Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract XML content from a file Post 302590971 by balajesuri on Wednesday 18th of January 2012 06:05:40 AM
Old 01-18-2012
Code:
#! /usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;

( @ARGV != 1 ) && die "Enter exactly one batch_id. Exiting";
# my @ARGV = ("12345678519"); # Un-comment this line and comment above line if you don't want to give batchid as parameter and want to define in script itself.
my ($f, $x);

open XML, "< input";
for (<XML>) {
    if (/\[<\?xml/../^\]/) {
        if (/\[<\?xml/) { $f=0; s/.*?(\[<\?xml.*)/$1/; $x=$_ }  
        elsif (/<BATCH_ID>$ARGV[0]<\/BATCH_ID>/) { $f=1; print $x; print }
        elsif (!/\[<\?xml/ && !/<BATCH_ID>12345678519<\/BATCH_ID>/ && $f==1) { print }
        elsif ($f==0) { next }
    }
}

Give batch id as parameter to script.
Code:
$ ./test.pl 12345678519
[<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><ESP_SSIA_ACC_FEED>
<BATCH_ID>12345678519</BATCH_ID>
<UID>3498748823</UID>
<FEED_TYPE>FULL</FEED_TYPE>
<MART_NAME>SSIA_DM_TRANSACTIONS</MART_NAME>
<MART_TYPE>SSIA_TRANSACTIONS</MART_TYPE>
<CLIENT_ID>ESPDB</CLIENT_ID>
<SQL>FROM  SSIA_DM_TRANSACTIONS  WHERE   ASAT BETWEEN '2012-01-10T03:44:48.385' and '2012-01-11T03:43:46.646' AND       SSIA_ACCOUNT_CODE = 'BTAC2091' AND PORTF        OLIO_CODE = '02091' </SQL>
</ESP_SSIA_ACC_FEED>
]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Content extract of a file using awk

Hi Everyone, I have a file with the below content: File1.txt ====== ### ###==> the below table was created for testing1 purpose; ### create table 123 ( field1 date, field2 char(10) primary key(field1) ); ### ###==> the below table was created... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nr_shan
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

appending content in a xml file

Please help me on this..... i have a file which has following content: <IPCoreProducerConfig> <Producer> <config> <key>machineId</key> <value>machine1</value> </config> <config> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific content from a file

My input file: >sequence_1 ASSSSSSSSSSSDDDDDDDDDDDCCCCCCC ASDSFDFFDFDFFWERERERERFSDFESFSFD >sequence_2 ASDFDFDFFDDFFDFDSFDSFDFSDFSDFDSFASDSADSADASD ASDFFDFDFASFASFASFAFSFFSDASFASFASFAFS >sequence_3 VEDFGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDG dDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDF SDGFDGSFDGSGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDG My... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
22 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to replace particular content in a xml file

Hi, My requirement is to find a text and replace it with another in a XML file. I am new to Unix,Please provide some suggestion to achieve. Find: <Style ss:ID="ColumnHeader1"> Replace with: <Style ss:ID="ColumnHeader1"> <Borders> <Border ss:Position="Bottom"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnraja
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl extract content of file

I'm using Mail::Internet module, which will basically filter through email content and extract the body of the message my perl script to extract the body of the email #!/usr/bin/perl -w use Mail::Internet; @lines = <STDIN>; $mi_obj = new Mail::Internet(); ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amlife
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Content from a file

I have an input file with contents like: ./prbru6/12030613.LOG:24514|APPL|prbru6.8269.RTUDaemon.1|?|13:49:56|12/03/06|GMT+3|?|RTUServer Error:Count of Internal Error Qty (-1) < 0, for Audit group id - 1L5XVJ6DQE36AXL, after record number,1, File: EventAuditor.cc, Line: 394|? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrish
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create xml file using a content from another xml file

I need to create a xml file(master.xml) with contents from another xml files(children). I have below list of xml files in a temporary location (C:/temp/xmls) 1. child1.xml 2. child2.xml Below is the content of the child1.xml & child2.xml files, child1.xml <root> <emp> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a particular xml only from an xml jar file

Hi..need help on how to extract a particular xml file only from an xml jar file... thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwerty000
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting content from xml file

Hello All, Hope you are doing well!!!!! I have a small code in the below format in xml file: <UML:ModelElement.taggedValue> <UML:TaggedValue tag="documentation" value="This sequence&#xA;&#xA;HLD_EA_0001X&#xA;HLD_DOORS_002X"/> <UML:TaggedValue tag="documentation" value="This... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvendu4urs
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep content in xml file

I have an xml file with header as below. <Provider xmlns="http://www.xyzx.gov/xyz" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.xyzx.gov/xyz xyz.xsd" SCHEMA_VERSION="2.5" PROVIDER="5"> I want to get the schema version here that is 2.5 and put in a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
7 Replies
Apache::TestMM(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Apache::TestMM(3)

NAME
Apache::TestMM - Provide MakeMaker Wrapper Methods SYNOPSIS
require Apache::TestMM; # import MY::test and MY::clean overrides for MM Apache::TestMM->import(qw(test clean)); # parse command line args Apache::TestMM::filter_args(); # autogenerate the script Apache::TestMM::generate_script('t/TEST'); DESCRIPTION
"Apache::TestMM" provides wrappers for the "ExtUtils::MakeMaker" craft, making it easier to extend the autogenerated Makefile with "Apache::Test". FUNCTIONS
"import" use Apache::TestMM qw(test clean); or: Apache::TestMM->import(qw(test clean)); Imports "MY::" overrides for the default "ExtUtils::MakeMaker" test and clean targets, as if you have defined: sub MY::test {...} sub MY::clean {...} in Makefile.PL. "Apache::TestMM" does this for you so that these Makefile targets will run the Apache server and the tests for it, and clean up after its mess. "filter_args" push @ARGV, '-apxs', $apxs_path; Apache::TestMM::filter_args(); WriteMakefile(...); When "WriteMakefile()" is called it parses @ARGV, hoping to find special options like "PREFIX=/home/stas/perl". "Apache::Test" accepts a lot of configuration options of its own. When "Apache::TestMM::filter_args()" is called, it removes any "Apache::Test"-specific options from @ARGV and stores them internally, so when "WriteMakefile()" is called they aren't in @ARGV and thus won't be processed by "WriteMakefile()". The options can be set when Makefile.PL is called: % perl Makefile.PL -apxs /path/to/apxs Or you can push them manually to @ARGV from the code: push @ARGV, '-apxs', $apxs_path; When: Apache::TestMM::generate_script('t/TEST'); is called, "Apache::Test"-specific options extracted by "Apache::TestMM::filter_args()" are written to the autogenerated file. In our example, the autogenerated t/TEST will include: %Apache::TestConfig::Argv = qw(apxs /path/to/apxs); which is going to be used by the "Apache::Test" runtime. The other frequently used options are: "-httpd", telling where to find the httpd (usually when the "-apxs" option is not used), "-libmodperl" to use a specific mod_perl shared object (if your mod_perl is built as DSO), "-maxclients" to change the default number of the configured "MaxClients" directive, "-port" to start the server on a specific port, etc. To get the complete list of available configuration options and their purpose and syntax, run: % perl -MApache::TestConfig -le 'Apache::TestConfig::usage()' You may wish to document some of these in your application's README file, especially the "-apxs" and "-httpd" options. "generate_script" Apache::TestMM::generate_script('t/TEST'); "generate_script()" accepts the name of the script to generate and will look for a template with the same name and suffix .PL. So in our example it'll look for t/TEST.PL. The autogenerated script t/TEST will include the contents of t/TEST.PL, and special directives, including any configuration options passed via "filter_args()" called from Makefile.PL, special fixup code, etc. perl v5.16.2 2011-02-07 Apache::TestMM(3)