in mind.... Is it possible for us to read the c code of the commands in the bin directory? I work on a LINUX server and i only see executables in the bin directory which i obviously can't read. Please help me regarding this. Thanks in advance and wishing you a very... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bdiwakarteja
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can i get unix source code?

Sir please tell me where can i get source code for some unix kernal and shell also. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VIPUL15
1 Replies
try(3tcllib)					   Forward compatibility implementation of [try]				      try(3tcllib)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
try - try - Trap and process errors and exceptions SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.5 package require try ?1? ::try body ?handler...? ?finally script? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a forward-compatibility implementation of Tcl 8.6's try/finally command (TIP 329), for Tcl 8.5. The code was directly pulled from Tcl 8.6 revision ?, when try/finally was implemented as Tcl procedure instead of in C. ::try body ?handler...? ?finally script? This command executes the script body and, depending on what the outcome of that script is (normal exit, error, or some other excep- tional result), runs a handler script to deal with the case. Once that has all happened, if the finally clause is present, the script it includes will be run and the result of the handler (or the body if no handler matched) is allowed to continue to propa- gate. Note that the finally clause is processed even if an error occurs and irrespective of which, if any, handler is used. The handler clauses are each expressed as several words, and must have one of the following forms: on code variableList script This clause matches if the evaluation of body completed with the exception code code. The code may be expressed as an integer or one of the following literal words: ok, error, return, break, or continue. Those literals correspond to the integers 0 through 4 respectively. trap pattern variableList script This clause matches if the evaluation of body resulted in an error and the prefix of the -errorcode from the interpreter's status dictionary is equal to the pattern. The number of prefix words taken from the -errorcode is equal to the list-length of pattern, and inter-word spaces are normalized in both the -errorcode and pattern before comparison. The variableList word in each handler is always interpreted as a list of variable names. If the first word of the list is present and non-empty, it names a variable into which the result of the evaluation of body (from the main try) will be placed; this will contain the human-readable form of any errors. If the second word of the list is present and non-empty, it names a variable into which the options dictionary of the interpreter at the moment of completion of execution of body will be placed. The script word of each handler is also always interpreted the same: as a Tcl script to evaluate if the clause is matched. If script is a literal - and the handler is not the last one, the script of the following handler is invoked instead (just like with the switch command). Note that handler clauses are matched against in order, and that the first matching one is always selected. At most one han- dler clause will selected. As a consequence, an on error will mask any subsequent trap in the try. Also note that on error is equivalent to trap {}. If an exception (i.e. any non-ok result) occurs during the evaluation of either the handler or the finally clause, the origi- nal exception's status dictionary will be added to the new exception's status dictionary under the -during key. EXAMPLES
Ensure that a file is closed no matter what: set f [open /some/file/name a] try { puts $f "some message" # ... } finally { close $f } Handle different reasons for a file to not be openable for reading: try { set f [open /some/file/name] } trap {POSIX EISDIR} {} { puts "failed to open /some/file/name: it's a directory" } trap {POSIX ENOENT} {} { puts "failed to open /some/file/name: it doesn't exist" } BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category try of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
catch(3tcl), error(3tcl), return(3tcl), throw(3tcl) KEYWORDS
cleanup, error, exception, final, resource management CATEGORY
Utility COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2008 Donal K. Fellows, BSD licensed try 1 try(3tcllib)