Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Difference between sh and ./
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Difference between sh and ./ Post 302590899 by parthmittal2007 on Wednesday 18th of January 2012 02:53:53 AM
Old 01-18-2012
Difference between sh and ./

Hi All
Can any body please tell me what is difference between
  • sh scr
  • ./scr
Here scr is a script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where is the difference?

Hello I would like to know where there is a difference between these two machines? HP9000-735/125 HP9000-B132L What does that all mean? Okay, HP= Hewlett Packard But 9000, 725/125, B132L ???? I am asking that question because I am about to buy one for myself, so I can have some fun... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fwurm
3 Replies

2. Linux

what is the difference between -h and -H ?

samba:/home/backup # df -h /home/ Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sdb2 34G 8.6G 26G 26% /home samba:/home/backup # df -H /home/ Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sdb2 37GB 9.2GB 28GB 26% /home what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cw1972
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between $* and $@

Somebody please tell me the difference between $@ and $* Thanks in advance. Saneesh Joseph (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saneeshjose
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

difference

difference b/w shell scripting and perl scripting (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: simmijaswal
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between 1,$ and /g

just wondering what the difference is between 1,$ and /g when doing a substitution in vi. doesn't seem to be much difference from what i can see. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigubosu
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

the difference is?

scp 123.txt user1@computer1.com:..//john_x1/lab scp 123.txt user1@computer1.com:../john_x1/lab What is the difference between single and slash here and in general? How to copy if we have a unique directory somewhere? Is some of above ways more prefered or... better solutions exists??? ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: c_lady
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between

$x=10 and providing the spaces between = and 10 $x= 10 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashank1311
4 Replies

8. Programming

what is the main difference between difference between using nonatomic lseek and O_APPEND

I think both write at the end of the file ...... but is there a sharp difference between those 2 instruction ..... thank you this is my 3rd question today forgive me :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fwrlfo
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get difference

Hi .. I am trying to create one function. It will have two arguments. Argument1: a,b,d,f,g Argument2:21212,sfsd,4546,67867,a,asda,b So the output will be Argument1 - Argument2 which is d,f,g Can anyone help with this one? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to calculate difference of split and sum the difference

In the awk I am trying to subtract the difference $3-$2 of each matching $4 before the first _ (underscore) and print that value in $13. I think the awk will do that, but added comments. What I am not sure off is how to add a line or lines that will add sum each matching $13 value and put it in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
RESCAN-SCSI-BUS.SH(8)					      System Manager's Manual					     RESCAN-SCSI-BUS.SH(8)

NAME
rescan-scsi-bus.sh - rescan the SCSI bus. SYNOPSIS
rescan-scsi-bus.sh [ -l ] [ -w ] [ -c ] [ -r ] [ host... ] DESCRIPTION
rescan-scsi-bus.sh is a program that is used to rescan the SCSI bus using the SCSI add-single-device feature of the Linux SCSI layer. OPTIONS
-l Activates scanning for LUNs 0 .. 7 (default: 0). -L NUM Activates scanning for LUNs 0 .. LUN (default: 0). --luns=LIST Scan only LUNs in LIST. -w Enables scanning for device IDs 0 .. 15 (default: 0 .. 7). --ids=LIST Scan only device IDs in LIST. -i, --issue-lip Issue a FibreChannel LIP reset (default: disabled). -r, --remove Enables removing of devices (default: disabled). --forceremove Remove and readd every device (dangerous). -c Enables scanning of channels 0 1 (default: 0). --channels=LIST Scan only channels in LIST. host, --hosts=LIST If host adapters are given, only these are scanned (default: all). --nooptscan Don't stop looking for LUNs if 0 is not found. --color Use coloured prefixes OLD/NEW/DEL. LIST is a comma separated list of single values and ranges (no spaces allowed), e.g. 0,2-3,8,10-15. AUTHOR
rescan-scsi-bus.sh was written by Kurt Garloff <garloff@suse.de>. COPYRIGHT
This program is free software. You can use it under the terms of the GNU GPL (General Public License) Version 2 (or any later version, at your option). Note, that the GNU GPL implies, that there is NO WARRANTY at all. Full text of the GPL can be found in /usr/share/common- licenses/GPL file. AVAILABILITY
rescan-scsi-bus.sh is available from http://www.garloff.de/kurt/linux/scsidev/ March 1998 RESCAN-SCSI-BUS.SH(8)