Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Upgrading Power5 from 5.3 to... Post 302591832 by redi on Friday 20th of January 2012 08:05:39 PM
Old 01-20-2012
No, I would prefer to take it as it sits on AIX 5.3 directly to AIX 7, (i.e. not an interim TL) if that is something that works, if it a simple process. This is not a full time job.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Problem with knlist in AIX 5.3 for Power5 processor

Hi all, I have a AIX 5.3 Installation on the Power5 processor. I am using the knlist API for getting the details of the CPU details like user cpu, kernel cpu, idle cpu and wait cpu. My code is working fine on other Installations of AIX like PowerPC_POWER4 but it is giving wrong values on Power5... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesht
0 Replies

2. AIX

Upgrading from 5.1.0.0 to 5.2.0.0

As a fairly new Administrator to AIX i am a little leary of the OS upgrade I need to do on one of our servers. I have already upgraded the microcode to the lastest level and now need to do the OS. I have the docs and discs from IBM and have determined that I dont want to do a new installation but... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Target
5 Replies

3. AIX

Turn off System attention light on POWER5 model p5 55A ?

Hi, Because of previous error System attention light(yellow exclamation mark) is on. How do I turn it off ? thanks Vilius (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
2 Replies

4. AIX

Upgrading OS from 5.2 to 5.3

We currently have test and production servers running AIX 5.2, DB2 8.1(Prod), DB2 8.2(Test),Websphere 6.1 on both. We need to upgrade to DB2 to version 9, but to do that we also need to upgrade the operating system to 5.3 and go from 32 bit kernel to 64 bit kernal. Looking for information on any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
3 Replies

5. AIX

IBM pSeries Power5 9111-285 1,9 GHz

Hi , I am planing to buy IBM pSeries Power5 9111-285 1,9 GHz but I am confused with few things. I would be happy if you could clear it up for me ? 1.Do I have to buy some license in order to create Lpars ? 2.Do I have to buy some license in order to use HMC , micro - partiocioning , VIOS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phobus
4 Replies

6. AIX

running LPAR on power5 p520 hardware

picked up an old p520..and also spend sometimes to manage software: a) AIX 7.1 b) VIOS Server 2.2 attempting to run a few LPARs without much more $$$$, as this is a home-made projects.. machine hdisk0, pre-installed with AIX 7.1 a few questions: a) In order to run LPARs, I will... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
7 Replies

7. AIX

POWER5+ 2.1Gz cpu wattage ?

Hello, What is wattage of POWER5+ 2.1Gz CPU ? It's dual-core 90nm chip. At least approximately ? thanks, Vilius (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
1 Replies

8. AIX

Power5 9133-55A Serial Console connection issue

Hey All, Trying to connect to the Power5 9133-55A serial console using a serial-to-usb converter (RS232). The other end is connected via null modem. Tried minicom, putty and other Linux utilities, no luck. The serial device shows up as /dev/ttyUSB0. Tried 9600 8N1 XON/XOFF, no luck. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
6 Replies

9. AIX

Power5 9111-520 reload of AIX 6.1 - help needed

Hello all, I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction here. We had a machine running AIX 6.1 that someone completely corrupted, so we decided to re-load it from media. I was able to boot into DVD media, select options for complete (destructive) install, AIX standard, etc. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesNJ
0 Replies

10. AIX

AIX 6.1, POWER5 and Spectre/Meltdown

Apologies for this newbie question. We have inherited an IBM p5 520 (9111-520) running AIX 6.1.0.0 which seems to be the base install and no further patches installed. Is this vulnerable to the Spectre/Meltdown threat? Are patches available? Looks like AIX 6.1.0.0 went 'end of support' in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_garbage
8 Replies
pbs_resources_aix4(7B)							PBS						    pbs_resources_aix4(7B)

NAME
pbs_resources_aix4 - pbs Resources on IBM AIX 4 DESCRIPTION
This page summarizes the resources supported by PBS for IBM systems running AIX version 4. These resources are specified for jobs by including them in the -l option argument on the qsub or qalter command or in the PBS job script. RESOURCES
cput Maximum amount of CPU time used by all processes in the job. Units: time. file The largest size of any single file that may be created by the job. Units: size. mem Maximum amount of physical memory (workingset) used by the job. Units: size. vmem Maximum amount of virtual memory used by all concurrent processes in the job. Units: size. nice The nice value under which the job is to be run. Units: unitary. pcput Maximum amount of CPU time used by any single process in the job. Units: time. pmem Maximum amount of physical memory (workingset) used by any single process of the job. Units: size. pvmem Maximum amount of virtual memory used by any single process in the job. Units: size. walltime Maximum amount of real time during which the job can be in the running state. Units: time. arch Specifies the administrator defined system architecture requried. This defaults to whatever the PBS_MACH string is set to in "local.mk". Units: string. host Name of host on which job should be run. This resource is provided for use by the site's scheduling policy. The allowable val- ues and effect on job placement is site dependent. Units: string. nodes Number and/or type of nodes to be reserved for exclusive use by the job. The value is one or more node_specs joined with the '+' character, "node_spec[+node_spec...]. Each node_spec is an number of nodes required of the type declared in the node_spec and a name or one or more properity or properities desired for the nodes. The number, the name, and each properity in the node_spec are separated by a colon ':'. If no number is specified, one(1) is assumed. Units: string. The name of a node is its hostname. The properities of nodes are: . ppn=# specifying the number of processors per node requested. Defaults to 1. . arbitrary string assigned by the system administrator, please check with your administrator as to the node names and properi- ties available to you. Examples: . To ask for 12 nodes of any type: -l nodes=12 . To ask for 2 "server" nodes and 14 other nodes (a total of 16): -l nodes=2:server+14 The above consist of two node_specs "2:server" and "14". . To ask for (a) 1 node that is a "server" and has a "hippi" interface, (b) 10 nodes that are not servers, and (c) 3 nodes that have a large amount of memory an have hippi: -l nodes=server:hippi+10:noserver+3:bigmem:hippi . To ask for three nodes by name: -l nodes=b2005+b1803+b1813 . To ask for 2 processors on each of four nodes: -l nodes=4:ppn=2 . To ask for 4 processors on one node: -l nodes=1:ppn=4 . To ask for 2 processors on each of two blue nodes and three processors on one red node: -l nodes=2:blue:ppn=2+red:ppn=3 host Allows a user to specify the desired execution location. This resource is provided for use by the site's scheduling policy. The allowable values and effect on job placement is site dependent. Units: string. other Allows a user to specify site specific information. This resource is provided for use by the site's scheduling policy. The allowable values and effect on job placement is site dependent. Units: string. software Allows a user to specify software required by the job. This is useful if certain software packages are only available on cer- tain systems in the site. This resource is provided for use by the site's scheduling policy. The allowable values and effect on job placement is site dependent. Units: string. EXAMPLES
qsub -l nodes=15,walltime=2:00:00 script or in a qsub script as a directive: #PBS -l nodes=15,walltime=2:00:00 qsub -l cput=1:00:00,walltime=2:00:00,file=50gb,mem=15mb script qalter -lcput=30:00,pmem=8mb 123.jobid or in a qsub script as a directive: #PBS -l cput=1:00:00,walltime=2:00:00,file=50gb,mem=15mb RESOURCE UNITS
The resource values take the following units: time specifies a maximum time period the resource can be used. Time is expressed in seconds as an integer, or in the form: [[hours:]minutes:]seconds[.milliseconds] size specifies the maximum amount in terms of bytes or words. It is expressed in the form integer[suffix] The suffix is a multiplier defined in the following table, The size of a word is the word size on the execution host. b or w bytes or words. kb or kw Kilo(1024) bytes or words. mb or mw Mega (1,048,576) bytes or words. gb or gw Giga (1,073,741,824) bytes or words. unitary The maximum amount of a resource which is expressed as a simple integer. SEE ALSO
the PBS ERS, qsub(1B), qalter(1B), pbs_submit(3B), pbs_alterjob(3B), pbs_statjob(3b) pbs_resources_irix5(7B), pbs_resources_sp2(7B), pbs_resources_sunos4(7B), pbs_resources_unicos8(7B) Local pbs_resources_aix4(7B)