Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to bypass the password field Post 302592699 by jgt on Tuesday 24th of January 2012 02:57:18 PM
Old 01-24-2012
Read the manual page for "expect". It should do what you are asking for.
This User Gave Thanks to jgt For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a way to automatically prepopulate a password field?

I want to know if there is a way that I can right a script that will su to root and prepopulate the password field? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrchcol
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace password field using ed/sed

I need to edit the password file to change the password field to *LK* for a specified account (abctest) like: abctest:*LK*:135:20::/home/abctest:/sbin/sh Can anyone help me do this using ed or sed? Thanks a lot! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: munch
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to bypass error in shell script?

Hi again, I have a script that moves files based on filelist: ------------------------------ filelist1=./rated.txt for file in $(< $filelist1) do mv ./$file ./Backup/$file done ------------------------------ If the file in filelist is not found from the folder the script fails.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tmikahan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to change root password using shell script with standard password

Hi Friends. I am new to scripting now i want to change the root password using the script with standard password. which is the easy scripting to learn for the beginner, Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
2 Replies

5. Solaris

bypass password authentication for sftp in unix

I am using solaris unix 8.2 version. I want to bypass password authentication for sftp. Can you please give some ideas on this. thanks.Regards. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijill
4 Replies

6. Solaris

can't bypass password authentication

I can able to SFTP from my web server unix to apps server unix end. but the other way from APPS server to Web server is still asking me the password. I have done same procedure both side. still i am having same problem. Any one help on this. thanks, regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijill
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp:Password field is displayed

I am trying to get a file by doing ftp to the server. The below script works fine but as I type password it is displayed as simple text. HOST='192.108.245.101' echo 'username: ' read USER echo 'password:' read PASSWD ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD lcd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
1 Replies

8. Solaris

root password for system maintenance (control-d to bypass)

I have message "root password for system maintenance (control-d to bypass)" after Solaris 10 boots up. Why it appears ? thx for help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP prompting for password even though password is in script

Hi All, I am trying to transfer a file from one server to a remote server using SFTP. Client is not ready for key setup. I am working on Solaris 10. Here is the code. #!/bin/ksh # sample automatic Sftp script to dump a file USER="user1" PASSWORD="pass1" HOST="host1" sftp $USER@$HOST... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command/script to match a field and print the next field of each line in a file.

Hello, I have a text file in the below format: Source Destination State Lag Status CQA02W2K12pl:D:\CAQA ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pocodot
10 Replies
write_reading(3)						  Staden Package						  write_reading(3)

NAME
write_reading, fwrite_reading - Write a Read structure into a trace file. SYNOPSIS
#include <Read.h> int write_reading( char *filename, Read *read, int format); int fwrite_reading( FILE *fp, Read *read, int format); DESCRIPTION
These functions write a Read structure into a trace file. The principle format support is the SCF format. Although reading is supported for ABI and ALF, writing is not. Additionally, it is possible to write using the plain (old) staden format files or as Experiment files. In both these cases only the sequence component of the trace file will be written. When writing as an experiment file the QL, QR and SQ fields are generated from the Read structure. If we previously created the Read struc- ture from reading an experiment file then the original experiment file data is also written. Otherwise EN, ID, LN and LT lines are also generated. write_reading() writes a Read structure to the specified filename in the specified format. Formats available are TT_SCF, TT_PLNand TT_EXP. Specifying format TT_ANY will be treated as TT_SCF. fwrite_reading() writes a Read structure to the specified FILE pointer in the specified format. Apart from writing to FILE pointer instead of a filename, the function is identical to write_reading(). RETURN VALUES
On successful completion, the write_reading() and fwrite_reading() functions return 0. Otherwise these functions return -1. SEE ALSO
read_reading(3), fread_reading(3), deallocate_reading(3), scf(4), ExperimentFile(4) write_reading(3)