Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting issue while running it from cron while manually working fine Post 302592315 by anuragpgtgerman on Monday 23rd of January 2012 01:31:14 PM
Old 01-23-2012
Getting issue while running it from cron while manually working fine

Hello,

I am working one one script where I am using the below code which is using to connect with MKS client when I run my script manually it works effiecently i.e. it connects with MKS client but when I run it from CRON it doesn't connect.

1)Can some one tell when it is running from cron how could I check whether the variables are getting popuated or not
2)Is there any methodwith wich I can achieve this I need to trun this script from cron.

Code:
MKS_Connection()
{
si connect --hostname=si.pan.com --port=7001 --user=Lintomation --password=Lin4tw --yes
ReturnCode=$?;
if [[ "${ReturnCode}" -ne "0" ]];then
echo "Issue found during connection" | mail -s "MKS Connection issue1 from STP" rohit.sin@tlport.com
exit 1;
else
echo "Connection to MKS Client is in progress" |mail -s "MKS Connection1 FROM STP" rohit.sin@tlport.com
fi
}
MKS_Connection

Thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

running script in cron - with ssh commands - not working

I ran an ssh command to run a script on a remote server ssh -l <user> <servername> /path/to/script/scriptname This works fine - and the script is executed correctly. However - I put this command into a script, that I want to run from cron every hour, to execute the file on the remote... (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
31 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running php from cron - working up to a point

Hi there, I am struggling to try and work out what is going wrong with a cron job i have running daily which opens up an imap mailbox and extracts a rar file to a directory on the web server. The script works ok when run manually, and when it is running from cron, I can see that it opens up the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicky77
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script is not working from cron while working manually

Hello, I am facing a very strange problem when I run my script manuallu ./Fetchcode which is using to connect with MKS integrity from linux end it workks fine but when I run it from cron it doesn't work.Can someone help me 1) How could I check my script when it is running from cron like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script runs fine manually but not in crontab

Hello Guys, I have scratched my head alot on this but couldn't find clue what's wrong. Can you please help me with this? My problem is as following. 1) When I manually execute following script it runs successfully with below output. bash-3.00# more smssend #!/bin/bash echo -e "<Request... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: umarsatti
16 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working in cron but working fine manually

Help. My script is working fine when executed manually but the cron seems not to catch up the command when registered. The script is as follow: #!/bin/sh for file in file_1.txt file_2.txt file_3.txt do awk '{ print "0" }' $file > tmp.tmp mv tmp.tmp $file done And the cron... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasperux
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script not getting called through cron job but executes fine manually.

Hi, My shell script not getting called through cron job. The same works fine when executed manually. I tried to generate logs to find if the scripts has some errors related to path using following command- trying to execute .sh file every 5 mins: */5 * * * * /home/myfolder/abc.sh... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dejavu20
17 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Part of the Shell script is not running via crontab, runs fine manually

Hello Team, As a part of my job we have made a script to automate a service to restart frequently. Script having two functions when executing it's should find the existing service and kill it, then start the same service . Verified the script it's working fine when executing... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
18 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue Running UNIX process from CRON !!

Experts, Not sure whether the problem described here is related with Unix or is it with Oracle Installation. Here is the description of the issue: A new Unix server is setup as a part of Unix and Oracle upgradation activity for one of the Application, I work on. One strange thing is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Oracle_User
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab - entry not working , cron job not running

I have put a cron entry in oracle user for taking hot backup every wednesday@ 2.30 AM and have given the cron entry 30 02 * * 3 /u01/vijay/hotbackupcron 2>&1 >> /u01/vijay/hotbackup.log also find below the script inside hotbackupcron, i have put in env variables as well ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaymec50
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution problem with Cron: Script works manually but not w/Cron. Why?

Hello gurus, I am making what I think is a simple db2 call from within a shell script but I am having difficulty producing the desired report when I run the script shown below from a shell script in cron. For example, my script and the crontab file setup is shown below: #!/bin/ksh db2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: okonita
3 Replies
GIT-SH-SETUP(1)                                                     Git Manual                                                     GIT-SH-SETUP(1)

NAME
git-sh-setup - Common Git shell script setup code SYNOPSIS
. "$(git --exec-path)/git-sh-setup" DESCRIPTION
This is not a command the end user would want to run. Ever. This documentation is meant for people who are studying the Porcelain-ish scripts and/or are writing new ones. The git sh-setup scriptlet is designed to be sourced (using .) by other shell scripts to set up some variables pointing at the normal Git directories and a few helper shell functions. Before sourcing it, your script should set up a few variables; USAGE (and LONG_USAGE, if any) is used to define message given by usage() shell function. SUBDIRECTORY_OK can be set if the script can run from a subdirectory of the working tree (some commands do not). The scriptlet sets GIT_DIR and GIT_OBJECT_DIRECTORY shell variables, but does not export them to the environment. FUNCTIONS
die exit after emitting the supplied error message to the standard error stream. usage die with the usage message. set_reflog_action Set GIT_REFLOG_ACTION environment to a given string (typically the name of the program) unless it is already set. Whenever the script runs a git command that updates refs, a reflog entry is created using the value of this string to leave the record of what command updated the ref. git_editor runs an editor of user's choice (GIT_EDITOR, core.editor, VISUAL or EDITOR) on a given file, but error out if no editor is specified and the terminal is dumb. is_bare_repository outputs true or false to the standard output stream to indicate if the repository is a bare repository (i.e. without an associated working tree). cd_to_toplevel runs chdir to the toplevel of the working tree. require_work_tree checks if the current directory is within the working tree of the repository, and otherwise dies. require_work_tree_exists checks if the working tree associated with the repository exists, and otherwise dies. Often done before calling cd_to_toplevel, which is impossible to do if there is no working tree. require_clean_work_tree <action> [<hint>] checks that the working tree and index associated with the repository have no uncommitted changes to tracked files. Otherwise it emits an error message of the form Cannot <action>: <reason>. <hint>, and dies. Example: require_clean_work_tree rebase "Please commit or stash them." get_author_ident_from_commit outputs code for use with eval to set the GIT_AUTHOR_NAME, GIT_AUTHOR_EMAIL and GIT_AUTHOR_DATE variables for a given commit. create_virtual_base modifies the first file so only lines in common with the second file remain. If there is insufficient common material, then the first file is left empty. The result is suitable as a virtual base input for a 3-way merge. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-SH-SETUP(1)