Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Write string variables to file Post 302591189 by agama on Wednesday 18th of January 2012 08:18:45 PM
Old 01-18-2012
Have you tried:

Code:
printf "foovar=\"%s\"\n" "$foo" >>foofile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write system variables into file

Hi everyone, I was told, i my job, to do a script that creates the backup of all the files that are important to us. So i created the script, put it in the crontab and it works great. Now what i want is to write to a file what directories have being copied with date and time. How can i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jorge.ferreira
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I write a string into file from shell?

Hi , If I used this wc -l *.dat ,it will count number of line in these files like this 1234 test1.dat 2345 test2.dat 3456 test3.dat 7035 total can I add '|'(pipe) in the middle of those number and string like this 1234|test1.dat 2345|test2.dat 3456|test3.dat Thanks in advance. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: guitaroa47
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

line contains a string write to new file otherwise append

hi i have the following function, reading file line by line, if line contains "Change state" i need to cut some fields otherwise i need to append the total line to the new file function parse() { while read LINE do echo $LINE |grep -q "Change state" if then echo $LINE |grep -q... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satyak
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

write string of characters to file

Hi, I have a text file with a very long string of characters, like "ACGCTTGCAA...", and I want to make another file with 36 characters from this string file every 4 lines like: character of position 1 to position 36 of the string file, position 2-37, position 3-38 ... position... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fadista
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to write a string with special characters to a file

Hi, I want to erase the contents of a file and write a sql query into the file. "" > tmp.txt "select count\(\*\) \"Names\" from v\$ground where status\=\'Invalid\'\;" > tmp.txt doesnt work, pls help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyrain
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete a string pattern in a file and write back to the same file

I have a control file which looks like this LOAD DATA INFILE '/array/data/data_Finished_T5_col_change/home/oracle/emp.dat' PRESERVE BLANKS INTO TABLE SCOTT.EMP FIELDS TERMINATED BY '|' OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"' TRAILING NULLCOLS (................. ..................) How can i edit the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mwrg
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract string from a file & write to a new file (Perl)

Hi, This is the first time playing around with perl and need some help. Assuming if i have a line of text that looks like this: Date/Time=Nov 18 17:12:11;Device Name=192.168.1.1;Device IP=192.168.1.1;Device Class=IDS;Source IP=155.212.212.111;Source Name=UNKNOWN;Source Port=1679... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LuckyGuy
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep exact string from files and write to filename when string present in file

I am attempting to grep an exact string from a series of files within a directory and append that output to the filename when it is present in the file. I've been after this all day with no luck. Thanks for your help in advance :wall:. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JC_1
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to search a particular String form a file a write to another file using perl script

I have file which contains a huge amount of data. I need to search the pattern Message id. When that pattern is matched I need to get abcdeff0-1g6g-91g3-1z2z-2mm605m90000 to another file. Kindly provide your input. File is like below Jan 11 04:05:10 linux100 |NOTICE... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raysf
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I write variables to same line of a file?

I am trying to keep variables in a file. if I have all variables at the same time, I can write them all like below. echo $var1","$var2","$var3 But, these variables are being calculated at different times then they are lost so I want to keep them in a file seperated by "," . echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snr_silencer
5 Replies
code(n) 							    [incr Tcl]								   code(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
code - capture the namespace context for a code fragment SYNOPSIS
itcl::code ?-namespace name? command ?arg arg ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Creates a scoped value for the specified command and its associated arg arguments. A scoped value is a list with three elements: the "@scope" keyword, a namespace context, and a value string. For example, the command namespace foo { code puts "Hello World!" } produces the scoped value: @scope ::foo {puts {Hello World!}} Note that the code command captures the current namespace context. If the -namespace flag is specified, then the current context is ignored, and the name string is used as the namespace context. Extensions like Tk execute ordinary code fragments in the global namespace. A scoped value captures a code fragment together with its namespace context in a way that allows it to be executed properly later. It is needed, for example, to wrap up code fragments when a Tk widget is used within a namespace: namespace foo { private proc report {mesg} { puts "click: $mesg" } button .b1 -text "Push Me" -command [code report "Hello World!"] pack .b1 } The code fragment associated with button .b1 only makes sense in the context of namespace "foo". Furthermore, the "report" procedure is private, and can only be accessed within that namespace. The code command wraps up the code fragment in a way that allows it to be exe- cuted properly when the button is pressed. Also, note that the code command preserves the integrity of arguments on the command line. This makes it a natural replacement for the list command, which is often used to format Tcl code fragments. In other words, instead of using the list command like this: after 1000 [list puts "Hello $name!"] use the code command like this: after 1000 [code puts "Hello $name!"] This not only formats the command correctly, but also captures its namespace context. Scoped commands can be invoked like ordinary code fragments, with or without the eval command. For example, the following statements work properly: set cmd {@scope ::foo .b1} $cmd configure -background red set opts {-bg blue -fg white} eval $cmd configure $opts Note that scoped commands by-pass the usual protection mechanisms; the command: @scope ::foo {report {Hello World!}} can be used to access the "foo::report" proc from any namespace context, even though it is private. KEYWORDS
scope, callback, namespace, public, protected, private itcl 3.0 code(n)