Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Nested if loop
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Nested if loop Post 302591597 by jayan_jay on Friday 20th of January 2012 03:57:10 AM
Old 01-20-2012
Expecting this ..??
Code:
if [ condition1 ]; then
   export 1
elif [ conidtion2 ]; then
   export 2
elif [ condition3 ]; then
   export 3
else
   export 4
fi

This User Gave Thanks to jayan_jay For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

nested loop

I have two do loops. When I break of the inner loop it doesn't go back to the outer loop but exit the program. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinog
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable in While Loop Nested If

Hi all, I'm having problems with the setting a variable in a nested if statement. It doesn't seem to change even if it mets the 'if' condition. My script essentially looks for a user name from the output from a kerberos command. When I find the user name, I tried to change a variable and exit... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: geass
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested Loop becomes slow

Hello I have some nested loop to display files and form menu item. The part of the code is below. I found that after runnining the script for a while the display becomes very slow. Does ksh shell provided any easy way to release variables, reinit, etc. while ];do script=0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ekb
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested loop in Unix

Hi, I have the following script which is two while loops, but it is working only for the Inner loop without going back to the outer loop. the aim of this script is to remove data files from memory after each five times for each setting of the rotate parameter #!/bin/csh set hdir =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moon218
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested for loop in bash

Hi, How to use values in one for loop to other for loop. say "$sf_rel" variable has values "2011/W2 2011/G2" I want to use these values in inner for loop to process properly. $branch variable has G2 and 6 What is happening is outer for loop $i has 2011/W2 it is entering into inner... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Nested loop code

Greetings, Would anyone be able to tell me why this nested loop doesn't seem to work in any variation? for i in {1..8} do echo "i is "$i for j in {1..i} do echo "j is "$j done doneoutput is always along the lines of i is 1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: barnhillec
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested for loop not ending

Hi All, Need help on below script for g in `cat /home/sid.txt` do for h in `cat /home/dev.txt` do symmaskdb -sid $g -dev $h list assign |grep FA |head -1|awk '{print $2}' > tt1.txt done done cat /home/sid.txt ************** 123 235 456 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
5 Replies

8. Programming

MPI C++ in a nested loop

I have a MPI program like this: void slave1(int j){ MPI_Status status; MPI_Recv(&j,1,MPI_INT,0,0,MPI_COMM_WORLD,&status);} void slave2(int j){ MPI_Status status; MPI_Recv(&j,1,MPI_INT,0,1,MPI_COMM_WORLD,&status);} int main(int argc, char *argv){ int numprocs, rank; ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wanliushao
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Nested loop -bash

I am using the following nested loop for i in {1..3} do for y in {1..3} do if ; then echo P0${i}R${y}.fas mv P0${i}R${y}.fas P${i}R${y}.fas read -t 5 fi done done I was wondering if I can use a character such as * or ? instead of my second variable y. I tried R in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
3 Replies
Export(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       Export(3pm)

NAME
Perl6::Export - Implements the Perl 6 'is export(...)' trait SYNOPSIS
# Perl 5 code... package Some::Module; use Perl6::Export; # Export &foo by default, when explicitly requested, # or when the ':ALL' export set is requested... sub foo is export(:DEFAULT) { print "phooo!"; } # Export &var by default, when explicitly requested, # or when the ':bees', ':pubs', or ':ALL' export set is requested... # the parens after 'is export' are like the parens of a qw(...) sub bar is export(:DEFAULT :bees :pubs) { print "baaa!"; } # Export &baz when explicitly requested # or when the ':bees' or ':ALL' export set is requested... sub baz is export(:bees) { print "baassss!"; } # Always export &qux # (no matter what else is explicitly or implicitly requested) sub qux is export(:MANDATORY) { print "quuuuuuuuux!"; } sub import { # This subroutine is called when the module is used (as usual), # but it is called after any export requests have been handled. # Those requests will have been stripped from its argument list } DESCRIPTION
Implements what I hope the Perl 6 symbol export mechanism might look like. It's very straightforward: o If you want a subroutine to be capable of being exported (when explicitly requested in the "use" arguments), you mark it with the "is export" trait. o If you want a subroutine to be automatically exported when the module is used (without specific overriding arguments), you mark it with the "is export(:DEFAULT)" trait. o If you want a subroutine to be automatically exported when the module is used (even if the user specifies overriding arguments), you mark it with the "is export(:MANDATORY)" trait. o If the subroutine should also be exported when particular export groups are requested, you add the names of those export groups to the trait's argument list. That's it. WARNING
The syntax and semantics of Perl 6 is still being finalized and consequently is at any time subject to change. That means the same caveat applies to this module. DEPENDENCIES
Requires Filter::Simple AUTHOR
Damian Conway (damian@conway.org) BUGS AND IRRITATIONS
Does not yet handle the export of variables. Comments, suggestions, and patches welcome. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2003, Damian Conway. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software. It may be used, redistributed and/or modified under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2008-03-12 Export(3pm)