Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Small linux distro for displaying advertisements/banners Post 302591650 by thegeek on Friday 20th of January 2012 09:25:38 AM
Old 01-20-2012
using the known distribution / family is better than searching for a suitable small distribution..

IMHO, If you know / used ubuntu / debian family systems earlier and have some experience, then it is good to stay in it.. bcoz if you go for some other flavor though most of them are similar - you will have spend time in finding out what is the proper method to do that .... blah blah blah !

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux distro

Hi I'm have old toshiba laptop(t1900) 486, 4mbRAM and ~120MB of hdd I'm looking for distro to suite my comp, no need for X windows but not enything that runs on FAT, just normal small Linux. Actually, *BSDs will do as well. If u know any distro that would do this I will be thankful for hint ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolk
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Copying a Linux distro from one partition to the other...

Hola. Here is how my partition table looks: Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System /dev/hde1 1 1689 13566861 7 HPFS/NTFS /dev/hde2 * 1690 2783 8787555 83 Linux /dev/hde3 2784 2813 240975 82 Linux swap /dev/hde4 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_Proper
5 Replies

3. AIX

A thing AIX would do it like no other Linux distro?

Hi, I would like to know, is there a thing that AIX would do it, and RHEL or SLES would not? Something specific and great in the same time. It might sound weird, but I'm very curios. Thanks a lot guys! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixn00b
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New to linux. Which distro should i use?

want to know which Linux distro is 4 me. want 2 teach my self programing and problem solving. i want to learn code and write code. i have an acer aspire one 2GB memory 160 GB HDD intel Atom. look im as noobie as it gets im a MS xp, vista boy want to go beyond graphical click and do... any help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BizilStank
1 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Creating a Linux Distro

I have been using Linux OS since 4 years and I'm very interested to know how to create a Linux Distro. I have heard about LFS. I would just like to know, what do I need to create a Linux Distro? I'm not a programmer, if I have to create a Linux Distro, what programming languages do I need to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Auzern
3 Replies

6. Linux

Best Linux desktop distro

I hate the fact that my first post is this. Anyhow, I've been using Linux distros such as Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian, openSUSE, and a few others for quite some time now. I've never had a problem with any distro, thus saying that they were all good in my opinion. I've been reading a lot on different... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vex
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help creating a custom linux distro

Hi all, for a while now I've been working on a linux distro and I'm a couple of tweaks away from it to be perfected so if any experts want to help me out please message me. Thanks in advance. (I know I've posted a similar thread on the same topic but it was closed due to an unhelpful title... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: allk
0 Replies

8. Linux

Best Linux Distro

Hello, I have a Compaq Presario v3000 5 year old laptop, with 1 GB RAM and currently running the (slow and stupid) Windows 7 32 bit, thus I would like to dual boot it with an appropriate distro of Linux that 1) Doesnt consume too much resources (1 GB RAM is not a lot of space) and it ll be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram
4 Replies

9. Open Source

What is your favorite Linux distro?

What is your favorite Linux distro? and possibly why? Personally, I have Fedora 3 on my computer. I have used Ubuntu and Slackware, too. But I think I liked Ubuntu more, maybe because of its speed and easy installation of packages. (192 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
192 Replies
radiusd.conf(5) 					   FreeRADIUS configuration file					   radiusd.conf(5)

NAME
radiusd.conf - configuration file for the FreeRADIUS server DESCRIPTION
The radiusd.conf file resides in the radius database directory, by default /etc/raddb. It defines the global configuration for the FreeRA- DIUS RADIUS server. CONTENTS
There are a large number of configuration parameters for the server. Most are documented in the file itself as comments. This page docu- ments only the format of the file. Please read the radiusd.conf file itself for more information. The configuration file parser is independent of the server configuration. This means that you can put almost anything into the configura- tion file. So long as it is properly formatted, the server will start. When the server parses the configuration file, it looks only for those configurations it understands. Extra configuration items are ignored. This "feature" can be (ab)used in certain interesting ways. FILE FORMAT
The file format is line-based, like many other Unix configuration files. Each entry in the file must be placed on a line by itself, although continuations are supported. The file consists of configuration items (variable = value pairs), sections, and comments. Variables Variables can be set via: name = value Single and double-quoted strings are permitted: string1 = "hello world" string2 = 'hello mom' Sections A section begins with a section name, followed on the same line by an open bracket '{'. Section may contain other sections, com- ments, or variables. Sections may be nested to any depth, limited only by available memory. A section ends with a close bracket '}', on a line by itself. section { ... } Sections can sometimes have a second name following the first one. The situations where this is legal depend on the context. See the examples and comments in the radiusd.conf file for more information. section foo { ... } Comments Any line beginning with a (#) is deemed to be a comment, and is ignored. Comments can appear after a variable or section defini- tions. # comment foo = bar # set variable 'foo' to value 'bar' section { # start of section ... } # end of section Continuations Long lines can be broken up via continuations, using '' as the last character of the line. For example, the following entry: foo = "blah blah blah" will set the value of the variable "foo" to "blah blah blah". Any CR or LF is not turned into a space, but all other whitespace is preserved in the final value. REFERENCES
The value of a variable can reference another variable. These references are evaluated when the configuration file is loaded, which means that there is no run-time cost associated with them. This feature is most useful for turning long, repeated pieces of text into short ones. Variables are referenced by ${variable_name}, as in the following examples. foo = bar # set variable 'foo' to value 'bar' who = ${foo} # sets variable 'who' to value of variable 'foo' my = "${foo} a" # sets variable 'my' to "bar a" If the variable exists in a section or subsection, it can be referenced as ${section.subsection.variable}. Forward references are not allowed. Relative references are allowed, by pre-pending the name with one or more period. blogs = ${.foo} Will set variable blogs to the value of variable foo, from the current section. blogs = ${..foo} Will set variable blogs to the value of variable foo, from the section which contains the current section. blogs = ${modules.detail.detailfile} Will set variable blogs to the value of variable detailfile, of the detail module, which is in the modules section of the configuration file. FILES
/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf SEE ALSO
radiusd(8) unlang(5) AUTHOR
Alan DeKok <aland@freeradius.org> 12 Jun 2007 radiusd.conf(5)