Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mailx query
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting mailx query Post 302592302 by cnraja on Monday 23rd of January 2012 08:30:03 PM
Old 01-23-2012
Hi,
After sending mail from the server,sometimes user clicks reply to all and eventually getting failure notice.
So we are trying to avoid using From address instead trying to mask it with "IT Support".

---------- Post updated at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:56 PM ----------

Hi,
My requirement is I have to send email using mailx command and the recipient of the mail should see a alias instead of email address in his mail box. The same functionality that we get when we sent email using an address book. Is this functionality possible through mailx?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx

I am trying to write a shell script using the mailx command. My problem is that I want to send an email address in the CC: field. What option can I use with mailx to accomplish this. Any help would be very appreciative. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skammer
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx error message : mailx: NUL changed to @

If I use the "Mail" link instead of the "mail" link to ../mailx I get this error. Mail so-n-so @whatever.com mailx: NUL changed to @ Unknown command: "postmaster" The email still goes through but i get the error. If I use "mail" it goes thru without the error. Any ideas?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

mailx help

Hi, I have a shell script which has code like: cat /tmp/MAIL_PCSD | mailx -m -s " PEWA Order Acknowledgement" $M1 and M1 is nothing but this M1=`echo $x | awk ' {print $3}' ` If I pass absolute email address to $M1 it works fine. But, the thing is that it gets $M1 by reading some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: isingh786
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Using Mailx

I am new to Unix and i want to know when using mailx can we change the sender's name from the default one. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackeyed
3 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

MailX

Hi, I am not able to send direct mails from our unix server to our lotus notes id. It was fine until we upgrade our Lotus notes server. What are the changes need to add when we upgrade Lotus notes. Please advice. It run in sh file This is the statement uuencode $RTDIR/$filename... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajani_p
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mailx

We are using mailx to send email alerts. On occasions, it is updating our Distribution list with the mesage content. The following is the relevant portion of the script :- MAILGROUP=`more $MDS/feeds/alerts/distribution.lst` export MAILGROUP echo " " | mailx -s "MDS Alert - Refresh Complete"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paul Byrne
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

add the output of a query to a variable to be used in another query

I would like to use the result of a query in another query. How do I redirect/add the output to another variable? $result = odbc_exec($connect, $query); while ($row = odbc_fetch_array($result)) { echo $row,"\n"; } odbc_close($connect); ?> This will output hostnames: host1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx: How to send a attachment using mailx command

Hi All, Can anyone please provide the command for sending an mail with attachment using mailx command. Thanks in Advance :) Regards, Siram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies
CALIBRE-SMTP(1) 						      calibre							   CALIBRE-SMTP(1)

NAME
calibre-smtp - part of calibre SYNOPSIS
calibre-smtp [options] [from to text] DESCRIPTION
Send mail using the SMTP protocol. calibre-smtp has two modes of operation. In the compose mode you specify from to and text and these are used to build and send an email message. In the filter mode, calibre-smtp reads a complete email message from STDIN and sends it. text is the body of the email message. If text is not specified, a complete email message is read from STDIN. from is the email address of the sender and to is the email address of the recipient. When a complete email is read from STDIN, from and to are only used in the SMTP negotiation, the message headers are not modified. Whenever you pass arguments to calibre-smtp that have spaces in them, enclose the arguments in quotation marks. OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -l, --localhost Host name of localhost. Used when connecting to SMTP server. -o, --outbox Path to maildir folder to store failed email messages in. -f, --fork Fork and deliver message in background. If you use this option, you should also use --outbox to handle delivery failures. -t, --timeout Timeout for connection -v, --verbose Be more verbose COMPOSE MAIL Options to compose an email. Ignored if text is not specified -a, --attachment File to attach to the email -s, --subject Subject of the email SMTP RELAY Options to use an SMTP relay server to send mail. calibre will try to send the email directly unless --relay is specified. -r, --relay An SMTP relay server to use to send mail. --port Port to connect to on relay server. Default is to use 465 if encryption method is SSL and 25 otherwise. -u, --username Username for relay -p, --password Password for relay -e, --encryption-method Encryption method to use when connecting to relay. Choices are TLS and SSL. Default is TLS. SEE ALSO
The User Manual is available at http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual Created by Kovid Goyal <kovid@kovidgoyal.net> calibre-smtp (calibre 0.6.53) July 2010 CALIBRE-SMTP(1)