Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Splitting eth0 traffic into two virtual interface Post 302591489 by Corona688 on Thursday 19th of January 2012 03:48:37 PM
Old 01-19-2012
What's your system?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HP-UX - how to create virtual interface

OS - HP-UX B.10.20 A 9000/777 Anyone know how to set up a virtual interface on HP-UX? I've looked quickly through docs.hp.com and searched this site. No luck. And my HP Guru is sleeping today. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thehoghunter
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

Adding virtual Interface on HP UX

Hello all, I want to add a new virtual interface on HP-UX B.11.11 U 9000/800 box. I know that ifconfig can be used to add the Virtual interface. BUt i do not know the exact syntax. it some times gives plumb error if i try to add # ifconfig vif0 10.1.10.1 up plumb error: No such file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: supersumanth
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

virtual interface

How would i create virtual interface in linux to configure more than one IP address for a physical interface? any help wll be appreciated. https://www.unix.com/images/misc/progress.gif (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salil2012
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

controlling traffic source from NIC eth0, eth1 in Linux

Hi Guys, is there a way to send traffic coming from the source iface (eth0, eth1)? i need to test traffic that will come from both eth0 and eth1 from a Linux box. Thanks, Martin (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdap
0 Replies

5. AIX

Virtual interface on AIX

Hi, I am totally new to AIX. I would like to know how to create virtual interface on AIX machine. Thanks, Pooja (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooja84k
4 Replies

6. IP Networking

Socket and interface (eth0, eth 1)relationship

hi, Could some one answer this please we have a program with client socket declared which connect to a server for the above program description we wont send an interface information ... let us suppose, I have two interfaces (eth0 , eth1) which are assigned some ip, which interface the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
1 Replies

7. Linux

bringing up interface eth0 rtnetlink

Hi all, OS: fedora release 10 when i try to restart network service, ending up with following errors. There are two interfaces eth0 and eth1 bringing up interface eth0 rtnetlink answers file exists error adding <IP Address here> to eth0 bringing up interface eth0 rtnetlink answers... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Traffic routing through wrong interface

Solaris-9 server is having one primary IP 10.41.161.14 on qfe0 and 10.41.116.0 on qfe3:1. Traffic is going through virtual interface instead of physical interface. How should I force traffic to go with primary interface. root@smtsrvn01:/# netstat -nr Routing Table: IPv4 Destination ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
2 Replies

9. IP Networking

Stuck at "bringing up interface eth0:"

Server is stuck at "Stuck at "bringing up interface eth0:"" after i hard reset the server I have IPMI access, please help me diagnose the cause if you can :( (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: postcd
0 Replies
default_fs(4)							   File Formats 						     default_fs(4)

NAME
default_fs, fs - specify the default file system type for local or remote file systems DESCRIPTION
When file system administration commands have both specific and generic components (for example, fsck(1M)), the file system type must be specified. If it is not explicitly specified using the -F FSType command line option, the generic command looks in /etc/vfstab in order to determine the file system type, using the supplied raw or block device or mount point. If the file system type can not be determined by searching /etc/vfstab, the command will use the default file system type specified in either /etc/default/fs or /etc/dfs/dfstypes, depend- ing on whether the file system is local or remote. The default local file system type is specified in /etc/default/fs by a line of the form LOCAL=fstype (for example, LOCAL=ufs). The default remote file system type is determined by the first entry in the /etc/dfs/fstypes file. File system administration commands will determine whether the file system is local or remote by examining the specified device name. If the device name starts with ``/'' (slash), it is considered to be local; otherwise it is remote. The default file system types can be changed by editing the default files with a text editor. FILES
/etc/vfstab list of default parameters for each file system /etc/default/fs the default local file system type /etc/dfs/fstypes the default remote file system type SEE ALSO
fsck(1M), fstypes(4), vfstab(4) SunOS 5.10 20 Mar 1992 default_fs(4)