Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: nested if else -error
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting nested if else -error Post 302591647 by rishi.aradhya on Friday 20th of January 2012 09:18:21 AM
Old 01-20-2012
Hi Aigles,

Thanks for the quick reply. I added all the changes you mentioned.
But, its not working, still the same problem, script exits after line no 20.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested Arrays

Hi, I'm trying to implement nested arrays in ksh. i've the follwing arrays SRV=\ "SRV1 "\ "SRV2 " SRV1=\ "MD11 "\ "MD12 " SRV2=\ "MD21 "\ "MD22 " MD11=\ "ABC " (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: guysporty
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Nested If question

if ]; then if ]; then rm -f ${LOGFILE}.old fi mv ${LOGFILE} ${LOGFILE}.old fi Havent done nested ifs in a while. I'm reading someones code If I'm reading this correctly. It checks for the logfile, and if it exists it checks for the old logfile and if that exists, it removes the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Nested If statement within Do / Done

Hi all! I'm really hoping you can help me out here; now i have searched and searched and have at least worked out that you can't have a nested if statement with a 'done' in it (as i have) as you're killing the parent before the child. So here's what i have, and here's hoping someone can help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dalgibbard
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested If condition

Hi I have a requirement to create a 2 folder based on there existance if then cd $var_name if then cd $var_name3 mv -fi *.* $var_TargetPath/$var_name/$var_name3 else mkdir -p "$var_name3" chmod 755 "$var_name3" mv -fi *.* $var_TargetPath/$var_name/$var_name3 else mkdir... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: magesh_bala
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while implementing nested if

considering all variables like S01DEPOSITS will return numbers, i am trying to execute below statement if ] then echo "Queue DEP" fi while executing above if statement i am getting error as if : Syntax error at line 100 : `"$1"' is not expected. pls help as soon as possible thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagarrd
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Intermittent "cp: cannot stat" error with nested loop

I have a bash script that has been running (on SUSE 9.3) dozens of times over the past couple of years without error. Recently it has been hitting intermittent “cp: cannot stat FILE: No such file or directory” errors. The script has nested loops that continuously process files in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcart
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

two while nested loops

for server in $(echo `cat /tmp/ScanHosts_${USERSNAME}.TXT`) do for portnumber in $(echo `cat /tmp/ScanPorts_${USERSNAME}.TXT`) do #echo ${server} ${portnumber} ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mv: cannot access error after nested while loop

I have two methods...create_2_54 and create_2_55 I have added a nested while loop(previously it has just one loop) in create_2_54 the mv command(which comes first in 2_55) is not working. for name in `ls -1 1SMH_WICD_V5_2_5*.txt` ; do mv $name $nametmp.tmp unix2dos -ascii -437 $nametmp.tmp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harish468
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested if else

Hi, i m trying to create script which logic is like below. if ; then x=`cat /tmp/testoutput.log | grep STOP | wc -l` y=`cat /tmp/testoutput.log | grep RUN | wc -l` if ; then echo "process stop" if ; then echo "process running " else echo "file not found" fi ----------------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tapia
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error with nested if within an sqlplus task inside

Hi ALL, I am receving a "strange" error using a nested if within an sql operation inside: ./dom.ksh: syntax error at line 80 : `then' unmatched This is all my script code: in bold the step receiving the error. Any help would really aprrecieted ......! **** I have tried all the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AndreaCecco
2 Replies
DACSINIT(1)						       DACS Commands Manual						       DACSINIT(1)

NAME
dacsinit - Configure a minimal DACS federation interactively SYNOPSIS
dacsinit [-d] [-n] DESCRIPTION
This program is part of the DACS suite. The dacsinit command interactively creates a minimal DACS federation and jurisdiction. By default, the program uses the default paths that were established when DACS was built and the example paths used by dacs.quick(7)[1]. When prompted, typing Return/Enter selects the default value. It can also be used to create a configuration for a federation with one very basic jurisdiction based on names input to dacsinit. The resulting configuration can then be extended or customized manually. Note This program can be found in the distribution's src directory. It is not copied elsewhere during installation. OPTIONS
The following options are accepted: -d Avoid overwriting "real" files by appending a a suffix ("-xxx") to all files installed by this program. This is useful for debugging, but you must clean up these bogus files manually. -n Do not actually do anything, but print the actions that would be done. Can be used with -d. DIAGNOSTICS
The program exits 0 if everything was fine, 1 if an error occurred. SEE ALSO
dacs.quick(7)[1] AUTHOR
Distributed Systems Software (www.dss.ca[2]) COPYING
Copyright2003-2012 Distributed Systems Software. See the LICENSE[3] file that accompanies the distribution for licensing information. NOTES
1. dacs.quick(7) http://dacs.dss.ca/man/dacs.quick.7.html 2. www.dss.ca http://www.dss.ca 3. LICENSE http://dacs.dss.ca/man/../misc/LICENSE DACS 1.4.27b 10/22/2012 DACSINIT(1)