Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: execution of a script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting execution of a script Post 302591003 by ragilla on Wednesday 18th of January 2012 08:09:06 AM
Old 01-18-2012
execution of a script

Hi

i have a small script like this
Code:
  $ cat test.sh
#!/usr/bin/sh
name="ram"
echo ${1}
set 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 123 o870
echo $9
echo ${12}

when i am trying to execute like below i am not getting the output

Code:
jena samp_perl $ sh test.sh
test.sh: This:  not found

but when i executing like below i am able to get the output
Code:
jena samp_perl $ ./test.sh 1
o870

so may i know wt is the difference between two types of executions and why i am not able to get the output when i tried like this sh test.sh...

please help me in this.. thanks in advance

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use next time code tags for your code and data

Last edited by vbe; 01-18-2012 at 09:55 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pb with script execution

Hello, Can somebody tell me the differnce between a call of a ksh with the dot : >. script.ksh and the call without the dot: >script.ksh In my script I have writen a test for the number of parameters: if then echo 'Usage : '$0 exit 1 fi as my script doesn't need any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cecile
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help on script execution

Hi, Please help me on the below code of line of what it actually does ${Script_dir}/scrip1.sh & export script1_pid=$! ${Scipt_dir}/script2.sh & export script2_pid=$! ${Scrip_dIR}/script3.sh & export script3_pid=$! wait ${script1_pid} //could u tell me wht this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sussane
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to carry-over the script execution to another system

The situation is like this. If I need to know the parameters of all the unix servers connected to a common network, is it possible to get all the parameter details of all the system with the help of a script written in one server?? Can a script be written like that ? Let me give some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuvanash
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Issue Serial Forground Execution vs Concurrent Background Execution

I have an expect script that interrogates several hundred unix servers for both access and directories therein using "ssh user@host ls -l /path". The combination of host/path are unique but the host may be interrogated multiple times if there are multiple paths to test. The expect script is run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: twk
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Execution

Hello all, I generally get 6 or more files at location /usr/example.Files listed below er 1 2 3 9.txt er 2 2 3 9.txt er 3 2 3 9.txt er 4 2 3 9.txt abc.next del pa.txt cr ad.txt ps tr as er.txt Now the issue is i need to transfer 2 files (one file is fixed called abc.next) at a... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_panky
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH using shell script terminates the script execution

Hello, I am writing a shell script in which i do ssh to remote server and count the number of files there and then exit. After the exit the shell script terminates which i believe is expected behavior. Can some one suggest me a way where even after the exit the script execution resumes. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manaankit
2 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

invoke one script based on previous script execution

I am database guy and not very good at shell scripts. I am seeking help to sharp my script coding. I have 5 scripts 1. master script. I use this one to call other four scripts to do database work. 2. db_backup_1 and log_backup_1 3. db_backup_2 and log_backup_2 in master script, I want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Script on Solaris spawning 2 processes for one shell script execution

Hi, I am having a shell script on Solaris 10 which has a while loop as shown below. #!/usr/bin/ksh # while do sleep 60 done Name of the shell script is coldcentric.sh. I executed script /DATAWAREHOUSE/LOAD/Scripts/coldcentric.sh from a command task in Informatica worklow as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chekusi
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Freezes up execution of the script

My script that I wrote is no longer running, but just freezing when I execute it. Before it was running and showing me where errors were, now when I execute it, nothing happens and i cant type anything into the command screen. The script was a looping script, what could be going on? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: MJCreations
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script execution

I need to call a script if the month end falls on Saturday or Sunday (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bala1985
5 Replies
SPECRB(1)																 SPECRB(1)

NAME
specrb - standalone test runner for test/spec and Test::Unit test suites SYNOPSIS
specrb [OPTIONS] [FILES | -a ] [-- untouched arguments] DESCRIPTION
The Ruby script specrb allows you to run tests written with test/spec from the command line. It can also be used for plain Test::Unit test suites. You can either specify the names of the test files you want to run, or let specrb find automatically all the tests in your project, by using the -a switch (see TEST/SPEC OPTIONS below). You can also use various options on the command line to pass parameters to the Ruby interpreterm or to modify the behavior of test/spec and/or test/unit. RUBY OPTIONS
-e, --eval LINE evaluate a LINE of code -d, --debug set debugging flags (set $DEBUG to true) -w, --warn turn warnings on for your script -I, --include PATH specify $LOAD_PATH (may be used more than once) -r, --require LIBRARY require the LIBRARY, before executing your script TEST
/SPEC OPTIONS: -s, --specdox do AgileDox-like output --rdox do AgileDox-like output with RDoc formatting -a, --automatic gather tests from ./test/, include ./lib/ TEST
::UNIT OPTIONS: -n, --name NAME runs tests matching regexp NAME -t, --testcase TESTCASE runs tests in TestCases matching regexp TESTCASE COMMON OPTIONS
: -h, --help show a message similar to this manpage --version show version AUTHORS
The test/spec library has been written by Christian Neukirchen <http://purl.org/net/chneukirchen>. This manual page, inspired by the help message of specrb, has been written for the Debian Project by Cedric Boutillier (but may used by others). 2012-06-26 SPECRB(1)