Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting converting epoch time to ddmmyy format Post 302592586 by balajesuri on Tuesday 24th of January 2012 10:05:22 AM
Old 01-24-2012
Code:
perl -MPOSIX -le 'print strftime ("%d%m%y", localtime (1327329935))'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert epoch time to readible format?

Hi, I would like to convert epoch time from the logs to readible fromat. How do I do it within shell? Thanks! (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cin2000
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Epoch time format to normal date time format in the same file

I have a file named "suspected" with series of line like these : {'protocol': 17, 'service': 'BitTorrent KRPC', 'server': '219.78.120.166', 'client_port': 52044, 'client': '10.64.68.44', 'server_port': 8291, 'time': 1226506312L, 'serverhostname': ''} {'protocol': 17, 'service': 'BitTorrent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rk4k
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting the current time in Epoch format

Hi everybody, I want to get the current time in epoch format (in UNIX or Korn Shell) and store it in a variable called currentTime. Any response will be highly appreciated:) Thanks in advance, omoyne:D (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: omoyne
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting epoch time

Hi, Thanks bartus11 yesterday's code worked fine for me. In meantime I've found another "issue". As you can see highlighted, the time format in my original input in case of two rows which should be duplicited ,is differentwhat I need to do is to convert to this format "20110607-08:03:22"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hernand
4 Replies

5. Programming

Converting a user inputted date to epoch time

Hi all , I need to know how to convert a time stamp entered by the user to be converted to GMT/UTC(epoch time) using mktime() and gmtime() for exapample the input will be put in the form ptm.tm_sec = 0; ptm.tm_min = 59; ptm.tm_hour = 11; ptm.tm_mday = 20;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ada
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk or nawk to convert epoch time to date format

Looking for some help and usually when I do a search this site comes up. Hopefully someone can give me a little direction as to how to use one of these two commands to achieve what I'm trying to do. What am I trying to do? I need to take the time value in epoch format returned from the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: minigts
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting real time to epoch time

# date +%s -d "Mon Feb 11 02:26:04" 1360567564 # perl -e 'print scalar localtime(1360567564), "\n";' Mon Feb 11 02:26:04 2013 the epoch conversion is working fine. but one of my application needs 13 digit epoch time as input 1359453135154 rather than 10 digit epoch time 1360567564... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting Epoch time

I have a Raspberry Pi that logs some temperatures using Onewire. Data is collected with RRDTool. The command sudo rrdtool fetch ute_temp.rrd AVERAGE -s -1h > ./test.log and then cat test.log gives the result 1388608500: 2.3579639836e+00 . How do I write a script that converts the Epoch time... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nilekl
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert epoch time stamp into human readable format

Can someone help me to write a shell script to convert epoch timestamp into human readable format 1394553600,"test","79799776.0","19073982.728571","77547576.0","18835699.285714" 1394553600,"test1","80156064.0","19191275.014286","62475360.000000","14200554.720000"... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moon1234
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting a random epoch time into a readable format

I am trying to create a script that will take epoch (input from command line) and convert it into a readable format in bash/shell ---------- Post updated at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous update was at 07:59 PM ---------- #!bin/bash read -p "Please enter a number to represent epoch time:"... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sprocket
9 Replies
Devel::Refcount(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Devel::Refcount(3pm)

NAME
"Devel::Refcount" - obtain the REFCNT value of a referent SYNOPSIS
use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); my $anon = []; print "Anon ARRAY $anon has " . refcount($anon) . " reference "; my $otherref = $anon; print "Anon ARRAY $anon now has " . refcount($anon) . " references "; DESCRIPTION
This module provides a single function which obtains the reference count of the object being pointed to by the passed reference value. FUNCTIONS
$count = refcount($ref) Returns the reference count of the object being pointed to by $ref. COMPARISON WITH SvREFCNT This function differs from "Devel::Peek::SvREFCNT" in that SvREFCNT() gives the reference count of the SV object itself that it is passed, whereas refcount() gives the count of the object being pointed to. This allows it to give the count of any referent (i.e. ARRAY, HASH, CODE, GLOB and Regexp types) as well. Consider the following example program: use Devel::Peek qw( SvREFCNT ); use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); sub printcount { my $name = shift; printf "%30s has SvREFCNT=%d, refcount=%d ", $name, SvREFCNT($_[0]), refcount($_[0]); } my $var = []; printcount 'Initially, $var', $var; my $othervar = $var; printcount 'Before CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; my $code = sub { undef $var }; printcount 'After CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; This produces the output Initially, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=1 Before CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 After CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=2, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 Here, we see that SvREFCNT() counts the number of references to the SV object passed in as the scalar value - the $var or $othervar respectively, whereas refcount() counts the number of reference values that point to the referent object - the anonymous ARRAY in this case. Before the CODE reference is constructed, both $var and $othervar have SvREFCNT() of 1, as they exist only in the current lexical pad. The anonymous ARRAY has a refcount() of 2, because both $var and $othervar store a reference to it. After the CODE reference is constructed, the $var variable now has an SvREFCNT() of 2, because it also appears in the lexical pad for the new anonymous CODE block. PURE-PERL FALLBACK An XS implementation of this function is provided, and is used by default. If the XS library cannot be loaded, a fallback implementation in pure perl using the "B" module is used instead. This will behave identically, but is much slower. Rate pp xs pp 225985/s -- -66% xs 669570/s 196% -- SEE ALSO
o Test::Refcount - assert reference counts on objects AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Devel::Refcount(3pm)