Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help with organizing some non regular text Post 302591043 by lewisdenny on Wednesday 18th of January 2012 10:07:05 AM
Old 01-18-2012
problem

hey iv noticed a problem, the offset is allways one too many eg if the change is at offset 00000054 it will say 00000055

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Organizing a log

I have a bunch of log files generated from a shell script, its all of my facebook friends and if theyre logged in. Each file is a different person. It runs every 5 minutes. The log file is just the date and time, then 1 if theyre logged in or 0 if theyre not. part of one of the files is: Mon Aug... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: killer54291
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove a block of Text at regular intervals

Hello all, I have a text files that consists of blocks of text. Each block of text represents a set of Cartesian coordinates for a molecule. Each block of text starts with a line that has a only a number, which is equal to the total number of atoms in the molecule. After this number is a line... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcozd
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Windows Metacharacters to Regular Text

Hi, all. I have a need to take a flat file FTP'd from Windows to Unix and convert it for loading into a MySQL database without manual intervention. However, some characters are "fancified" (e.g. the fancy Beginning and End double-quotes from Windows) that show up as codes using vi. I need to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: superdelic
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Organizing Files

Hi, I'm fairly new at scripting. I need to write a script that takes files from a source directory puts them in a target directory and sorts them by artist name. This is what I have so far #!/bin/bash source_dir='/home/tcindy/songs' target_dir='/home/tcindy/music' for path in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tcindy
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Organizing log

Hello, Following are the log of my sms application COMMAND: #tail -30 /var/log/smsd.log | grep Message_id | awk '{print $1,$2,$9}' OUTPUT: 2011-02-21 12:16:20,5, 03218975857, 2011-02-21 12:16:26,5, 03323048252, 2011-02-21 12:16:53,5, 03323048252, 2011-02-21 12:16:59,5,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: telnor
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I get the matched text when using regular expression.

Hello: (exp) : match "exp",the matched text is stored in auto named arrays. How can I get the matched text ? What is the name of the auto named arrays on linux shell ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
4 Replies

7. Programming

Organizing C++ Code

I have three directories CspInterp, FpnInterp and LinInterp. Each directory contains 4 .h and .ccp files describing 4 classes each CspInterp class CspFsInterp1d : public FsInterp1d class CspVsInterp1d : public VsInterp1d class CspFsInterp2d : public FsInterp2d class CspVsInterp2d : public... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
10 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Regular expression (regex) clean up text

Hi, Server - MEDIAWIKI - MYSQL - CENTOS 5 - PHP5 I have a database import of close to a million pages into my wiki, mediawiki site, the format that were left with is not pretty, and I need to find a way to clean this up and present it nicely... I think regex is the best option as I can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lawstudent
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Organizing text file by Capital Names (capital word ' ' capital word)

Hi I have a file passwd_exmpl that contains: root:x:0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash bin:x:1:1:bin:/bin:/sbin/nologin daemon:x:2:2:daemon:/sbin:/sbin/nologin adm:x:3:4:adm:/var/adm:/sbin/nologin lp:x:4:7:lp:/var/spool/lpd:/sbin/nologin sync:x:5:0:sync:/sbin:/bin/sync... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eladage
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help me in organizing the data in UNIX

I have an output file in the form Hostname Value1=abc Value2=def Value3=xyz Hostname1 Value1=abc1 Value2=def1 Value3=xyz1 Hostname2 Value1=abc2 Value2=def2 Value3=xyz2 | | | And so on….. I need to export this output into csv so then it should be in format (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
8 Replies
SERVICE(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						SERVICE(8)

NAME
service -- control (start/stop/etc.) or list system services SYNOPSIS
service -e service -R service [-v] -l | -r service [-v] <rc.d script> start|stop|etc. DESCRIPTION
The service command is an easy interface to the rc.d system. Its primary purpose is to start and stop services provided by the rc.d scripts. When used for this purpose it will set the same restricted environment that is in use at boot time (see below). It can also be used to list the scripts using various criteria. The options are as follows: -e List services that are enabled. The list of scripts to check is compiled using rcorder(8) the same way that it is done in rc(8), then that list of scripts is checked for an "rcvar" assignment. If present the script is checked to see if it is enabled. -R Restart all enabled local services. -l List all files in /etc/rc.d and the local startup directories. As described in rc.conf(5) this is usually /usr/local/etc/rc.d. All files will be listed whether they are an actual rc.d script or not. -r Generate the rcorder(8) as in -e above, but list all of the files, not just what is enabled. -v Be slightly more verbose ENVIRONMENT
When used to run rc.d scripts the service command sets HOME to / and PATH to /sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin which is how they are set in /etc/rc at boot time. EXIT STATUS
The service utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
The following are examples of typical usage of the service command: service named status service -rv The following programmable completion entry can be use in bash(1) for the names of the rc.d scripts: _service () { local cur cur=${COMP_WORDS[COMP_CWORD]} COMPREPLY=( $( compgen -W '$( service -l )' -- $cur ) ) return 0 } complete -F _service service SEE ALSO
bash(1) (ports/shells/bash), rc.conf(5), rc(8), rcorder(8) HISTORY
The service utility first appeared in FreeBSD 7.3. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Douglas Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
December 11, 2012 BSD