Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: history command with date
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting history command with date Post 302592928 by ahamed101 on Wednesday 25th of January 2012 08:20:32 AM
Old 01-25-2012
Code:
export HISTTIMEFORMAT="%h/%d - %H:%M:%S"

--ahamed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date/Time in history command

Hi, Can we display the Date/time stamp in history command Ex: $history output ----------- vi pr.sh ksh -x pr.sh ksh -n pr.sh nhoup ksh pr.sh & nohup ksh pr.sh & i want the output like this Tue Mar 14 17:18:57 GMT 2006 vi pr.sh HOSTNAME is it possible sir ???? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vastare
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using command history

Hi All. Suppose I am in a "verylongpath" directory and I type "gedit thisfile". At a later stage, the command is accessible from the hystory, but it is useless if I have moved to another directory. The same applies to "cd myfolder", etc. Is there a way to instruct shell history to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bruno69
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The history command: See other users command history

Can anyone tell this: If two users are logged into the same server from different locations. Is there a way to see the history command of the other user? I tried the history command, but it is showing me only the commands I used. Thanks in advance for your help. Iamnew2solaris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
1 Replies

4. AIX

History command

How to get the other user history file. I would like to check the commands issues from my teammate. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mariappan.m
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to view command in history for specific date

hi i want to find a command in history for specific date . is it possible that i can view ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptor
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Want to get list of Linux commands used on specific date through HISTORY command

I want to get list of linux commands used on Jan 01 2014 with the help of HISTORY command or some other linux commands,. Kindly help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthick nath
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command history

hi i want to show my history command in UNIX solaris ( bash shell ),, i tried this command ( HISTTIMEFORMAT="%d/%m/%y %T " ) but it's not working with me ,, is there any restricted condition to do this command any one know why it's not working to me .. thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mondo32
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

History of all the users in single file with command , date . time , ip and user

HTML Code archive_history() { HISTORYOLD=${HISTFILE}.archive CURTIME=`date` CURTTY=`tty` IP=$(echo $SSH_CLIENT | awk '{print $1}') if ; then echo "#-${HOSTNAME}-- ${CURBASHDATE} - ${CURTIME} ($CURTTY) ${USER} ${IP}----" >> $HISTORYOLD history... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

History of all the users in single file with command , date . time , ip and user

HTML Code: archive_history() { HISTORYOLD=${HISTFILE}.archive CURTIME=`date` CURTTY=`tty` IP=$(echo $SSH_CLIENT | awk '{print $1}') if ; then echo "#-${HOSTNAME}-- ${CURBASHDATE} - ${CURTIME} ($CURTTY) ${USER} ${IP}----" >> $HISTORYOLD history... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

History of command by date

hi unix expert how can i see the history of command that i entered in past? history (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abdossamad2003
1 Replies
history(n)					       Provides a history for Entry widgets						history(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
history - Provides a history for Entry widgets SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require Tk 8.4 package require history ?0.1? ::history::init pathName ?length? ::history::remove pathName ::history::add pathName text ::history::get pathName ::history::clear pathName ::history::configure pathName option ?value? bell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a convenient history mechanism for Entry widgets. The history may be accessed with the up and down arrow keys. ::history::init pathName ?length? Arranges to remember the history of the named Entry widget. An optional length determines the number of history entries to keep. This may be changed later with ::history::configure. History entries must be added with the ::history::add command before they can be seen. ::history::remove pathName Forgets all history entries for the Entry pathName and removes the history bindings. ::history::add pathName text This command is used to add history entries to an Entry that has previously had ::history::init called on it. This command should be called from your Entry handler with the contents of the entry (or whatever you wish to add to the history). ::history::get pathName This command returns a list containing the history entries for the Entry pathName ::history::clear pathName This command clears the history list for the named Entry. ::history::configure pathName option ?value? This command queries or sets configuration options. Currently the options recognized are length and alert. Setting the length deter- mines the number of history entries to keep for the named Entry. Alert specifies the command to run when the user reaches the end of the history, it defaults to bell entry .e bind .e <Return> [list ProcessEntry %W] ::history::init .e pack .e proc ProcessEntry {w} { set text [$w get] if {$text == ""} { return } ::history::add $w $text puts $text $w delete 0 end } KEYWORDS
entry, history history 0.1 history(n)