Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: execution problem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers execution problem Post 302590916 by esumiba on Wednesday 18th of January 2012 03:31:41 AM
Old 01-18-2012
execution problem

Hi

i have a file in which there are three fields

code:

919804199233 404911130003916 357266044991350F

and now i want to add two more fields i.e.

code:

919804199233 404911130003916 357266044991350F ms 123

how can i do it using command line

and if have a file of 100 lines and i want to add same field in every line

what will be the code?
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use next time code tags for your code and data

Click the URL to see how!

Last edited by vbe; 01-19-2012 at 09:37 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Execution Problem with Cron

Guys, I am beginer in unix. There is a cobol file with fixed-width. I want to read the total Line, Word and character count. I have tried with wc-l unix command, but it returns '0'. Please advice me the correct command/steps to get the record count. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhar
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem with ksh

Dear All, I have a script as follows: 1 #! /bin/ksh 2 # 28 varDate=`date +%d%h%y` 29 export spool_file=/app/my_user/work/TH_Status_${varDate}_Check.txt 30 31 ######################### 32 # Unix Code Starts here # 33 ######################### ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saps19
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] execution problem

Hi I want to make a script . In this script i want to use input file and this input file consist of three numbers in a line for example input file is as below: 919876543210 09876543234567876 98764534245678 aircelmms","aircelweb","aircelwap" 096574235625... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: esumiba
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

execution problem

Hi i am using expect module and trying to login using following code. ssh 127.0.0.1 expect "word:" send "$password \n" kindly let me know the login script using expect module (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

execution problem

Hi I am automating my few commands out of which one command is tail -f running.logs when i run this command it does not automatically exit and show prompt (#) what would i do so that it will exit out automatically after few seconds and move to the next command without using ... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

execution problem

HI I am trying to check the status of port using command /code: netstat -an | grep port /Output: *.2009 *.* 0 0 65535 0 LISTEN what i am trying to do is i want to grep only status Wether the port is established/listen if so show ok else... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem

hi all, when i tried executing the script by giving following command $ sh test.sh <parameter> it shows the following output: <none> status code=0 Previously it was working fine.But now its showing this output. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjay mn
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem

Hi, I have been trying to run a simple script CONFIG_FILE="/jay/check" . . . for i in `cat $CONFIG_FILE` do loc=`echo $i | cut -d "|" -f2` var=$(find $loc -mtime -1|wc -l) if then echo $loc has files older than 1 day fi done . . . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayii
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution problem

How to search a pattern from multiple files... i used the command suppose the pattern name is xxx grep xxx (file1-o- file2-o- file3) Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksakil
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

/bin/sh Execution problem

I am trying to explore HERE Document in UNIX. Here is the sample script that i am trying to execute: #!/bin/sh filename=sample.txt vi $filename <<EOF i This file was created automatically from a shell script. ^ Here is the error i received when i execute above script: Vim: Warning: Input... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satty007
3 Replies
URLCODING(3)						 libbash urlcoding Library Manual					      URLCODING(3)

NAME
urlcoding -- a Libbash library for encoding and decoding URL's. SYNOPSIS
urlEncodeString [-l] <STRING> urlEncodeFile [-l] <FILE> urlEncodeStream [-l] urlDecodeString <STRING> urlDecodeFile <FILENAME> urlDecodeStream DESCRIPTION
urlcoding is a collection of functions that convert ASCII-text to standard URL's and vice-versa. The AWK code used is based on code by Heiner Steven <heiner.steven@odn.de> The function list: urlEncodeString Creates a URL from an ASCII string urlEncodeFile Converts a file into URL-valid text urlEncodeStream Converts standard input into URL-valid text urlDecodeString Converts a URL-encoded text back to a plain-text form urlDecodeFile Coverts URL-encoded text in a file back to plain text urlDecodeStream Converts URL-encoded standard input to text Detailed interface description follows. The [-l] option for the encoding functions should be used when line-feed characters (' ') are to be encoded as well. All functions print the results of their conversions to standard output. The exit status of all functions is that of the command 'awk', with '0' for success FUNCTIONS DESCRIPTIONS
urlEncodeString [-l] <STRING> Converts STRING - a string of ASCII characters - to URL. urlEncodeFile [-l] <FILE> Coverts FILE of URL-encoded text to plain text urlEncodeStream [-l] Converts text from standard input to URL-text. urlDecodeString <STRING> Converts URL-encoded string STRING back to text. urlDecodeFile <FILENAME> Converts the URL-encoded text in FILE to plain text. urlDecodeStream Converts the URL-encoded text from standard input to plain-text AUTHORS
Alon Keren <alon.keren@gmail.com> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), libbash(1) Linux Epoch Linux