Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sed command issue in linux
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sed command issue in linux Post 302591248 by vee_789 on Thursday 19th of January 2012 01:43:59 AM
Old 01-19-2012
Sed command issue in linux

I ran one the script in debug mode in linux and have a problem
Code:
ret='$prmAttunityUser=ais'

Now i need to remove $ from this '$prmAttunityUser=ais' so i had added a sed command like this sed 's/$//g' but its not working could you all please help me with an alternate command
I want the output as
Code:
'prmAttunityUser=ais'

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Sed Command

Hello , I am trying to replace a word :: complete to Failed . work: complete Sed command which i am using is given below :: sed s/work: complete/Failed/g temp1.txt > temp2.txt (Sed command is grabled if i use the above .. because of space which is there between work: and complete. I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghav1982
6 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Issue with sed command

Hi, I have to replace the character AL2 with AL16 which I have in one of my text file . I used the sed command like this sed 's/sed 's/AL2/AL16/g' test_carr.dat>test_carr1.dat But it is not replacing this value to the output file. The test_carr.dat file contains data like this cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kavithakuttyk
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command issue

Hi everybody, I have come across a typical problem: I need to use sed command to replace an apostrophe but it is saying no match found in the error sed -e 's/`/'/g' ...but it is not working. Can you please tell me how to use this apostrophe in this sed command please. Thanks. Rubin (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RubinPat
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed Command Issue

Hello, I want to remove the / found when executing the date command. When I use: date +%D | sed 's/\///' I get: 1105/09 I tried: date +%D | sed 's/\*$///' I need to remove all / from the date command, but it does not seem to work (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Sed command

I need to search for a keyword UTF-16 in a list of files if that keyword is found then i need to convert the file to UTF-8 format using iconv command. After this i should substitute the UTF-16 keyword inside the file to UTF-8. Please suggest how to do this in shell scripting. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shruthi8818
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with SED command

I have a file that contains lines like this: allgroups: cn=Role1,cn=groups,o=xyz,st=mn,c=us allgroups: cn=Role1,cn=groups,o=xyz,st=mn,c=us I want to remove the string : ,cn=groups,o=xyz,st=mn,c=us and so I tried to use SED. i tried to assign it to a variable and use it: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vskr72
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue with sed command

Hi, I want to use a code like sed -n "1,9988p" filename | wc -l I tried from=1 till=9988 sed -n "/$from/,/$till/p" filename |wc -l Issue: sed -n "1,9988p" filename | wc -l -- Returns 9988 rows But sed -n "/$from/,/$till/p" filename |wc -l # Returns > 9988 rows(Complete file) I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gurkamal83
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command issue in script

Hi, I am using sed command to extract data from my log file for a certain time interval. From and To "time" are my input arguments. Now if i use the sed command on command line. I get the desired results and If i use it in script.It fails. sed command as command line: sed -n '/04-Mar-2015... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: oberoi1403
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with sed command

Hi, I have a script that replaces one string with the other in all files under the specified directory. !/bin/bash # **************** Change Variables Here ************ startdirectory="/opt/app/properties/tmp_new" searchterm="Oracle/Middleware/" replaceterm="" #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Simple sed command not working; could be a Mac/Linux vs. PC/Linux issue

Hello, I am on a Mac and trying to clean up some monthly files with a very simple SED: sed '3,10d;/<ACROSS>/,$d' input.txt > output.txt (from the input, delete lines 3 - 10; then delete from the line containing <ACROSS> to the end of the file) then output to output.txt Even when I try... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: verbatim
2 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)														 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)