Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Upgrading Power5 from 5.3 to... Post 302591832 by redi on Friday 20th of January 2012 08:05:39 PM
Old 01-20-2012
No, I would prefer to take it as it sits on AIX 5.3 directly to AIX 7, (i.e. not an interim TL) if that is something that works, if it a simple process. This is not a full time job.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Problem with knlist in AIX 5.3 for Power5 processor

Hi all, I have a AIX 5.3 Installation on the Power5 processor. I am using the knlist API for getting the details of the CPU details like user cpu, kernel cpu, idle cpu and wait cpu. My code is working fine on other Installations of AIX like PowerPC_POWER4 but it is giving wrong values on Power5... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesht
0 Replies

2. AIX

Upgrading from 5.1.0.0 to 5.2.0.0

As a fairly new Administrator to AIX i am a little leary of the OS upgrade I need to do on one of our servers. I have already upgraded the microcode to the lastest level and now need to do the OS. I have the docs and discs from IBM and have determined that I dont want to do a new installation but... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Target
5 Replies

3. AIX

Turn off System attention light on POWER5 model p5 55A ?

Hi, Because of previous error System attention light(yellow exclamation mark) is on. How do I turn it off ? thanks Vilius (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
2 Replies

4. AIX

Upgrading OS from 5.2 to 5.3

We currently have test and production servers running AIX 5.2, DB2 8.1(Prod), DB2 8.2(Test),Websphere 6.1 on both. We need to upgrade to DB2 to version 9, but to do that we also need to upgrade the operating system to 5.3 and go from 32 bit kernel to 64 bit kernal. Looking for information on any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
3 Replies

5. AIX

IBM pSeries Power5 9111-285 1,9 GHz

Hi , I am planing to buy IBM pSeries Power5 9111-285 1,9 GHz but I am confused with few things. I would be happy if you could clear it up for me ? 1.Do I have to buy some license in order to create Lpars ? 2.Do I have to buy some license in order to use HMC , micro - partiocioning , VIOS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phobus
4 Replies

6. AIX

running LPAR on power5 p520 hardware

picked up an old p520..and also spend sometimes to manage software: a) AIX 7.1 b) VIOS Server 2.2 attempting to run a few LPARs without much more $$$$, as this is a home-made projects.. machine hdisk0, pre-installed with AIX 7.1 a few questions: a) In order to run LPARs, I will... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
7 Replies

7. AIX

POWER5+ 2.1Gz cpu wattage ?

Hello, What is wattage of POWER5+ 2.1Gz CPU ? It's dual-core 90nm chip. At least approximately ? thanks, Vilius (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
1 Replies

8. AIX

Power5 9133-55A Serial Console connection issue

Hey All, Trying to connect to the Power5 9133-55A serial console using a serial-to-usb converter (RS232). The other end is connected via null modem. Tried minicom, putty and other Linux utilities, no luck. The serial device shows up as /dev/ttyUSB0. Tried 9600 8N1 XON/XOFF, no luck. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
6 Replies

9. AIX

Power5 9111-520 reload of AIX 6.1 - help needed

Hello all, I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction here. We had a machine running AIX 6.1 that someone completely corrupted, so we decided to re-load it from media. I was able to boot into DVD media, select options for complete (destructive) install, AIX standard, etc. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesNJ
0 Replies

10. AIX

AIX 6.1, POWER5 and Spectre/Meltdown

Apologies for this newbie question. We have inherited an IBM p5 520 (9111-520) running AIX 6.1.0.0 which seems to be the base install and no further patches installed. Is this vulnerable to the Spectre/Meltdown threat? Are patches available? Looks like AIX 6.1.0.0 went 'end of support' in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_garbage
8 Replies
db_upgrade(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					     db_upgrade(1)

NAME
db_upgrade SYNOPSIS
db_upgrade [-NsV] [-h home] [-P password] file ... DESCRIPTION
The db_upgrade utility upgrades the Berkeley DB version of one or more files and the databases they contain to the current release version. The options are as follows: -h Specify a home directory for the database environment; by default, the current working directory is used. -N Do not acquire shared region mutexes while running. Other problems, such as potentially fatal errors in Berkeley DB, will be ignored as well. This option is intended only for debugging errors, and should not be used under any other circumstances. -P Specify an environment password. Although Berkeley DB utilities overwrite password strings as soon as possible, be aware there may be a window of vulnerability on systems where unprivileged users can see command-line arguments or where utilities are not able to overwrite the memory containing the command-line arguments. -s This flag is only meaningful when upgrading databases from releases before the Berkeley DB 3.1 release. As part of the upgrade from the Berkeley DB 3.0 release to the 3.1 release, the on-disk format of duplicate data items changed. To cor- rectly upgrade the format requires that applications specify whether duplicate data items in the database are sorted or not. Specifying the -s flag means that the duplicates are sorted; otherwise, they are assumed to be unsorted. Incorrectly specifying the value of this flag may lead to database corruption. Because the db_upgrade utility upgrades a physical file (including all the databases it contains), it is not possible to use db_upgrade to upgrade files where some of the databases it includes have sorted duplicate data items, and some of the databases it includes have unsorted duplicate data items. If the file does not have more than a single database, if the databases do not support duplicate data items, or if all the databases that support duplicate data items support the same style of duplicates (either sorted or unsorted), db_upgrade will work correctly as long as the -s flag is correctly specified. Otherwise, the file cannot be upgraded using db_upgrade, and must be upgraded manually using the db_dump and db_load utilities. -V Write the library version number to the standard output, and exit. It is important to realize that Berkeley DB database upgrades are done in place, and so are potentially destructive. This means that if the system crashes during the upgrade procedure, or if the upgrade procedure runs out of disk space, the databases may be left in an inconsistent and unrecoverable state. See Upgrading databases for more information. The db_upgrade utility may be used with a Berkeley DB environment (as described for the -h option, the environment variable DB_HOME, or because the utility was run in a directory containing a Berkeley DB environment). In order to avoid environment corruption when using a Berkeley DB environment, db_upgrade should always be given the chance to detach from the environment and exit gracefully. To cause db_upgrade to release all environment resources and exit cleanly, send it an interrupt signal (SIGINT). The db_upgrade utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. ENVIRONMENT
DB_HOME If the -h option is not specified and the environment variable DB_HOME is set, it is used as the path of the database home, as described in DB_ENV->open. SEE ALSO
db_archive(1), db_checkpoint(1), db_deadlock(1), db_dump(1), db_load(1), db_printlog(1), db_recover(1), db_stat(1), db_verify(1) Darwin December 3, 2003 Darwin