Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: OEL5.5 hot add disk
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat OEL5.5 hot add disk Post 302592318 by verdepollo on Monday 23rd of January 2012 01:36:16 PM
Old 01-23-2012
What does dmesg say?

Also, try with ioscan and modprobe.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Too Hot Here

Officially, we had high of 96°F with a relative humidity of 52% here in Rockville Md today. But my car's thermometer said the outside temp was 110° when I first got in this afternoon. After driving for 30 minutes it cooled down to 103°. I actually have a nasty burn on my hand just from leaning... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
19 Replies

2. Linux

Need suggestions before install OEL5.0 on IBM3400

Hi, I need to install Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.0 on IBM3400.Before start it,I expect your valuable suggestions regarding partition size...etc. This server is having 146 GB of hard disk and 4GB of RAM.I need to create 15 restricted users on this server.These 15 users will access their folders... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: masatheesh
1 Replies

3. Solaris

( VxVM ) How to add the removed disk back to previous disk group

Previously , i remove the disk by #vxdg -g testdg -k rmdisk testdg02 But i got error when i -k adddisk bash-2.03# vxdisk list DEVICE TYPE DISK GROUP STATUS c0t0d0s2 auto:none - - online invalid c0t1d0s2 auto:none ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waibabe
1 Replies

4. AIX

how to hot remove/add a tape

hi all :) i'd like to remove a broken scsi tape device from a system p5 520. it is the only device on the external scsi hookup. then i would like to add a new scsi tape device (same model). is this, and if - how ?, doable without rebooting? (using aix 5.3) best regards, deuter (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deuter
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Disk Storage Need to Add more Disk

Hi, Anyone can help me, just want to confirm, if possible adding a disk storage that we have a RAWDATA with +ASM in our database. If possible, what would you recommend "workaround used" from us to do and the preparation. And also how long the downtime will take. Our disk continuous to grow,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fpalero
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

hot-add disk in oracle enterprise linux 5.5

Hi all, I have an Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.5 server which is a virtual guest on a vSphere host. I have provisioned 500GB disk space from SAN. I then migrated the VM from a 200GB disk onto the new 500GB disk. I then increased the disk space allocated to the VMware to the maximum size of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tommyk
7 Replies

7. AIX

IBM SAN STORAGE HOT SPARE DISK

Hello, I have DS4000 IBM SAN Storage ( aka FastT Storage ) One of my disks has failed and I had a hot spare disk covering all the arrays. As the disk failed, immediately the hotspare disk took over the failed disk ( see the JPEG in the attachment ) My Question: How can I make the hotspare... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error after first boot OEL5.8

Server Model HP Proliant DL380P, Gen 8 Raid Controller= HP smart Array P420i Operating system Installation OEl5.8 On first boot after OS installation ERROR: Red Hat nash Version 5.119.6 starting -300.10.1.el5uek)’ Mounting proc Filesystem Reading all physical volume this may take a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sohail Jafferi
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Error after first boot OEL5.8

Server Model HP Proliant DL380P, Gen 8 Raid Controller= HP smart Array P420i Operating system Installation OEl5.8 On first boot after OS installation ERROR: Red Hat nash Version 5.119.6 starting -300.10.1.el5uek)' Mounting proc Filesystem Reading all physical volume this may take... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sohail Jafferi
1 Replies

10. SuSE

Hot-add memory to SuSE / VMware virtual server

Hi, Here is the issue. Some more memory has been added from vCenter to the virtual machine. From the virtual machine running SuSE 11 SP3. # modprobe acpiphp # modprobe acpi-memhotplug # grep -v online /sys/devices/system/memory/*/state # It looks like there is no offline memory, but free... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixlover
1 Replies
DMESG(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						  DMESG(8)

NAME
dmesg -- display the system message buffer SYNOPSIS
dmesg [-ac] [-M core [-N system]] DESCRIPTION
The dmesg utility displays the contents of the system message buffer. If the -M option is not specified, the buffer is read from the cur- rently running kernel via the sysctl(3) interface. Otherwise, the buffer is read from the specified core file, using the name list from the specified kernel image (or from the default image). The options are as follows: -a Show all data in the message buffer. This includes any syslog records and /dev/console output. -c Clear the kernel buffer after printing. -M Extract values associated with the name list from the specified core. -N If -M is also specified, extract the name list from the specified system instead of the default, which is the kernel image the system has booted from. FILES
/var/run/dmesg.boot usually a snapshot of the buffer contents taken soon after file systems are mounted at startup time SEE ALSO
sysctl(3), syslogd(8) HISTORY
The dmesg utility appeared in 4.0BSD. BSD
May 9, 2013 BSD