Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract XML content from a file Post 302590934 by balajesuri on Wednesday 18th of January 2012 04:45:01 AM
Old 01-18-2012
Code:
perl -ne '
if (/\[<\?xml/../^\]/) {
    if (/\[<\?xml/) {
        $f=0;
        s/.*?(\[<\?xml.*)/$1/;
        $x=$_;
    }
    elsif (/<BATCH_ID>12345678519<\/BATCH_ID>/) {
        $f=1;
        print $x; print;
    }
    elsif (!/\[<\?xml/ && !/<BATCH_ID>12345678519<\/BATCH_ID>/ && $f==1) { print }
    elsif ($f==0) { next }
}' inputfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Content extract of a file using awk

Hi Everyone, I have a file with the below content: File1.txt ====== ### ###==> the below table was created for testing1 purpose; ### create table 123 ( field1 date, field2 char(10) primary key(field1) ); ### ###==> the below table was created... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nr_shan
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

appending content in a xml file

Please help me on this..... i have a file which has following content: <IPCoreProducerConfig> <Producer> <config> <key>machineId</key> <value>machine1</value> </config> <config> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific content from a file

My input file: >sequence_1 ASSSSSSSSSSSDDDDDDDDDDDCCCCCCC ASDSFDFFDFDFFWERERERERFSDFESFSFD >sequence_2 ASDFDFDFFDDFFDFDSFDSFDFSDFSDFDSFASDSADSADASD ASDFFDFDFASFASFASFAFSFFSDASFASFASFAFS >sequence_3 VEDFGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDG dDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDF SDGFDGSFDGSGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDG My... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
22 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to replace particular content in a xml file

Hi, My requirement is to find a text and replace it with another in a XML file. I am new to Unix,Please provide some suggestion to achieve. Find: <Style ss:ID="ColumnHeader1"> Replace with: <Style ss:ID="ColumnHeader1"> <Borders> <Border ss:Position="Bottom"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnraja
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl extract content of file

I'm using Mail::Internet module, which will basically filter through email content and extract the body of the message my perl script to extract the body of the email #!/usr/bin/perl -w use Mail::Internet; @lines = <STDIN>; $mi_obj = new Mail::Internet(); ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amlife
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Content from a file

I have an input file with contents like: ./prbru6/12030613.LOG:24514|APPL|prbru6.8269.RTUDaemon.1|?|13:49:56|12/03/06|GMT+3|?|RTUServer Error:Count of Internal Error Qty (-1) < 0, for Audit group id - 1L5XVJ6DQE36AXL, after record number,1, File: EventAuditor.cc, Line: 394|? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrish
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create xml file using a content from another xml file

I need to create a xml file(master.xml) with contents from another xml files(children). I have below list of xml files in a temporary location (C:/temp/xmls) 1. child1.xml 2. child2.xml Below is the content of the child1.xml & child2.xml files, child1.xml <root> <emp> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a particular xml only from an xml jar file

Hi..need help on how to extract a particular xml file only from an xml jar file... thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwerty000
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting content from xml file

Hello All, Hope you are doing well!!!!! I have a small code in the below format in xml file: <UML:ModelElement.taggedValue> <UML:TaggedValue tag="documentation" value="This sequence&#xA;&#xA;HLD_EA_0001X&#xA;HLD_DOORS_002X"/> <UML:TaggedValue tag="documentation" value="This... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvendu4urs
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep content in xml file

I have an xml file with header as below. <Provider xmlns="http://www.xyzx.gov/xyz" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.xyzx.gov/xyz xyz.xsd" SCHEMA_VERSION="2.5" PROVIDER="5"> I want to get the schema version here that is 2.5 and put in a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
7 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Insets - Space between things DESCRIPTION
Graphics::Primitive::Insets represents the amount of space that surrounds something. This object can be used to represent either padding or margins (in the CSS sense, one being inside the bounding box, the other being outside) SYNOPSIS
use Graphics::Primitive::Insets; my $insets = Graphics::Primitive::Insets->new({ top => 5, bottom => 5, left => 5, right => 5 }); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Graphics::Primitive::Insets. Instance Methods as_array Return these insets as an array in the form of top, right, bottom and left. bottom Set/Get the inset from the bottom. equal_to Determine if these Insets are equal to another. left Set/Get the inset from the left. right Set/Get the inset from the right. top Set/Get the inset from the top. zero Sets all the insets (top, left, bottom, right) to 0. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" SEE ALSO
perl(1) COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2010 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2010-08-21 Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)