Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: linux overwrite directory
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users linux overwrite directory Post 302591967 by cokedude on Sunday 22nd of January 2012 04:27:05 AM
Old 01-22-2012
linux overwrite directory

How do you overwrite a directory with another directory? I know you can delete your directory then copy your directory over, but I would think there would be a way to do this in one step.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Overwrite

if i want to pipe output to a file, say, cat abc.dat > abc.txt, how do i make it replace the existing file? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duckman
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

overwrite problem

Hi im using the following to copy a file to a directory, the user being prompted to overwrite if the file already exists in that directory, cp -i myfile /home/brief/bin2 but this reveals the path of the directory when being prompted to overwrite (below) cp: overwrite... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali999
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Files overwrite in awk

Hi guys, I checked the knowledge base before posting this question. is there any way by which you can ALWAYS ALLOW file overwrite in AWK?. i.e. an option similar to noclobber in Korn shell. I don't to check for files existence and remove them. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Moon Noon
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

overwrite problem

my script is: awk '...mycode...' file1.txt > file2.txt and i want to overwrite file2.txt eachtime I run this script. but it says:File exists! :( I have tried awk '...mycode...' file1.txt >| file2.txt but it again says:Missing name for redirect! :confused::confused: what is this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Better to Delete or Overwrite

Hello All, I had just a question about my Bash Script I'm currently writing. The script I have writes some text to a output file. After I write to the output file I send the file to another server to do some stuff with it. After the file sends in the script, I don't need the output/txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
4 Replies
set directory to skulk(1m)												set directory to skulk(1m)

NAME
set directory to skulk - Starts the skulk of a directory immediately SYNOPSIS
cdscp set directory directory-name to skulk ARGUMENTS
The full name of the directory. DESCRIPTION
The set directory to skulk command starts the skulk of a directory immediately. The CDS control program prompt cdscp> does not return until the skulk is complete. The amount of time for the skulk to complete is dependent on the location, number, and availability of repli- cas of the directory. Privilege Required You must have administer, write, insert, or delete permission to the directory. The server principal needs administer, read, and write permission to the directory. NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLE
The following command initiates a skulk on the /.:/admin directory: cdscp> set directory /.:/admin to skulk RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: add directory(1m), create directory(1m), delete directory(1m), list directory(1m), remove directory(1m), set directory to new epoch(1m), show directory(1m) set directory to skulk(1m)