Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting expect script with special characters? Post 302592808 by neutronscott on Wednesday 25th of January 2012 01:45:05 AM
Old 01-25-2012
since no other replies yet..

it's been a long time since i've wrote in tcl, but the easiest solution would be to put a backslash before these special characters.
example:

Code:
send "a01 login lupin VFR\$5tgb\r"

send "a02 list \"\" \"*\""

This User Gave Thanks to neutronscott For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for special characters in a script

Hi All, In my shell script, i'm checking the date input against few constraints. It should be of YYYYMMDD format and the script should prompt the user with error message, if less than 8 digits are present or input contains special characters (*,&,%,^,$ ...etc). The script i'm using is given... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumesh.abraham
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to escape special characters in Korn shell script

Hi, I would like to display the following message from my shell (Korn) script Copy "old_file.txt" to "new_file.txt" My code looks as follows print "Copy "old_file.txt" to "new_file.txt"" However, when I execute the script, I get the following output Copy old_file.txt to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogers42
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED script to backslash special characters

I have a shell script that I have written to be a kind of to-do/notepad that's quickly executable from the command line. However, special characters tend to break it pretty well. Ie: "notes -a This is an entry." works fine. "notes -a This is (my) entry." will toss back a bash syntax error on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: skylersee
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single/Multiple Line with Special characters - Find & Replace in Unix Script

Hi, I am creating a script to do a find and replace single/multiple lines in a file with any number of lines. I have written a logic in a script that reads a reference file say "findrep" and populates two variables $FIND and $REPLACE print $FIND gives Hi How r $u Rahul() Note:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_sarnayak
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace special characters with Escape characters?

i need to replace the any special characters with escape characters like below. test!=123-> test\!\=123 !@#$%^&*()-= to be replaced by \!\@\#\$\%\^\&\*\(\)\-\= (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to tail file; problem with awk and special characters

Trying to use code that I found to send only new lines out of a log file by doing: while :; do temp=$(tail -1 logfile.out) awk "/$last/{p=1}p" logfile.out #pipe this to log analyzer program last="$temp" sleep 10 done Script works fine when logfile is basic text, but when it contains... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moo72moo
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to escape Special Characters in Expect programming?

Hi, I have written a unix expect utility "ssh-login.exp" which connects (ssh) to remote host and execute some shell script. I am calling this "ssh-login.exp" utility from another shell script. "ssh-login.exp" takes username, password, host and shell script path to execute on remote host. All... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mahesh Desai
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Special Characters

Hi, I am familiar with using a backslash to escape a $ in a send command, but this device I am using expect to talk to has a regex expression that I need to input and it is a bear. Is there a list of all the characters that require escaping in an expect send statement ? Here is what I need to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ob2s
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Special Character issue in Expect Utility (Tcl)

Hi, I have written a unix expect utility "ssh-login.exp" which connects (ssh) to remote host and execute some shell script. I am calling this "ssh-login.exp" utility from another shell script. "ssh-login.exp" takes username, password, host and shell script path to execute on remote host. All... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mahesh Desai
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tcsh script - sed command for special characters

Hi, I am using sed command to replace following line in gz file- sed -n 's/""COS_12_TM_1" ( 1101110101001001010011110100000010110100010010000000100000000010XX010000000 )"/""COS_12_TM_1" ( 110111010100100101001111MM00000010110100010010000000100000000010XX010000000 )"/g' filename.gz $x=... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Preeti Chandra
4 Replies
IMAP(3) 						User Contributed Perl Documentation						   IMAP(3)

NAME
Cyrus::IMAP - Interface to Cyrus imclient library SYNOPSIS
use Cyrus::IMAP; my $client = Cyrus::IMAP->new('mailhost'[, $flags]); $flags = Cyrus::IMAP::CONN_NONSYNCLITERAL; ($server, $mailbox) = Cyrus::IMAP->fromURL($url); $url = Cyrus::IMAP->toURL($server, $mailbox); $client->setflags($flags); $client->clearflags(Cyrus::IMAP::CONN_INITIALRESPONSE); $flags = $client->flags; $server = $client->servername; $client->authenticate; $flags = Cyrus::IMAP::CALLBACK_NUMBERED || Cyrus::IMAP::CALLBACK_NOLITERAL; $client->addcallback({-trigger => $str, -flags => $flags, -callback => &cb, -rock => $var}, ...); $client->send(&callback, &cbdata, $format, ...); $client->processoneevent; ($result, $text) = $client->send(undef, undef, $format, ...); ($fd, $writepending) = $client->getselectinfo; DESCRIPTION
The Cyrus::IMAP module provides an interface to the Cyrus imclient library. These are primarily useful for implementing cyradm operations within a Perl script; there are easier ways to implement general client operations, although they may be more limited in terms of authentication options when talking to a Cyrus imapd. In the normal case, one will attach to a Cyrus server and authenticate using the best available method: my $client = Cyrus::IMAP::new('imap'); $client->authenticate; if (!$client->send('', '', 'CREATE %s', 'user.' . $username)) { warn "createmailbox user.$username: $@"; } In simple mode as used above, "send()" is invoked with "undef", 0, or '' for the callback and rock (callback data) arguments; it returns a list of "($result, $text)" from the command. If invoked in scalar context, it returns $result and places $text in $@. In this mode, there is no need to use "processoneevent()". If more control is desired, use the callback and rock arguments and invoke "processoneevent()" regularly to receive results from the IMAP server. If still more control is needed, the "getselectinfo()" method returns a list containing a file descriptor (not Perl filehandle) which can be passed to select(); if the second element of the list is true, you should include it in the write mask as well as the read mask because the imclient library needs to perform queued output. For more information, consult the Cyrus documentation. NOTES
"send()" behaves as if the "Cyrus::IMAP::CONN_NONSYNCLITERAL" flag is always set. This is because it is a wrapper for the C version, which cannot be made directly available from Perl, and synchronous literals require interaction with the IMAP server while parsing the format string. This is planned to be fixed in the future. The 'LOGIN' mechanism can be used to authenticate with a plaintext username and password. This is intended as a workaround for a bug in early SASL implementations; use of Cyrus::IMAP with non-Cyrus servers is not recommended, primarily because there are easier ways to implement IMAP client functionality in Perl. (However, if you need SASL support, "Cyrus::IMAP" is currently the only way to get it.) The file descriptor returned by "getselectinfo()" should not be used for anything other than "select()". In particular, I/O on the file descriptor will almost certainly cause more problems than whatever problem you think you are trying to solve. The toURL and fromURL routines are to ease conversion between URLs and IMAP mailbox and server combinations, and are a simple frontend for the libcyrus functions of the same name. The imparse library routines are not implemented, because they are little more than a (failed) attempt to make parsing as simple in C as it is in Perl. This module exists primarily so we can integrate Cyrus administration into our Perl-based account management system, and secondarily so that we can rewrite cyradm in a sensible language instead of Tcl. Usability for other purposes is not guaranteed. AUTHORs Brandon S. Allbery <allbery@ece.cmu.edu>, Rob Siemborski <rjs3+@andrew.cmu.edu> SEE ALSO
Cyrus::IMAP::Admin perl(1), cyradm(1), imclient(3), imapd(8). perl v5.12.1 2008-04-04 IMAP(3)