Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Using -exec with and without -name Post 302591031 by Corona688 on Wednesday 18th of January 2012 09:40:37 AM
Old 01-18-2012
Of course it prepends ./

That's the folder you told it to look inside, .

These are completely valid paths.

If you wanted absolute paths, give find /path/to/folder/ instead of .

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

exec

In exec function say when i would like to remove the files exec rm{}\; Why is this "\" needed immediately after {} and what if i dont give it? TIA, Nisha (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nisha
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

exec

I have read that exec "replaces the current process with a new one". So I did $ exec ls and after this executed, my shell disappeared. I am assuming that my shell had PID xyz, and when I did exec ls, this ls got pid xyz, and when it terminated, there was no more shell process running, and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with use of `` vs exec

Hi all, I had an issue regarding use of `` or exec in perl . `` are considered to be unsafe. Why? In my case an user would be giving some parameters as input and I will form an command of it and execute it using ``. It is important to capture output as i have to parse the output. As well as I need... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharadiaam
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

exec tclsh

As a part of learning shell scripting I was just going through some already created scripts there I found- exec tclsh "$0" $(1+"$@") Here I was able to find what exec ,tclsh does & o/p of same but I could not find usage & output of $(1+"$@"). Can anybody pls expalain me usage details of it? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rediffmail
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

exec in tcl

Hello; I have a console application who shown a output in every iteration, now i create a small GUI to call the application with button etc..., but what must i do to follow showing the output in the screen? Advanced thanks, Pablo (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pablodecastillo
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

-exec cp

Hi, on AIX 6.L I want to copy the result of grep -v to test directory then : `hostname`@oracle$ls -l | grep -v RINT -exec cp {} test grep: can't open -exec grep: can't open cp grep: can't open {} test:°`. Can you help me ? Thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
3 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Find and exec

Hello, I am a linux newbe. I want to install a program. I can download it only with wget command from internet. As far as i know this wget command does not transfer the exacutable flags. Because of that i wanted to find all configure files and change their mod to 744. I found this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: disconnectus
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

exec

Hi, i don't understand this part of one script exec >> $Log_File 2>&1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: messi777
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Variables Inquiry, Values Okay in Standalone Exec, No-Show in Cron Exec

I have the following bash script lines in a file named test.sh. #!/bin/bash # # Write Date to cron.log # echo "Begin SSI Load $(date +%d%b%y_%T)" # # Get the latest rates file for processing. # d=$(ls -tr /rms/data/ssi | grep -v "processed" | tail -n 1) filename=$d export filename... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ginowms
3 Replies
GLCOLORMASK(3G) 														   GLCOLORMASK(3G)

NAME
glColorMask - enable and disable writing of frame buffer color components C SPECIFICATION
void glColorMask( GLboolean red, GLboolean green, GLboolean blue, GLboolean alpha ) PARAMETERS
red, green, blue, alpha Specify whether red, green, blue, and alpha can or cannot be written into the frame buffer. The initial values are all GL_TRUE, indicating that the color components can be written. DESCRIPTION
glColorMask specifies whether the individual color components in the frame buffer can or cannot be written. If red is GL_FALSE, for exam- ple, no change is made to the red component of any pixel in any of the color buffers, regardless of the drawing operation attempted. Changes to individual bits of components cannot be controlled. Rather, changes are either enabled or disabled for entire color components. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if glColorMask is executed between the execution of glBegin and the corresponding execution of glEnd. ASSOCIATED GETS
glGet with argument GL_COLOR_WRITEMASK glGet with argument GL_RGBA_MODE SEE ALSO
glClear(3G), glColor(3G), glColorPointer(3G), glDepthMask(3G), glIndex(3G), glIndexPointer(3G), glIndexMask(3G), glStencilMask(3G) GLCOLORMASK(3G)