Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Deny from env=env-variable Does not work Post 302591936 by gnurob on Saturday 21st of January 2012 07:46:04 PM
Old 01-21-2012
Deny from env=env-variable Does not work

Quote:
mod_authz_host, in conjunction with mod_setenvif, can be used to restrict access to your website based on the value of arbitrary environment variables. This is done with the Allow from env= and Deny from env= syntax.

Code:
SetEnvIf User-Agent BadBot GoAway=1
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    Deny from env=GoAway

(Above from Apache docs).

On my system, using:

Code:
SetEnvIf User-Agent Mozilla IsBad=1
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
Deny from env=IsBad

...I see that environment variable is set (using phpinfo()) but the page is still served. No errors in the Apache logs.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PWD env variable for root

How do you get the $PWD env variable set for root? I know it's automatic for korn and other shells, but root uses /usr/bin/sh. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bcole23
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding command line env in cron env

Hello friends, i run two scripts manually & they work. i run them in cron & they don work. how to match the two env's 1.command line env 2.cron env i would like cron to use command line env. Thanks & Regards Abhijeet (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhijeetkul
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Some env setting is causing the script not to work ?

Not sure what has changed in the Unix environment. The following script which was working is now not working. #!/usr/bin/ksh # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- # File: monitor_db.sh # #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uuser
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash env variable containing @

I want to set a bash env variable which has @ in its name, for example, @YOGESH@ may i know how do i do this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yogesh Sawant
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PWD env variable

Could you please tell me, which process / file is responsible for the setting of PWD env variable in Solaris Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chaandana
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Env Variable

Hi, I have a doubt on Environment variable. I want to know where and when the envirnment variables are defined? Thanks & Regards, Siba (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt on ENV variable

Question 1: If I set ENV=$HOME/myenvprofile.ksh, will my script get executed when ever I login to my with KSH. My doubt is we used to put this in .profile of our home directory. SO when ever I login will it executed? QUestion 2: If I set ENV=`echo "hi"` or 'echo "hi" ', what would be the output.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkrix
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

get env variable from last script

I have 2 scripts t2.sh calls t1.sh. I need to get the vaule of a env variable from t1.sh /tmp/test$ cat t1.sh #!/bin/sh INSTANCE="font/fc-cache" export INSTANCE svcadm disable ${INSTANCE} /tmp/test$ cat t2.sh #!/bin/sh . /tmp/test/t1.sh echo ${INSTANCE} The above works... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Env variable

Hello, I want to cange env variable on SunOS. I tried: export GONGA=$GONGA:/users/BANK1/basic/queues/SARON_SPACE1 it changed it only localy for my session. when i opened a new session (telnet etc') the old value exist. How can I change it to effact all sessions. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LiorAmitai
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Env variable in solaris

Hi, Am installing SAP on Solaris 10. How to set env variables permanently? Reg (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: daggupati453
0 Replies
install::TempContent::Objects::mod_perl-2.0.9::docs::apiUseraContributinstall::TempContent::Objects::mod_perl-2.0.9::docs::api::Apache2::Status(3)

NAME
Apache2::Status - Embedded interpreter status information Synopsis <Location /perl-status> # disallow public access Order Deny, Allow Deny from all Allow from 127.0.0.1 SetHandler modperl PerlOptions +GlobalRequest PerlResponseHandler Apache2::Status </Location> or <Location /perl-status> # disallow public access Order Deny, Allow Deny from all Allow from 127.0.0.1 SetHandler perl-script PerlResponseHandler Apache2::Status </Location> Description The "Apache2::Status" module provides some information about the status of the Perl interpreter embedded in the server. Configure like so: <Location /perl-status> # disallow public access Order Deny, Allow Deny from all Allow from 127.0.0.1 SetHandler modperl PerlOptions +GlobalRequest PerlResponseHandler Apache2::Status </Location> Notice that under the "modperl" core handler the Environment menu option will show only the environment under that handler. To see the environment seen by handlers running under the "perl-script" core handler, configure "Apache2::Status" as: <Location /perl-status> # disallow public access Order Deny, Allow Deny from all Allow from 127.0.0.1 SetHandler perl-script PerlResponseHandler Apache2::Status </Location> Other modules can "plugin" a menu item like so: require Apache2::Module; Apache2::Status->menu_item( 'DBI' => "DBI connections", #item for Apache::DBI module sub { my ($r, $q) = @_; #request and CGI objects my (@strings); push @strings, "blobs of html"; return @strings; #return an array ref } ) if Apache2::Module::loaded('Apache2::Status'); WARNING: "Apache2::Status" must be loaded before these modules via the "PerlModule" or "PerlRequire" directives (or from startup.pl). A very common setup might be: Perl Module B::TerseSize <Location /perl-status> SetHandler perl-script PerlResponseHandler Apache2::Status PerlSetVar StatusOptionsAll On PerlSetVar StatusDeparseOptions "-p -sC" </Location> due to the implementation of Apache2::Status::noh_fileline in B::TerseSize, you must load B::TerseSize first. Options "StatusOptionsAll" This single directive will enable all of the options described below. PerlSetVar StatusOptionsAll On "StatusDumper" When browsing symbol tables, the values of arrays, hashes and scalars can be viewed via "Data::Dumper" if this configuration variable is set to "On": PerlSetVar StatusDumper On "StatusPeek" With this option "On" and the "Apache::Peek" module installed, functions and variables can be viewed ala "Devel::Peek" style: PerlSetVar StatusPeek On "StatusLexInfo" With this option "On" and the "B::LexInfo" module installed, subroutine lexical variable information can be viewed. PerlSetVar StatusLexInfo On "StatusDeparse" With this option "On" subroutines can be "deparsed". PerlSetVar StatusDeparse On Options can be passed to "B::Deparse::new" like so: PerlSetVar StatusDeparseOptions "-p -sC" See the "B::Deparse" manpage for details. "StatusTerse" With this option "On", text-based op tree graphs of subroutines can be displayed, thanks to "B::Terse". PerlSetVar StatusTerse On "StatusTerseSize" With this option "On" and the "B::TerseSize" module installed, text-based op tree graphs of subroutines and their size can be displayed. See the "B::TerseSize" docs for more info. PerlSetVar StatusTerseSize On "StatusTerseSizeMainSummary" With this option "On" and the "B::TerseSize" module installed, a "Memory Usage" will be added to the "Apache2::Status" main menu. This option is disabled by default, as it can be rather cpu intensive to summarize memory usage for the entire server. It is strongly suggested that this option only be used with a development server running in "-X" mode, as the results will be cached. PerlSetVar StatusTerseSizeMainSummary On "StatusGraph" When "StatusDumper" is enabled, another link "OP Tree Graph" will be present with the dump if this configuration variable is set to "On": PerlSetVar StatusGraph This requires the B module (part of the Perl compiler kit) and "B::Graph" (version 0.03 or higher) module to be installed along with the "dot" program. Dot is part of the graph visualization toolkit from AT&T: http://www.graphviz.org/. WARNING: Some graphs may produce very large images, some graphs may produce no image if "B::Graph"'s output is incorrect. "Dot" Location of the dot program for "StatusGraph", if other than /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin "GraphDir" Directory where "StatusGraph" should write it's temporary image files. Default is "$ServerRoot/logs/b_graphs". Prerequisites The "Devel::Symdump" module, version 2.00 or higher. Other optional functionality requirements: "B::Deparse" - 0.59, "B::Fathom" - 0.05, ""B::Graph"" - 0.03. Copyright mod_perl 2.0 and its core modules are copyrighted under The Apache Software License, Version 2.0. See Also perl(1), Apache(3), Devel::Symdump(3), Data::Dumper(3), B(3), "B::Graph"(3), mod_perl 2.0 documentation. Authors Doug MacEachern with contributions from Stas Bekman perl v5.18.2 20install::TempContent::Objects::mod_perl-2.0.9::docs::api::Apache2::Status(3)