Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Running Scripts With Parameters with sudo Post 302591157 by craigp84 on Wednesday 18th of January 2012 05:12:55 PM
Old 01-18-2012
visudo:

Code:
%usergroup_name ALL=/scripts/myscript.ksh /root/config-files/*

* will not allow '/', i.e. the below won't work:

Code:
sudo /scripts/myscript.ksh /root/config-files/../../etc/passwd

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

[/bin/sh] passing parameters with quotes between 2 scripts

Hi, I have a first shell script (/bin/sh) that receives some paremeters. This is only an example (there are more parameters in fact and this one is among them): -header "This is a test" This script calls a secund shell script (/bin/sh) with the same parameters. But, quotes disappear as I would... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: velo_love
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sudo in shell scripts

hi, I have a script abc in a machine xyz. which i can access by sudo su - user. that is i can login to xyz using my id and then switch to user and run the script. Now what i need to do is run the script from another script in machine xyz1. From xyz1 i can ssh to xyz using my id. Some one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rvz
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts within scripts from cron

Hi all, I have set up a cron job which calls another shell script shell script which in turn calls a Java process. The cron tab looks so. 0,30 7-18 * * 1-5 /u01/home/weblogic/brp/bin/checkstatus.sh >> /u01/home/weblogic/logs/checkstatus.log The checkstatus.sh scripts looks like this. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirbrian
4 Replies

4. Solaris

cron jobs not running from sudo

Hi, I am logging into sun solaris unix box as asood user.Then sudo su_appssu and scheduled my cron jobs.The user appssu is there In the /etc/cron.d/cron.allow . I do not understand why the jobs are not kicking by cron. Do I need to enter directly as appssu ? Regards Megh (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: megh
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Use of grep with multiple parameters in shell scripts

I am learning how to write shell scripts and have come across an issue. I'm trying to write a script that looks for a directory called public_html, and if it finds one, to print the number of lines that contain applet tags (containing '<applet') in all files that end in either .html or .htm that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: feverdream
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass parameters from perl to csh scripts

I use csh a lot but I don't really write csh scripts. Now I have a need to implement a security check (written in perl; verify an user input security code) into a csh script. Here is the senario: #csh 1. call the perl script 2. if the perl script returns 'true', pass on; if the perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Julian16
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo scripts conundrum

hello; Got a problem running monitoring scripts using sudo ssh.. Mgmt decided to take away root sudoers access.. so most of the scripts ran as: sudo ssh $BOX ... Now I need to run them as: echo $my_pw | sudo -S -l my_user_id $BOX ... I tried this but not working.. Any wisdom/tricks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: delphys
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem connect to a different server then do sudo login and finally run some scripts and get result

I have to write a shell script in my current linux server and I have to connect to a different server then do sudo login and finally run some scripts residing in a particular directory and get results back. I am starting to write my shell script as below but after I do ssh login it prompts for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devesh5683
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sudo ssh with command running in background

I am trying to run a command. This is one of my attempts: for i in fileservera; do ssh -t $i 'sudo ls /';doneThis works, and I see the directories. However, what I want to do now is start a process on the remote server such as /usr/bin/connectproc -standalonesudo /usr/bin/connectproc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameters with spaces between scripts

I have 2 scripts. test.sh, which calls submit2.sh. One of the parameters contains space and is quoted. ((((./submit2.sh Group_1_2_AMS_DAILY_CORE_GRP03 AMS AMS_D 'DAILY REPORT PROCEDURES'; echo $?>&3) | tee 1.log >&4)3>&1) | (read xs; exit $xs)) 4>&1 echo parm 1 = $1 echo parm 2 = $2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andyclam
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::Script(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Locale::Codes::Script(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::Script(3)