Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting finding number in exact column Post 302591481 by Corona688 on Thursday 19th of January 2012 03:25:11 PM
Old 01-19-2012
Code:
awk '$1 == 416' file

This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding exact characters

I want to grep from a file an exact character match. I tried grep -c "$a $b" $file where a=6 and b=2 the problem is that I get: 6 2 and 6 20 I just need a count of the occurrence. I'm using the Bourne shell. I've also tried grep -c '$a $b' $file; not sure how to do this - any suggestions? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrdnoland1
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK seach for exact word in certain column

Can anyone help me how I will extract all lines in a file where the word "worker" or "co-worker" in 2nd column exist. There are also word in 2nd column like "workers" or "worker2" but I don't want to display those lines. Appreciate any help in advance! Thank you! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Orbix
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print exact field number

Hello there. I want some help with awk I have this script that reads a file from awk and you can insert from keyboard any list from the fields that exist so to be printed on monitor echo "give a choice" read -a ans array=${ans} awk -F: -v k="$array" '{ ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: covis
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding exact match string

Hi All, I'm writing unix script, it should find exact matching in search string. Looks simple but when i started i'm stuck to find the exact match character string. The unix script reads the records from DB Table. The table will have values something likes these Feed : A Feed File name :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: luckybalaji
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the line with the exact same number

Hello All, What i am doing is , i tail a file from certain chatacter and then cat -n to get the line numbers.I search for a particular string and gets it line number. What i am interested in is the next line immediately after the pattern i search. But grep gives me result for all line... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kailash19
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on awk for finding the column number using a match word

Hi Guys, Please help me out in my situation of writing a shell script Exampl:I have a output like asnapply 1 2 3 apply_server=1 apply_schema=ASN asnapply 1 2 3 apply_server=2 apply_schema=ASN Now i need output like asnacmd applysever=1 applyschema=ASN stop asnacmd applysever=2... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: mallak
16 Replies

7. Red Hat

finding exact version of Red Hat Linux

Hi, I would like to know how to find out exact version of linux on the basis of kernel level, uname -a 2.6.18-238.1.1.el5 from above command how to find out exact version of redhat linux? it is showing that version of redhat is 5.0 but it comes under which update like 1,2,3,4,5,6 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to finding the exact pattern

I have a output like below: A1 B2 C1 D3 A12 B4 A14 I am trying to find A1 by using grep grep -i "A1" But I got (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To get the exact column data

Hi All, I have a input file contains below data crw-r--r-- 1 oracle dba 34, 10 Nov 26 11:50 asm_aue2cu_arch01 crw-r--r-- 1 oracle dba 34, 9 Dec 8 11:00 asm_aue2cu_data01 crw-r--r-- 1 oracle dba 34, 16 Nov 25 20:25 asm_bdeccu_arch01 crw-r--r-- ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannan84
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Regex to match Exact port number (netstat command)

Hi All, We have this regex:\\*.*?(.600).*?.(LISTEN|ESTABLISHED) OS = Solaris 10 The purpose of this regex is to match the ports in output of "netstat -an" and report if any ports between 6000-6009 are getting used. The only problem is if I have something like this (sample output as... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk2code
6 Replies
DB2_FIELD_TYPE(3)							 1							 DB2_FIELD_TYPE(3)

db2_field_type - Returns the data type of the indicated column in a result set

SYNOPSIS
string db2_field_type (resource $stmt, mixed $column) DESCRIPTION
Returns the data type of the indicated column in a result set. PARAMETERS
o $stmt - Specifies a statement resource containing a result set. o $column - Specifies the column in the result set. This can either be an integer representing the 0-indexed position of the column, or a string containing the name of the column. RETURN VALUES
Returns a string containing the defined data type of the specified column. If the specified column does not exist in the result set, db2_field_type(3) returns FALSE. SEE ALSO
db2_field_display_size(3), db2_field_name(3), db2_field_num(3), db2_field_precision(3), db2_field_scale(3), db2_field_width(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_FIELD_TYPE(3)