Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SSH transfer script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SSH transfer script Post 302591858 by r0bby on Saturday 21st of January 2012 03:53:20 AM
Old 01-21-2012
Fully agree , rsync (maybe over ssh) is the solution.
This User Gave Thanks to r0bby For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer script.

Hi folks, I have written down transfer script , which actually reads the file name from input and FTP the file to other server . there are following things I am looking for - our files name are with sequential number like in our server file is placed with combination filename+data+seq... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khan1978
1 Replies

2. AIX

How to use SSH Secure File Transfer tool from windows to AIX without password?

If I use SSh Secure File Transfer tool on Windows, I want to transfer file from windows to AIX without password, how to do it? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH : File transfer

We have tow servers.One Linux server (A) and one unix server (B). How can i set up so that files can be sftped from A to B. Please let me know the steps (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
4 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Central Location for all ssh Keys and Settings Unattended Secure File Transfer

I am developing an application that submits command line file transfers using ssh (Sun to Sun) and Tectia ssh (Sun to Windows Server) embedded in the code. Potentially many different trusted people will start the programs. Is there a way to have all the settings and keys localized so that there is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: PowersThatB
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using ssh to transfer file not working inside if-condition

Hi all, ssh uname@remote_server 'cat /tmp/remote_file_name > home_dir/a512386/new/local_file_name' The above given command is working fine. but if i try to move the file only if exists in the remote server i.e) giving the same within if condition it executes but the file is not stored in my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shri123
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating file transfer between two SSH enabled server.

Hi Experts, Few more words to the title, both the servers are ssh enabled but I have read only access to the second server, so I cannot automate SFTP process using RSA/DSA keys. I am using Control M to trigger the script and do not want any manual intervention to enter the password to complete... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nchourasiya
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to transfer files

Hi, I am new to scripting, I need to write a script to transfer .TXT files from Server A (ftp) to Server B. Once the files in server B i need to transfer it to server C (sftp). (not transfer of files directly from server A to Server C ) Thanks! Regards Sendhil ---------- Post updated at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sendhil.Kumaran
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

A Script On Transfer Time

I wanna make a shell script that calculates the total time spent on copying a file. Script will simply copy a file using cp command or maybe wget.. Which commands i can use to get the time details of a file? thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mhnds
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH SSH encountered 1 errors during the transfer

This issue was resolved due to using the correct user transferring the file over to the desktop. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Computergal2104
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ssh script to validate ssh connection to multiple serves with status

Hi, I want to validate ssh connection one after one for multiple servers..... password less keys already setup but now i want to validate if ssh is working fine or not... I have .sh script like below and i have servers.txt contains all the list of servers #/bin/bash for host in $(cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeram4
3 Replies
rsync_selinux(8)					rsync Selinux Policy documentation					  rsync_selinux(8)

NAME
rsync_selinux - Security Enhanced Linux Policy for the rsync daemon DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux secures the rsync server via flexible mandatory access control. FILE_CONTEXTS SELinux requires files to have an extended attribute to define the file type. Policy governs the access daemons have to these files. If you want to share files using the rsync daemon, you must label the files and directories public_content_t. So if you created a special directory /var/rsync, you would need to label the directory with the chcon tool. chcon -t public_content_t /var/rsync To make this change permanent (survive a relabel), use the semanage command to add the change to file context configuration: semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_t "/var/rsync(/.*)?" This command adds the following entry to /etc/selinux/POLICYTYPE/contexts/files/file_contexts.local: /var/rsync(/.*)? system_u:object_r:publix_content_t:s0 Run the restorecon command to apply the changes: restorecon -R -v /var/rsync/ SHARING FILES
If you want to share files with multiple domains (Apache, FTP, rsync, Samba), you can set a file context of public_content_t and pub- lic_content_rw_t. These context allow any of the above domains to read the content. If you want a particular domain to write to the pub- lic_content_rw_t domain, you must set the appropriate boolean. allow_DOMAIN_anon_write. So for rsync you would execute: setsebool -P allow_rsync_anon_write=1 BOOLEANS
system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), rsync(1), chcon(1), setsebool(8), semanage(8) dwalsh@redhat.com 17 Jan 2005 rsync_selinux(8)