Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PERL: extract lines between two patterns Post 302591960 by parthmittal2007 on Sunday 22nd of January 2012 03:34:32 AM
Old 01-22-2012
can you please write the real environment example

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To extract the string between two patterns

Sample input: Loading File System Networking in nature Closing the System now i need to extract the patterns between the words File and Closing: i.e. sample output: System Networking in Nature Thanks in advance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aajan
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching patterns in 1 file and deleting all lines with those patterns in 2nd file

Hi Gurus, I have a file say for ex. file1 which has 3500 lines in it which are different account numbers and another file (file2) which has 230000 lines in it. I want to read all the lines in file1 and delete all those lines from file2 which has that same pattern as in file1. I am not quite... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: toms
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: Extract random record which has 4 lines each

Hi, I have a data file with millions of record (N). Each record was saved in 4 lines. So there are total of NX4 lines in the data file. For Example: Host1 a b c d Host2 e f g h Host3 i j k (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoeberunner
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract certain patterns from file.

Hi All, I tried extracting this pattern using grep but it did not work. What I have is a file which has contents like this: file:///channel/add-adhd.html file:///channel/allergies.html file:///channel/arthritis.html http://mail.yahoo.com/ http://messenger.yahoo.com/... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : to print the lines between two patterns

Hello experts, I have a text file from which I need to print all the lines between the patterns. Could anyone please help me with the perl script. names.txt ========= Badger Bald Eagle Bandicoot Bangle Tiger Barnacle Barracuda Basilisk Bass Basset Hound Beetle Beluga... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract all the lines in between of 2 patterns and merge them

Hi, I have a file with many lines and need to extract lines between 2 patterns (AAA and BBB) and merge all the in-between lines into single line separated by space. $ cat file1 blah blah blah blah AAA 1 2 3 blah BBB blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah AAA 5 6 blah blah... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
4 Replies

7. Debian

Extract Lines Between 2 patterns if exist...

Hello. I am not having luck with sed or awk today. $ echo "$BrackListFinal" DSCF3649-DSCF3651_Brkt DSCF3649.JPG 2014-07-21 13:34:44 On 1 DSCF3649.RAF 2014-07-21 13:34:44 On 1 DSCF3650.JPG 2014-07-21 13:34:45 On 2 DSCF3650.RAF 2014-07-21 13:34:45 On 2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DSommers
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract lines between patterns

I have a list in the format below, how do I read through the list and extract the lines between the ##START## and ##END##, so i can check for specific values between each ##START## & ##END## pattern ##START## RANDOMTEXT DFGSD SDFSDF ##END## ##START## morestuff sdfggfg sdfsdf... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: squrcles
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Delete multiple lines between blank lines containing two patterns

Hi all, I'm looking for a way (sed or awk) to delete multiple lines between blank lines containing two patterns ex: user: alpha parameter_1 = 15 parameter_2 = 1 parameter_3 = 0 user: alpha parameter_1 = 15 parameter_2 = 1 parameter_3 = 0 user: alpha parameter_1 = 16... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ce9888
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to print lines from a files with specific start and end patterns and pick only the last lines?

Hi, I need to print lines which are matching with start pattern "SELECT" and END PATTERN ";" and only select the last "select" statement including the ";" . I have attached sample input file and the desired input should be as: INPUT FORMAT: SELECT ABCD, DEFGH, DFGHJ, JKLMN, AXCVB,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani2019
5 Replies
ISGREATER(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					      ISGREATER(3)

NAME
isgreater, isgreaterequal, isless, islessequal, islessgreater, isunordered -- compare two floating-point numbers LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <math.h> int isgreater(real-floating x, real-floating y); int isgreaterequal(real-floating x, real-floating y); int isless(real-floating x, real-floating y); int islessequal(real-floating x, real-floating y); int islessgreater(real-floating x, real-floating y); int isunordered(real-floating x, real-floating y); DESCRIPTION
Each of the macros isgreater(), isgreaterequal(), isless(), islessequal(), and islessgreater() takes arguments x and y and returns a non-zero value if and only if its nominal relation on x and y is true. These macros always return zero if either argument is not a number (NaN), but unlike the corresponding C operators, they never raise a floating point exception. The isunordered() macro takes arguments x and y, returning non-zero if either x or y is NaN. For any pair of floating-point values, one of the relationships (less, greater, equal, unordered) holds. SEE ALSO
fpclassify(3), math(3), signbit(3) STANDARDS
The isgreater(), isgreaterequal(), isless(), islessequal(), islessgreater(), and isunordered() macros conform to ISO/IEC 9899:1999 (``ISO C99''). BSD
December 1, 2008 BSD