Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: nested if else -error
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting nested if else -error Post 302591677 by rishi.aradhya on Friday 20th of January 2012 10:14:46 AM
Old 01-20-2012
Hi Jean-Pierre,
executed the script as you told, output is,
Code:
+ ./test.sh
+ echo -e 'Want dryrun OR merge: \n '
Want dryrun OR merge: 

+ read var1
dryrun
+ [[ dryrun != dryrun ]]
+ echo -e ' Give me the release.bom file URL \n'
 Give me the release.bom file URL 

+ read var2
https://svn.xxxx.com/repos/xx/Releases/Delivery/Project13/release.bom
+ wget --no-check-certificate --user=USER --password=Password https://svn.xxxx.com/repos/xx/Releases/Delivery/Project13/release.bom
--07:05:38--  https://svn.xxxx.com/repos/xx/Releases/Delivery/Project13/release.bom
Resolving svn.xxxx.com... x.x.x.x
Connecting to svn.xxxx.com|x.x.x.x|:443... connected.
WARNING: Certificate verification error for svn.xxxx.com: unable to get local issuer certificate
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 
coppied => `release.bom.'
+ IFS=/
+ read -a ARRAY
+ var3=Project13
+ echo -e ' \n You want only Projects branched out to Project13 OR the whole branch merge \n '

You want only Projects branched out to Project13 OR the whole branch merge 

+ read var4
Project13
+ '[' Project13 == Project13 ']'
+ '[' dryrun = dryrun ']'
+ sed -n '/$var3/p'
+ awk '{print $2;}'
+ sed -n 's/https/svn merge -r xxxx:HEAD https/g'
+ sed -n 's/$var3/$var3 --dry-run/g'

Thanks,
Rishi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested Arrays

Hi, I'm trying to implement nested arrays in ksh. i've the follwing arrays SRV=\ "SRV1 "\ "SRV2 " SRV1=\ "MD11 "\ "MD12 " SRV2=\ "MD21 "\ "MD22 " MD11=\ "ABC " (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: guysporty
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Nested If question

if ]; then if ]; then rm -f ${LOGFILE}.old fi mv ${LOGFILE} ${LOGFILE}.old fi Havent done nested ifs in a while. I'm reading someones code If I'm reading this correctly. It checks for the logfile, and if it exists it checks for the old logfile and if that exists, it removes the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Nested If statement within Do / Done

Hi all! I'm really hoping you can help me out here; now i have searched and searched and have at least worked out that you can't have a nested if statement with a 'done' in it (as i have) as you're killing the parent before the child. So here's what i have, and here's hoping someone can help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dalgibbard
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested If condition

Hi I have a requirement to create a 2 folder based on there existance if then cd $var_name if then cd $var_name3 mv -fi *.* $var_TargetPath/$var_name/$var_name3 else mkdir -p "$var_name3" chmod 755 "$var_name3" mv -fi *.* $var_TargetPath/$var_name/$var_name3 else mkdir... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: magesh_bala
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while implementing nested if

considering all variables like S01DEPOSITS will return numbers, i am trying to execute below statement if ] then echo "Queue DEP" fi while executing above if statement i am getting error as if : Syntax error at line 100 : `"$1"' is not expected. pls help as soon as possible thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagarrd
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Intermittent "cp: cannot stat" error with nested loop

I have a bash script that has been running (on SUSE 9.3) dozens of times over the past couple of years without error. Recently it has been hitting intermittent “cp: cannot stat FILE: No such file or directory” errors. The script has nested loops that continuously process files in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcart
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

two while nested loops

for server in $(echo `cat /tmp/ScanHosts_${USERSNAME}.TXT`) do for portnumber in $(echo `cat /tmp/ScanPorts_${USERSNAME}.TXT`) do #echo ${server} ${portnumber} ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mv: cannot access error after nested while loop

I have two methods...create_2_54 and create_2_55 I have added a nested while loop(previously it has just one loop) in create_2_54 the mv command(which comes first in 2_55) is not working. for name in `ls -1 1SMH_WICD_V5_2_5*.txt` ; do mv $name $nametmp.tmp unix2dos -ascii -437 $nametmp.tmp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harish468
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested if else

Hi, i m trying to create script which logic is like below. if ; then x=`cat /tmp/testoutput.log | grep STOP | wc -l` y=`cat /tmp/testoutput.log | grep RUN | wc -l` if ; then echo "process stop" if ; then echo "process running " else echo "file not found" fi ----------------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tapia
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error with nested if within an sqlplus task inside

Hi ALL, I am receving a "strange" error using a nested if within an sql operation inside: ./dom.ksh: syntax error at line 80 : `then' unmatched This is all my script code: in bold the step receiving the error. Any help would really aprrecieted ......! **** I have tried all the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AndreaCecco
2 Replies
SVN-ALL-FAST-EXPORT(1)					      General Commands Manual					    SVN-ALL-FAST-EXPORT(1)

NAME
svn-all-fast-export - tool to convert svn repositories into git SYNOPSIS
svn-all-fast-export [options] [Path to subversion repository] DESCRIPTION
svn-all-fast-export is a tool to convert your svn repositories to git. You will need to have a copy of your svn repository and to write some rules to specify how the conversion will be done, for instance, you can manage how the tags and branches will be managed writing the appropriate rules. You have examples in /usr/share/doc/svn-all-fast- export/samples Path to subversion repository is a backup copy of the subversion repository. Note that an svn url will not work due to the undistributed nature of svn. OPTIONS
--identity-map Provide map between svn username and email. You can provide a file mapping the old svn accounts to the authors names. This file must have a line per each svn account, you can use either the svn-all-fast-export native format: janesvnaccountname Jane Doe <jane.doe@example.com> or the git-svn format: janesvnaccountname = Jane Doe <jane.doe@example.com> --revisions-file Provide a file with revisions numbers that should be processed. This file should have one revision number per line. --rules The rules file that determines what goes where. See /usr/share/doc/svn-all-fast-export/samples --add-metadata If passed, each git commit will have svn commit info. --resume-from Start importing at svn revision number. --max-rev Stop importing at svn revision number. --dry-run Don't actually write anything. --debug-rules Print what rule is being used for each file. --commit-interval number If passed the cache will be flushed to git every number of commits. --stats After a run, print some statistics. --svn-branches Use the content of SVN when creating branches, Note: SVN tags are branches as well. -h, --help Show summary of options. -v, --version Show version of program. RETURN VALUES
This program returns 0 on success, on error something else (numbers in base 10): 10 unrecognized option or missing argument 11 no rules file specified BUGS
All matching rules need to end with a '/', else the tool will crash at some point. The only exception are the rules using the recurse- action. HOMEPAGE
http://gitorious.org/svn2git SEE ALSO
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/MoveToGit/UsingSvn2Git AUTHORS
svn-all-fast-export was written by Thiago Macieira and Thomas Zander. April 25, 2010 SVN-ALL-FAST-EXPORT(1)