Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix Find and Chmod Question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix Find and Chmod Question Post 302592609 by Corona688 on Tuesday 24th of January 2012 10:51:57 AM
Old 01-24-2012
That's a quick'n'easy way to do it, though it may break down given filenames with spaces in them, or folders with the extension ".bin".

This should be reliable and safe:
Code:
find /path/to/folder/ -name '*.bin' -type f -exec chmod +x '{}' ';'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help on find with chmod.. urgent help needed

Hello to all Unix gurus.. I am writing a generic script which takes the options of unix command as input and concatenate all the pieces and forms a complete executable command. I am getting an error with the following command as I am resetting my own permission on the root directory. When the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdlayeeq
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CHMOD Question

I've always been fascinated by permissions and I have a question. Since the shell isn't a "virtual environment" (like say a web forum, where permissions can be enforced with absolute confidence), what's actually keeping an unauthorized user from viewing a CHMODed file? The read/write routines? Why... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: froth
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix chmod permissions

Hello all, Trying to do the following. 1. Run Windows installer from a unix server. 2. Let user run the shortcut but not allow access to the folder where the exe itself is running. What I have done so far: 1. Copied the application to the server and placed in a folder called "data".... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: whiterabbit
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chmod question ?

Hi, I am newbie in unix. I have folder/file own by groupA, how to make that folder/file can write/read for groupB and read only for groupC, and others groups cannot read/write. Can you help me? Thank you. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: blesets
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FIND/CHMOD combined

I am trying to change permission for all subdirectories and files inside folder1 so this is what i came with after many seraches on the internet. man find and man chmod mirc and few articles. find .public_html/folder1 -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 777 what's wrong with this command? it is FTP... (33 Replies)
Discussion started by: smoother
33 Replies

6. HP-UX

how can I find all tool which can setuid like chmod

for security issue ,i would like to find all privilege tools that can setuid how to do this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

chmod question

I have two files,like follows: $ls -l foo bar -rw------- bar -rw-rw-rw- foo Then I execute follow code: chmod("foo",(statbuf.st_mode & ~S_IXGRP) | S_ISGID) chmod("bar",S_IRUSR | S_IWUSR | S_IRGRP | S_IROTH) Then I view the result $ls -l foo bar -rw-r--r-- bar... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: konvalo
1 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

What is the difference between chmod in solaris and chmod in Linux?

i think it is the same in both... Iam i right? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumaiya
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and automatically chmod

Hello everyone, my friend is asking for yOur Help. He is asking the script for combined find and changemode utility... Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iennetastic
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Beginner UNIX question. tail and find commands

hey guys, i'm in a unix course.. and while this is a homework question - i did put alittle effort into it. just wanted to ask before trial and error drives me nuts. question 13 has us saving the last 30 characters of a file into another file and question 14 has us saving the list of all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: labelthief
1 Replies
LIBMTP_folder_struct(3) 					      libmtp						   LIBMTP_folder_struct(3)

NAME
libmtp - LIBMTP_folder_struct SYNOPSIS
#include <libmtp.h> Data Fields uint32_t folder_id uint32_t parent_id uint32_t storage_id char * name LIBMTP_folder_t * sibling LIBMTP_folder_t * child Detailed Description MTP Folder structure Examples: delfile.c, folders.c, getfile.c, newfolder.c, sendfile.c, and sendtr.c. Field Documentation LIBMTP_folder_t* LIBMTP_folder_struct::child Child folder or NULL if no children Examples: folders.c. Referenced by LIBMTP_destroy_folder_t(), LIBMTP_Find_Folder(), and LIBMTP_Get_Folder_List_For_Storage(). uint32_t LIBMTP_folder_struct::folder_id Unique folder ID Examples: folders.c. Referenced by LIBMTP_Find_Folder(), LIBMTP_Get_Folder_List_For_Storage(), LIBMTP_new_folder_t(), and LIBMTP_Set_Folder_Name(). char* LIBMTP_folder_struct::name Name of folder Examples: folders.c. Referenced by LIBMTP_destroy_folder_t(), LIBMTP_Get_Folder_List_For_Storage(), and LIBMTP_Set_Folder_Name(). uint32_t LIBMTP_folder_struct::parent_id ID of parent folder Referenced by LIBMTP_Get_Folder_List_For_Storage(). LIBMTP_folder_t* LIBMTP_folder_struct::sibling Next folder at same level or NULL if no more Examples: folders.c. Referenced by LIBMTP_destroy_folder_t(), LIBMTP_Find_Folder(), and LIBMTP_Get_Folder_List_For_Storage(). uint32_t LIBMTP_folder_struct::storage_id ID of storage holding this folder Referenced by LIBMTP_Get_Folder_List_For_Storage(). Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libmtp from the source code. Version 1.1.3 Sun Feb 17 2013 LIBMTP_folder_struct(3)