Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Remap Mouse Buttons with Xmodmap Post 302592587 by ab52 on Tuesday 24th of January 2012 10:08:24 AM
Old 01-24-2012
it did nothing, but if i do this
Code:
pointer = 1 10 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 2 11 12

it makes button 10 middle mouse, but it does mean the middle mouse button does not work. is there is a way to get both working as middle click

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Building a better mouse trap, or How many lines of code does it take to trap a mouse?

Hello all, I'm hoping to get a little insight from some of the wily veterans amongst you. I've written a script to check for new outgoing files to our vendors located on our ssl server. It seems to be working ok, but the final question here, will be one of logic, and/or a better way to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mph
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing middle mouse button for pasting to right mouse button in cygwin rxvt

Hi, I'm using rxvt in Cygwin and I'm wondering how to change my mouse bindings from the middle button for pasting to the right button. The main reason why I want to do this is because my laptop doesn't have a middle mouse button. Thanks for any help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sayeo
2 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Buttons and menues like win95

I'v got some question about x managers. I'm using FreeBSD7 + Gnome + fluxbox. when i'm trying to apply some themes, it doesn't look like it should be. All my buttons and menus are look like win95). Whaat kind of lib i should install... what should i do? Here is two printscreens. For ex. My... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Levenson
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tar extract: remap uid gid ?

OK, so simple question here: Is there anyway to REMAP, while extracting with tar, specific uid's and gid's on extracted files ? Background: The usual transfer between two servers with same literals username's names, but with different gid and uid. I would like, for example, files owned by... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fidodido
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Sol10 + XDMCP + Xmodmap problems

Hi everyone, I have a Sun T5120 with Sol10-1/13 installed with JDS. XDMCP is enabled. I connect to this machine with a laptop (Debian 8 and Xephyr). I can log in remotely with XDMCP and JDS works fine, except for xmodmap. This is what my .xmodmaprc file looks like: $ cat .xmodmaprc... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: toguro123
0 Replies
xdmxconfig(1)						      General Commands Manual						     xdmxconfig(1)

NAME
xdmxconfig - a graphical configuration tool for Xdmx configuration files SYNOPSIS
xdmxconfig [filename] DESCRIPTION
xdmxconfig reads, edits, and writes configuration files for the Xdmx server. The grammar for the configuration file is specified in the Xdmx(1) manual page. To start from scratch, create a "New Global" and specify the name and overall dimensions for the configuration. Then use "New Display" to enter more displays. If there is more than one configuration, the configuration name button will bring up a selection menu. In the right-hand pannel, the left mouse button will move the highlighted display at "tool resolution"; the middle mouse button will move the highlighted display by a single pixel (at "wall resolution"); and the right mouse button will bring up a menu allowing the highlighted display to be edited or deleted. The arrow keys will also move the highlighted display by a single pixel. BUGS
Currently, entries with the wall keyword are not editable, but will be preserved in the new output file. The tool will quit when requested by the user, even if a configuration file has not been written out (i.e., without warning). The menu interaction should be improved (menu entries that don't currently work should be greyed-out, for example). The Help button does not work. SEE ALSO
Xdmx(1), vdltodmx(1) X Version 11 xorg-server 1.12.4 xdmxconfig(1)