Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting copying text from between a pattern and * Post 302592798 by Johanni on Wednesday 25th of January 2012 01:19:21 AM
Old 01-25-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcwayx
Get the init Coordinates.key:
Code:
sed -n '/\*NODE/,/\*/p' infile > Coordinates.key

But not sure, how many NODE sessions in Coordinates.key.
Thanks, there would be just one node session in coordinates.key and i want to bring back the new calculated numbers to the keyword file, between *node and the first star after it.

---------- Post updated at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:09 AM ----------

Actually the coordinates.key is like shown above and there would be no * or anything else and the whole file should be copied back, exactly the reverse action of the above command.
Tnx

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copying a pattern of files in one directory into other with new pattern names...

Hi, I have to copy a set of files abc* in /path/ to /path1/ as abc*_bkp. The list of files appear as follows in /path/: abc1 xyszd abc2 re2345 abcx .. . abcxyz I have to copy them (abc* files only) into /path1/ as: abc1_bkp abc2_bkp abcx_bkp .. . (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_learner
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying Text between two unique text patterns

Dear Colleagues: I have .rtf files of a collection of newspaper articles. Each newspaper article starts with a variation of the phrase "Document * of 20" and is separated from the next article with the character string "===================" I would like to be able to take the text composing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spindoctor
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: Find start of pattern and extract text to end of line, including the pattern

This is my first post, please be nice. I have tried to google and read different tutorials. The task at hand is: Input file input.txt (example) abc123defhij-E-1234jslo 456ujs-W-abXjklp From this file the task is to grep the -E- and -W- strings that are unique and write a new file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TestTomas
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying columns with headers' specific pattern

Hi friends, I have data in tab separated file with headers like this : *sml1 *sml3 *smln7 smfk9 smllf56... Which shell command I should use if i want to extract entire columns that have header names beginning with "*" ? i want to copy these columns into another file. Thanks, (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacks
14 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Vi copying text

Is there a trick for copying from something like a powerpoint into vi? Every time I try to copy text from something like a powerpoint to vi my spacing gets messed up. I think it has something to do with my .vimrc file. When I renamed it was able to copy it in just fine so can someone please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with searching and copying in a text file

Hi, I need help searching through a large text file. I need to find a certain string within the text, and copy each line until another string appears. The file looks like this: >scf15164843 ATTAAAGGNNNGGAATTTCCCCAA ATTACCGGCTTTAAANNNTTACCC >scf15154847 CCGGGNNNTTTAAACCCGNGNGCC... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: repiv
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying text from Windows to AIX - missing text?

Hi All, I'm hoping this is an easy question, but I'm having a weird problem trying to simply copy and paste text from MS Windows (XP) Notepad and then pasting into vi or vim in AIX. When I type "oslevel" I get "5.3.0.0". The problem is that once the text is pasted, there are sections of text... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PlainInverted
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files based on a pattern

Hi All, I need to find and list the last 5 days files in that exact name with "MIM" and copy to another directory. please help me in this there is around 30000 files Thanks Murali (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 969murali@gmail
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files with a specific pattern

Hi All I am trying to copy files from one location to another and given below are some sample ones: aaa_bbb_ccc_ddd_cost_code_20140330.gz aaa_bbb_ccc_ddd_revenue_zone_20140329.gz aaa_bbb_ccc_ddd_benefit_extract_20140330.csv.gz aaa_bbb_ccc_ddd_profit_zone_20150509.csv.gz... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: swasid
17 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting and copying text from one file to another

Helooo, So I have a .fasta file (a text file with sequence data) which looks like this, with just over 3 million lines of data. >TCONS_00000001 gene=XLOC_000001 AATTGTGGTGAAATGACTTCTGTTAACGGAGACATCGATGATTGTTGTTACTATTTGTTCTCAGGATTCA... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4galaxy7
8 Replies
GLDEPTHRANGE(3G)														  GLDEPTHRANGE(3G)

NAME
glDepthRange - specify mapping of depth values from normalized device coordinates to window coordinates C SPECIFICATION
void glDepthRange( GLclampd zNear, GLclampd zFar ) PARAMETERS
zNear Specifies the mapping of the near clipping plane to window coordinates. The initial value is 0. zFar Specifies the mapping of the far clipping plane to window coordinates. The initial value is 1. DESCRIPTION
After clipping and division by w, depth coordinates range from -1 to 1, corresponding to the near and far clipping planes. glDepthRange specifies a linear mapping of the normalized depth coordinates in this range to window depth coordinates. Regardless of the actual depth buffer implementation, window coordinate depth values are treated as though they range from 0 through 1 (like color components). Thus, the values accepted by glDepthRange are both clamped to this range before they are accepted. The setting of (0,1) maps the near plane to 0 and the far plane to 1. With this mapping, the depth buffer range is fully utilized. NOTES
It is not necessary that zNear be less than zFar. Reverse mappings such as zNear=1, and zFar=0 are acceptable. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if glDepthRange is executed between the execution of glBegin and the corresponding execution of glEnd. ASSOCIATED GETS
glGet with argument GL_DEPTH_RANGE SEE ALSO
glDepthFunc, glPolygonOffset, glViewport GLDEPTHRANGE(3G)