Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Upgrading Power5 from 5.3 to... Post 302591824 by redi on Friday 20th of January 2012 06:45:43 PM
Old 01-20-2012
I think that was the question:

Any issues with going 5.3 directly to 7?

Or would it be less problems to go 5.3 to 6, and then later to 7?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Problem with knlist in AIX 5.3 for Power5 processor

Hi all, I have a AIX 5.3 Installation on the Power5 processor. I am using the knlist API for getting the details of the CPU details like user cpu, kernel cpu, idle cpu and wait cpu. My code is working fine on other Installations of AIX like PowerPC_POWER4 but it is giving wrong values on Power5... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesht
0 Replies

2. AIX

Upgrading from 5.1.0.0 to 5.2.0.0

As a fairly new Administrator to AIX i am a little leary of the OS upgrade I need to do on one of our servers. I have already upgraded the microcode to the lastest level and now need to do the OS. I have the docs and discs from IBM and have determined that I dont want to do a new installation but... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Target
5 Replies

3. AIX

Turn off System attention light on POWER5 model p5 55A ?

Hi, Because of previous error System attention light(yellow exclamation mark) is on. How do I turn it off ? thanks Vilius (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
2 Replies

4. AIX

Upgrading OS from 5.2 to 5.3

We currently have test and production servers running AIX 5.2, DB2 8.1(Prod), DB2 8.2(Test),Websphere 6.1 on both. We need to upgrade to DB2 to version 9, but to do that we also need to upgrade the operating system to 5.3 and go from 32 bit kernel to 64 bit kernal. Looking for information on any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
3 Replies

5. AIX

IBM pSeries Power5 9111-285 1,9 GHz

Hi , I am planing to buy IBM pSeries Power5 9111-285 1,9 GHz but I am confused with few things. I would be happy if you could clear it up for me ? 1.Do I have to buy some license in order to create Lpars ? 2.Do I have to buy some license in order to use HMC , micro - partiocioning , VIOS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phobus
4 Replies

6. AIX

running LPAR on power5 p520 hardware

picked up an old p520..and also spend sometimes to manage software: a) AIX 7.1 b) VIOS Server 2.2 attempting to run a few LPARs without much more $$$$, as this is a home-made projects.. machine hdisk0, pre-installed with AIX 7.1 a few questions: a) In order to run LPARs, I will... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
7 Replies

7. AIX

POWER5+ 2.1Gz cpu wattage ?

Hello, What is wattage of POWER5+ 2.1Gz CPU ? It's dual-core 90nm chip. At least approximately ? thanks, Vilius (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
1 Replies

8. AIX

Power5 9133-55A Serial Console connection issue

Hey All, Trying to connect to the Power5 9133-55A serial console using a serial-to-usb converter (RS232). The other end is connected via null modem. Tried minicom, putty and other Linux utilities, no luck. The serial device shows up as /dev/ttyUSB0. Tried 9600 8N1 XON/XOFF, no luck. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
6 Replies

9. AIX

Power5 9111-520 reload of AIX 6.1 - help needed

Hello all, I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction here. We had a machine running AIX 6.1 that someone completely corrupted, so we decided to re-load it from media. I was able to boot into DVD media, select options for complete (destructive) install, AIX standard, etc. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesNJ
0 Replies

10. AIX

AIX 6.1, POWER5 and Spectre/Meltdown

Apologies for this newbie question. We have inherited an IBM p5 520 (9111-520) running AIX 6.1.0.0 which seems to be the base install and no further patches installed. Is this vulnerable to the Spectre/Meltdown threat? Are patches available? Looks like AIX 6.1.0.0 went 'end of support' in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_garbage
8 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::Question(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question record SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Question; $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); DESCRIPTION
A Net::DNS::Question object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10', 'PTR', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10'); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. One or both type and class arguments may be omitted and will assume the default values shown above. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in both in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa namespaces. decode $question = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); ($question, $offset) = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); Decodes the question record at the specified location within a DNS wire-format packet. The first argument is a reference to the buffer containing the packet data. The second argument is the offset of the start of the question record. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. An exception is raised if the object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). encode $data = $question->encode( $offset, $hash ); Returns the Net::DNS::Question in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet buffer. The optional arguments are the offset within the packet data where the Net::DNS::Question is to be stored and a reference to a hash table used to index compressed names within the packet. name $name = $question->name; Internationalised domain name corresponding to the qname attribute. Decoding non-ASCII domain names is computationally expensive and undesirable for names which are likely to be used to construct further queries. When required to communicate with humans, the 'proper' domain name should be extracted from a query or reply packet. $query = new Net::DNS::Packet( $example, 'ANY' ); $reply = $resolver->send($query) or die; ($question) = $reply->question; $name = $question->name; qname, zname $qname = $question->qname; $zname = $question->zname; Canonical ASCII domain name as required for the query subject transmitted to a nameserver. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zname() and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype $qtype = $question->qtype; $ztype = $question->ztype; Returns the question type attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as ztype() and refers to the zone type. qclass, zclass $qclass = $question->qclass; $zclass = $question->zclass; Returns the question class attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zclass() and refers to the zone class. print $object->print; Prints the record to the standard output. Calls the string() method to get the string representation. string print "string = ", $question->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c)2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c)2003,2006-2011 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::DomainName, Net::DNS::Packet, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.18.2 2014-01-16 Net::DNS::Question(3)