Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Upgrade Sun x4150 ELOM issue
Operating Systems Solaris Upgrade Sun x4150 ELOM issue Post 302592979 by aixlover on Wednesday 25th of January 2012 10:47:24 AM
Old 01-25-2012
The SP and BIOS are not corrupted. The system is still running.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory upgrade Sun Blade 150

I would like to upgrade the memory in my Sun Blade 150 workstation. In reading through Sun's Blade 150 DIMM Installation Guide, it indicates that the memory must be "certified by Sun for the Sun Blade 150 system." Does anyone know if any SDRAM, PC133 • CL=2 • Unbuffered • ECC • 133MHz • 3.3V ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: here2learn
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun Blade 100 Memory Upgrade

Hi, I've been a member for a while but have never posted. I have a Sun Blade 100 desktop and I just installed Solaris 10 and it is unbearably slow. I only have 128 Meg of RAM and need to upgrade. I have searched and found many online resources that have RAM, but I was wondering if anyone has... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrewDudeBob
12 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Live Upgrade - lucreate fails

Hi, I currently have one BE and would like to create an ABE. # lustatus BE_name Complete Active ActiveOnReboot CopyStatus ------------------------------------------------------------------------ coolthreads yes yes yes - But... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgarousi
3 Replies

4. Hardware

Upgrade Sun Fire v65x to support USB External HD?

Hi, Does anyone know if it's possible to upgrade a Sun Fire v65x to support USB external hard drive(s)? My take on this is the USB ports were designed to support keyboard and mouse funtionality. BIOS Version/Date is: Intel Corporation SWV25.86B.1191.P08.0310291543, 10/29/2003. Does anyone... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattdon
3 Replies

5. Solaris

How to find missing disks on Sun x4150 without reboot?

Hi, Here is the issue: There are 4 disks on this Sun x4150 system under Solaris 10, but only 1 disk can be seen by the OS. I've tried commands disks and devfsadm but not working. It's an important production server, so 'reboot -r' is not a choice. # format < /dev/null Searching for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
6 Replies

6. Solaris

live upgrade SUN cluster

Hi, Guys On this weekend I have to upgrade Solaris 10 2 node SUN cluster from u4 to u9. I have not touch Sun cluster for a while so I need some help. Can anybody let me know what I have to do specifically for this upgrade? Thank you very much (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex57
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun solaris 5.9 to 5.10 upgrade

Hi Gurus, Need help with upgrading the solaris from 5.9 to 5.10. Any pointers will be great. Currently we are using 5.9 and need it to be upgraded onto 5.10 bash-2.05# uname -a SunOS 5.9 Generic_122300-08 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V245 this server doesnt have internet access so... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: phanidhar6039
13 Replies

8. Red Hat

Hadoop - Upgrade Issue

Hi All, I was recently trying to upgrade Hadoop from CDH4 to CDH5 ,however after upgrade found below issue , Looks like this is a known issue but unable to find a proper solution for it . log4j:ERROR Could not find value for key log4j.appender.EventCounter log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tomlight
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Sun-Fire-V490 Printer Issue After Upgrade of Solaris

Hey Guys I am new here, dont know if any one can assist me with this issue. I have a Sun-Fire-V490 machine that was upgraded to version 9 and patched a few months back. Problem is a few network printers managed by the server is printing an extra page that comes out before and after every print... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mprogams
0 Replies
INNUPGRADE(8)						    InterNetNews Documentation						     INNUPGRADE(8)

NAME
innupgrade - Upgrade INN configuration files SYNOPSIS
innupgrade directory innupgrade [-t type] -f file DESCRIPTION
innupgrade is intended to be run during a major upgrade of INN to fix the configuration files with any required changes. If given a directory, it will scan that directory for any files that it has updates defined for, try to perform those updates, and replace the files with updated versions if applying the updates resulted in any changes. The old versions of the files will be saved with a ".OLD" extension. If the -f flag is used, only that file will be updated. If the file name doesn't match the standard file name of an INN configuration file, the optional -t flag may be given to specify the type. See "EXAMPLES" for an example of this. Currently, innupgrade knows how to apply the following updates: inn.conf o Quote values with whitespace and comment out keys with no values, required for the change in configuration parsers introduced in INN 2.4. The new format is not backward compatible with the previous parser, since the previous parser will include the double-quotes in the value of the parameter. o Add the hismethod parameter if not found (introduced in INN 2.4, with the default value "hisv6") and rename nntpactsync to incominglogfrequency (since INN 2.5). o If the overview.fmt file exists, its content is merged in the extraoverviewadvertised and extraoverviewhidden parameters introduced in INN 2.5. The file is then renamed to overview.fmt.OLD. o If the sasl.conf file exists, its content is merged in the tlscapath, tlscafile, tlscertfile and tlskeyfile parameters introduced in INN 2.5. The file is then renamed to sasl.conf.OLD. newsfeeds o Replace the use of startinnfeed with the appropriate direct invocation of innfeed or imapfeed. A few obsolete programs or configuration files are renamed with a ".OLD" extension by innupgrade. Obsolete man pages are directly removed. Normally, innupgrade should be run at least on the pathetc directory after any upgrade of INN other than a patch release (any upgrade that changes the first or second version numbers). This may occur automatically during the upgrade process. OPTIONS
-f file Only act on file rather than working on an entire directory. -t type For a file specified with -f, parse it and upgrade it as if it were named type. Used for upgrading files with the same syntax as normal INN configuration files but with different names. Only makes sense in combination with -f. EXAMPLES
Upgrade any configuration files found in pathetc and append a ".OLD" extension to obsolete files in pathetc: innupgrade <pathetc in inn.conf> Upgrade only /news/etc/inn.conf: innupgrade -f /news/etc/inn.conf Upgrade a file named inn-special.conf that should have the same syntax as inn.conf: innupgrade -t inn.conf -f inn-special.conf Any upgrade rules that apply to inn.conf will be applied to the alternate file. HISTORY
Written by Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> for InterNetNews. $Id: innupgrade.pod 8415 2009-04-12 20:19:35Z iulius $ INN 2.5.3 2009-05-21 INNUPGRADE(8)